Nugget Shooter Forums

Wow , Franconia has changed. The tunnel that we used to drive thru going to the north side  is no longer passable , it has about a 3.5 ft drop. The only way to hunt there is to park and walk.

The railroad police was there telling anyone they was not allowed to ride on the side roads any longer. He took tag numbers and names, said it was being logged.

I hunted the south side . I fount several pieces of wire and 2 50 cal heads plus a 30 cal.

The GPX  did sound off .

200Ft they have.  Messed up as it is they tend to get a bit ugly some times.  They gate some of the Siding roads here in New Mexico.

I think "they" removed the boulders at the tunnel a few years ago to stop people from driving through.  They were there one year and then we had a really wet winter and when I went back they were gone.

• Like 1

There is another crossing that is easier to get across, take a look on google earth and you will see, its about 1.5 miles West of the Franconia exit rd.

Dave

• Like 1

They had a RR cop up there stopping anyone on the side road, saying you are not allowed there on that road, took tag numbers said you would get a  fine if caught again.

There is a place right across from where most parked on the edge of the wilderness area but a Polaris range will not fit.

Your supposed to AVOID the trains and patrol when in the area.
Like "incognito" baby, wait till the time is right an MOVE .

• Like 1

I worked on a project along 12 miles of BNSF right-of-way several years ago, I went through their "safety training" and had a badge for myself and a permit for my vehicle and the whole 9 yards.  They are very protective about their property, and rightly so; much of it has been theirs (i.e. ATSF.) as long or longer than some states have been states.  They received land grants from Congress decades before Arizona was even on the map.  Follow Frank's advice.

Edited by Mikestang