Nugget Shooter Forums
LowPoint

Am I wrong, or "wasn't this (at one time) a GOLD FORUM???

8 hours ago, Micro Nugget said:

Thanks Gary.  I am curious about the "chevron-like" features on the left side of the cornflake.  I've not run across too many of those.  I, like you and many others on this forum, derive great satisfaction seeing some color displayed from time to time.

Luke: I never noticed the hair!!  I went back out yesterday (Wednesday) to the same vicinity attempting to determine which direction, if any, this little patch might extend to.  Unfortunately I mostly found where it wasn't.  However, back to the center of the patch site I managed to uncork the little guy seen below.

2017-10-26 10.41.47.jpg

This newest nugget of yours appears to be sort of spongy-looking,...are those micro-open-pits running thru it??  Many, if not most of the nuggets that I find over here have very small grains of magnetite, and/ or magnetite mixed with black-stained quartz embedded within any open areas.  ...I like that deep-rich-purple background too.  Gary

The little Wednesday nugget (above) and the large nugget above the cornflake in my prior photo of Monday's finds on the previous page both came from what I suspect is a deeper, geologically older pay layer.  Each shares the coarse "spongy looking" surface feature and each has a lighter gold color (suggesting a higher silver content) compared to the "buttery yellow" shiny, smooth surfaced nuggets.  I can't tell for certain whether the pits or "pores" run throughout.  There does seem to be a bit of magnetite embedded in them though.  I used a 15X macro lens on my iPhone to take the above close-up. The diffused purple tone comes from one of my bride's velvet pillows that served as a base.  My intention is not to hijack your thread, but to encourage more photo submissions with some added dialog -- a combo that may stimulate some reflection and make following Bill's forum fun.

• Like 1

"Hey Terry",....GREAT VIDEO !!!! ----with some very nice Gold from many with the passion.  I was surprised to see the photo of some of my nuggets on there,..."THANKS" for including them.  :4chsmu1:  Gary

• Like 1

Nice compilation, Terry..! :thumbsupanim
oldies1955, hmmm..? I know that username.. Methinks the owner of it
should step forward with his username here to take credit for the finds,
as they're extremely nice pieces.. I know I'd be proud to have found them.. :woot:

Swamp

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Nice compilation, Terry..! :thumbsupanim
as they're extremely nice pieces.. I know I'd be proud to have found them.. :woot:

Swamp

Al yes oldies1955 is a member here but with another username, so is his dad as well and they both have the same first name, they search for gold as a team and do pretty well at it!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:35 AM, Swampstomper Al said:

Yeah, that's my son Tom H.  Those are from the pizza nugget wash.  He goes ahead with the Pi and I clean up with the GB Pro.  We seem to do well together and now we have added another VLF to the arsenal.  The monster I doing well for us but I am having a hard time adapting to it.  I guess old folks don't like change but I'll get there.  

Old Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice looking gold,.... I don't find much of that speci-gold around here.  Here's one I found earlier this year( 5.79 Grams). 

When I finally plopped it out of a deep crack I thought it was a lead slug at first considering it was completely covered in clay-mud.  When I rubbed it, and after my eyes focused a-bit a "YAHOO" was forth coming. :ROFL:   Still got this one.   Gary

100_0683.JPG

• Like 6

That is a beautiful photo Gary.  Here is a shot of my finds during the last two weeks (some shown in a prior photo).  The chubby nugget is 5.42g.  It (and two others near it) were coated in a heavy claylike layer -- so heavy that at first I thought these to be lead shrapnel. The two photos below were taken from different angles so that the shadow lengths give some proportion to the sizes.

2017-11-03 16.13.51.jpg

2017-11-03 15.47.33.jpg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Micro Nugget said:

That is a beautiful photo Gary.  Here is a shot of my finds during the last two weeks (some shown in a prior photo).  The chubby nugget is 5.42g.  It (and two others near it) were coated in a heavy claylike layer -- so heavy that at first I thought these to be lead shrapnel. The two photos below were taken from different angles so that the shadow lengths give some proportion to the sizes.

2017-11-03 16.13.51.jpg

2017-11-03 15.47.33.jpg

Cool-looking-nuggets,....   They look geothermal-formed,...kind of porous and spongy-looking.  I have seen some nuggets come out of Rich Hill here in Arizona that look like your big one, and some (many) have a layer of caliche-clay that covers them as well.  Gary 

Was this forum down overnight or was I just dreaming?

Same here.  If I get up early on a weekend, it's been down a couple of times.

Phew..! It isn't just me.. I was blamin' it on my 486 - SX25 on dial-up.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp

• Haha 1

If your 486 is still working, I'm jealous.  This computer I'm on, bought three years ago, I expect to be too old anytime soon.

• Like 1

Yep all tech and stuff like Skip said, but really we forgot to put a quarter in the meter.....:4chsmu1:

• Haha 7

On 12/9/2017 at 1:09 PM, Swampstomper Al said:

I was blamin' it on my 486 - SX25 on dial-up.. 

WOW! ... That brings back memories of my old IBM 25 PC :old: . .. pile of 5" floppy discs and all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My first computer was a TRS 80 Model 3, by radio shack.  Had 36k Ram if booted with a floppy, and 48k without.  Without a floppy, you entered all programs from scratch each time.

Saw it in a museum a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

"HEY" WHAT'S THE IDEA OF HIJACKING OR SABATAGING MY THREAD????

My purpose for starting this thread was to encourage "others" (on this forum) to "also-post" photos of their gold finds (instead of holding back and learking in the shadows as if they hadn't found any gold at all); .....To include some encouragement (for those new to this pursuit, and to others who may not have quite figured-out the ins and outs as yet); .... To provide a story (my experience in-relation-to my find) that may make it interesting to read about the experience; ... "AND" To provide some insites (helpful methods) that may help others to succeed as well.

But, instead, some of you (through your off-breed-discussions) have used my thread as a "Portal" to communicate subjects that are completly unrelated to my title and subject matter. Far-be-it for me to label you inept, but I will say, you must be too lazy to open your own thread, as you would rather "change" the initial-subject matter of this thread instead.  Gary

• Like 1

Funny how that happens a lot Gary. It wasn't a matter of sabotage but a break down in the system that caused the switch in this system. It happens my friend. Many of my posts have ended in a totally different subject from what I started. I really liked you idea to encourage sharing info and posts of successful hunts. I for one don't post many of my nugget finds. Just something I learned from a couple of my early mentors ... even those before I became addicted to gold  ... back in my beach hunt days. I will try to post more finds in 2018 ... OK? We all learn a little from each other no matter our experience level when the details of the find are shared as well. That doesn't mean coordinates to the location but what type of soil and what drew you there is interesting info ... at least it is to me. One thing I have gained from others is a realization and personal results of finding more gold in Metamorphic rocks/soils than I have in Volcaniics(Basalt for example). That is not to say that one can't find gold in Volcanic material just that there seems to be less there or if in Basalt not all detectors can be worked there. Onward and upward from here! :old:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

"HEY" WHAT'S THE IDEA OF HIJACKING OR SABATAGING MY THREAD????

My purpose for starting this thread was to encourage "others" (on this forum) to "also-post" photos of their gold finds (instead of holding back and learking in the shadows as if they hadn't found any gold at all); .....To include some encouragement (for those new to this pursuit, and to others who may not have quite figured-out the ins and outs as yet); .... To provide a story (my experience in-relation-to my find) that may make it interesting to read about the experience; ... "AND" To provide some insites (helpful methods) that may help others to succeed as well.

But, instead, some of you (through your off-breed-discussions) have used my thread as a "Portal" to communicate subjects that are completly unrelated to my title and subject matter. Far-be-it for me to label you inept, but I will say, you must be too lazy to open your own thread, as you would rather "change" the initial-subject matter of this thread instead.  Gary

Hijacked..? Really..?

I'd be more apt to go with resuscitated, or resurrected -- mayhaps tossed-a-life-preserver or salvaged even.. Obviously not with posts of the type you were wanting, yet / but saved by others just the same..

The fact of the matter is this thread was thirty-two days dead-and-gone and all but buried when for whatever reason Morlock chose "here" to post an one-liner about the entire site having been wonky a couple times in the recent past.. Assuming, nay, knowing his thinking can be somewhat like mine when it comes to certain "branchings off pathways" I'm gonna go with him doing so was an easy and subtle way to bump a thread back into relevancy by placing it in front of viewers eyes once again.. Sure there may be some prattling or goofiness in conjunction with the shot-in-the-arm savior, but hopefully following that the thread will pick up again from where it stalled, or stopped..

Which brings us to the stalling or stopping portion of today's show, brought to you by Bilt-Tuff brake pads and Idle Threat fuel injector reconditioner with nanotech stabilization O-ring rebuilder redundency technology.. When a thread sees no action for over a month following a not-bad-but-less-than-stellar start to begin with it's generally due to one or more of a very short list of reasons.. In this case it's due to three main factors: 1) Lacking time of possible provider's; 2) Lacking interest of possible providers, as in they either don't like or care to share at all or don't like or care to do so under another person's titled thread; or The Biggie 3) Nuggetshooter has not one but two forums dedicated to the posting of nugget finds..

Ergo there's nothing to go getting yourself all riled up over by taking personally or too seriously, Gary.. What you're seeing is simply pretty much the way things tend to flow around here and most other similar sites.. When a thread is gifted a second chance at life yet no external-source on-topic conversation ensews it kinda falls on the original poster to try to regenerate interest, i.e. another picture posting of the subject matter at hand, in hope doing so re-kindles a shared flow of like subject depictings..

But if following that nothing further happens it just means the thread has run its course.. Given this site has dedicated space for finds allows folks to post what they want when they want to be picked up under their own username by the web crawlers.. If photo interaction happens to take place 'out here' in these forums that's all well and good and for the betterment of eye-candy viewing, but it isn't something one would or should expect to happen constantly and/or continuously in long-running threads.. I've never seen it or known it to work that way because, well, just because, I suppose.. If I had to guess I would say it has more to do with the (photo) credit factor than anything else, and things like that tend to 'get lost' when stowed under another's username..

Swamp

• Like 3

Here's one....   :4chsmu1:

I'm particularly proud of this one.  I found it almost a foot down with the 11" commander while Microsniper watched me dig it up.  It weighs just slightly over 1 gram.

Enjoy !!

Luke

20171119_145709 (3).jpg

• Like 6

That beauty is rich in natural desert gold nugget character and has a lusty metallic gleam.  Great composition as well.  Good job Luke!  I bagged a couple last Friday and will try to get some photos posted.

• Thanks 1

Luke--Did you dig that up recently and did you have to clean it?