Nugget Shooter Forums
North Pines Gold

GM 1000 Sweet spot.

Is there a sweet spot on the GM 1000 large coil that sounds off when over a target? Is it the tip, heel, left side or right side? With the coil being roughly 100 sq. inches where is the target in those sq. inches? Is it the same for the smaller coil? I seem to be getting hits all over the place. It's kinda a pain to have to search through 100 sq inches 3-4 inches deep.

Thanks ---------------------------------------

Jim

Bill told me that is was right in the middle of the coil.

Take a small piece of metal and find some ground with no other targets.

Put the metal on the ground where you can see it.

Swing coil over target and the 'sweet spot' should be in the center of the coil.

If it's a DD coil, which I believe it is,  the coil should have almost the same sensitivity from front to back in the middle of the coil.

If you are having problems, there might be more than one target.

• Like 1

I dont use the 10" coil but I can say the 5" seems to have a sweet spot just back from center of the coil right in front of the shaft end. Sorry that probably doesnt help you much... :idunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, North Pines Gold said:

Is there a sweet spot on the GM 1000 large coil that sounds off when over a target? Is it the tip, heel, left side or right side? With the coil being roughly 100 sq. inches where is the target in those sq. inches? Is it the same for the smaller coil? I seem to be getting hits all over the place. It's kinda a pain to have to search through 100 sq inches 3-4 inches deep.

Thanks ---------------------------------------

Jim

Every target I have located and dug with my GM 1000 when I pin pointed the target has been almost dead center of both coils just ahead of where the shaft attaches to the coil that is where I seem to get the loudest sound from the GM every time on both coils I do not use the small coil as much as the larger because I like more ground coverage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwaysdirty said:

I dont use the 10" coil but I can say the 5" seems to have a sweet spot just back from center of the coil right in front of the shaft end. Sorry that probably doesnt help you much... :idunno:

Yup....same here.

Tom H.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, azdigger said:

Bill told me that is was right in the middle of the coil.

Not middle of cool it is in the center of the sticker at front for me.... 5 inch pretty much the same. It is a DD coil thus the hotter area is front to back in coil center.

• Like 2

If you guys would stick to nuggets 2 ounces or larger you wouldn't have such a problem with pinpointing.  :ROFL:

Doc

• Like 3
  • Haha 4