Nugget Shooter Forums
azdigger

Got to get back with detector

Found this when I was out goofing on my Ranger . Want to take both the G
PX and GM1000 and go for a walk.

gully.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good :head: If your out scouting around I would have at least your GM on board just in case :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

• Like 3

I would have had them with me , but I was down by the lake then went looking.

this is not on Lake Mead area,

Dirt was obviously cleared on the right bank for some reason.  I would start there.  :)

• Like 1

So how come you're here telling us you want to do it instead of out there doing it! :inocent:

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 2

It's a 40 mile ride on the Ranger......will be going soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azdigger said:

It's a 40 mile ride on the Ranger......will be going soon.

I think you're gonna hid your stride at the outing in LSD... once you get around people who are finding color it helps with the self confidence greatly, plus if you skunk, you can steal a nuggy from their pan to tell you wife you found.

Edited by jjbond

No wife , she passed 4 years ago in Dec.

That is the big thing is not wanting to go alone...safety and all.

3 hours ago, Andyy said:

Dirt was obviously cleared on the right bank for some reason.  I would start there.  :)

Is that what that is Andyy..? Phewww..! Good eyes, better than mine at least..

I was havin' a real problem tryin' to figure out how tall the creature is with just the one imprint showin'.. I feel better about Rick headin' back out there now, cos you know how cranky them sentrys get after a few hundred years without so much as a day off much less any vacay time, right..? :yikes::WOW:

Swamp

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 5:01 PM, azdigger said:

No wife , she passed 4 years ago in Dec.

That is the big thing is not wanting to go alone...safety and all.

Sorry to hear that, my mom passed away a week ago, I feel your loss.

As to the being out alone, that's all I ever am out there, I love it that way.. you just have to be careful of the possible danger..... :ph34r: I just spent the day on Vulture Mine today and had the poop scared out of me by someone trying to help me dig a target..... I don't know spideeees but it was huge and sure looked like a Tare Un Toooooola to me... ZOYKES!!!!

Oh... and watch out for cat claw... they just bounce right down your arm leaving drain holes along the way..shees

20171104_142142.jpg

20171104_164709.jpg

20171104_180648.jpg

Edited by jjbond
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

And they can jump :th:Mike C...:200: PS  the blood letting is only the first installment of whats to be -there will be many more-the desert takes what it wants and when you find something you put something back:arrowheadsmiley:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ouch , I heard it said "every thing out there either want to stick you ,stab you , or try to bite you."

• Like 2

I've been in the claw and cholla.  It is my contention that is what makes cowboys and cowgirls tough in Arizona.  It ain't the horses and cows!

The THOUGHT of pulling a lot of that stuff out of a hand, foot, arm, leg, etc is PAINFUL.  Then you still have to do it!

Mitchel

Edited by mn90403

Hey Jen, if you find a pick out there with reflector tape on it... it's mine ... LOL.  Well it was mine :)   I lost it the first week I got it.  Set it down a bit too long.  I hate getting old and forgetful.  :grr01:

Hey Andy, why do you put reflector tape on it?  :brows:

Old Tom

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Tom said:

Hey Andy, why do you put reflector tape on it?  :brows:

Old Tom

I'm guessing so that the person that finds it later could see it better! :idunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Andyy said:

Hey Jen, if you find a pick out there with reflector tape on it... it's mine ... LOL.  Well it was mine :)   I lost it the first week I got it.  Set it down a bit too long.  I hate getting old and forgetful.  :grr01:

I'll keep a lookout for it..... I stumbled across this today at LSD, luckily timing was in my favour on this one..

20171105_135737.jpg

20171105_135654.jpg

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 3

Wanna see what that gully will look like when you're done AZDigger? Check this out, taken today at Little San Domingo.... wow they licked it clean, gotta love gas vacs.

20171105_143215.jpg

13 hours ago, azdigger said:

Ouch , I heard it said "every thing out there either want to stick you ,stab you , or try to bite you."

Yea and that's just the local residents...:inocent:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike C... said:

And they can jump

SAY WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!! OH HELL NO...whew.... I was leaning right into it to take the shot... glad I didn't know that then....

22 hours ago, jjbond said:

Sorry to hear that, my mom passed away a week ago, I feel your loss.

As to the being out alone, that's all I ever am out there, I love it that way.. you just have to be careful of the possible danger..... :ph34r: I just spent the day on Vulture Mine today and had the poop scared out of me by someone trying to help me dig a target..... I don't know spideeees but it was huge and sure looked like a Tare Un Toooooola to me... ZOYKES!!!!

Oh... and watch out for cat claw... they just bounce right down your arm leaving drain holes along the way..shees

20171104_142142.jpg

20171104_164709.jpg

20171104_180648.jpg

Hey Jen, I was down around Bumble Bee today and ended up with "Arizona Red-racing stripes" like yours (on the same for-arm too).  kind of bled like-a-stuck-hog.  Put a bit of camphorated oil on it, and it stopped the bleeding real quick.  That taranchula is a Texas brown.  They are harmless.  I had a couple of them for pets in an aquarium.   I don't worry about them, but what I really keep my eyes open for is the scorpions that are very abundant out there.  They scurry out whenever you move large rocks and boulders.  The bark scorpions are very poisonous.  I was stung by a scorpion on my right little pinky finger when I was very young, and I have had, and still have a "zero-tolerance" for arachnids of that type to this day.  If I even see them move,:ROFL: I either smack them with a shovel or the nearest rock.  Gary   

13 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

Hey Jen, I was down around Bumble Bee today and ended up with "Arizona Red-racing stripes" like yours (on the same for-arm too).  kind of bled like-a-stuck-hog.  Put a bit of camphorated oil on it, and it stopped the bleeding real quick.  That taranchula is a Texas brown.  They are harmless.  I had a couple of them for pets in an aquarium.   I don't worry about them, but what I really keep my eyes open for is the scorpions that are very abundant out there.  They scurry out whenever you move large rocks and boulders.  The bark scorpions are very poisonous.  I was stung by a scorpion on my right little pinky finger when I was very young, and I have had, and still have a "zero-tolerance" for arachnids of that type to this day.  If I even see them move,:ROFL: I either smack them with a shovel or the nearest rock.  Gary   

Thanks for the info....... glad to know it was harmless... he sure was furry....  cute in a way.

How's the detecting up at Bumble, any good or is it more high banker, dredge country.. it's REAL close to me and I've had my fill of Little (Gold) San Domingo for a while..haha

Edited by jjbond

5 hours ago, Andyy said:

If you're out there before me, keep an eye out for a set of black and brown leather gloves, they must have fell on the ground as I was loading my truck.. they're probably shacked up with your pick and all the socks that go missing from our dryers.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jjbond said:

Thanks for the info....... glad to know it was harmless... he sure was furry....  cute in a way.

How's the detecting up at Bumble, any good or is it more high banker, dredge country.. it's REAL close to me and I've had my fill of Little (Gold) San Domingo for a while..haha

"High banker and dredge country"?????????????????  You must be thinking of California, or Canada?????  There's not enough water for a high banker, nor a dredge around Bumble Bee.  It remains bone-dry about 80% of the year.  

I like the area between Bumble Bee and Cleater, as the whole area is composed of a rust-red-stained decomposed granite substrata, with many quartz outcroppings, and black-hot-rocks that just pop up out of nowhere.  The whole valley had been hit hard by the early VLF-swingers of the day, so most of the easy-big-stuff is gone.  The Roadrunner's have many claims down in that valley; and although most have been heavily-hammered, you can still find gold on them,......."if you know what you are doing".  Seems to me I heard that you had become a member of the Roadrunners club???  Check out their maps (claims) around Bumble Bee, and those on the way to Cleater.  Gary 

• Like 1