Nugget Shooter Forums
GDM/PV

"HEY BILL", Got my 1st nugget with my GPZ-7000 today.

Well, after playing and fooling around (on and off) with different settings, and hitting 4-5 different old, and "very-hammered" spots for the past 5-months up around Lynx Creek "without any luck" I headed down into the lower desert today.  The heat wasn't bad (a high of around 75-78 deg).  After a boot tack and 2-3 very small pieces of rusted tin, I managed to hear a very faint signal, and after digging down right-at one foot I pulled this 2.37 gram nugget out.  The first photo is just "some" of the various-sized lead and fragments that I have found on other outings (there has been much more not photo'd).  Based on how smooth and rounded this nugget is, it has traveled a bit down stream, and is pendant-shaped.        Gary

100_2718.JPG

100_2713.JPG

100_2715.JPG

• Like 11

Now that is sweet news and nice nugget at that depth it must have been a faint signal.... Now that you have confidence in that 7000 look out :head: Seriously and knowing you can tag that 2.3 nugget at that depth is a big deal....

• Like 3

Yeah, that's a nice solid little bugger.  Betcha that one sounded off nice and sweet.  Stay up top side Gary and leave those chunkies for me.   :thumbsupanim

Old Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You'll get smaller gold even deeper than that with the gpz, Gary.  Nice work.  The gpz can take some getting used to.  But it sounds like you're catching on fast.

Gary,

Firsts are FIRSTS!

Well done sir.

Very cool. Congratulations!

Nice little chunkachunk!  WTG, Gary!

Nice chunker Gary !!

Congrats on the first of many with your 7000.  :thumbsupanim

I'd better hurry and get back out there while there's still some gold left....   :4chsmu1:

Luke

Nice nugget Gary :thcongratsflwrs:

Were you excited when you started finding old white lead? I always like to find old lead.

Tom H.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TomH said:

Nice nugget Gary :thcongratsflwrs:

Were you excited when you started finding old white lead? I always like to find old lead.

Tom H.

NO Tom, actually I am getting tired of finding lead with the Z-7000, as I know that that lead should have been gold, considering how deep most of those were, and how far down into bedrock even the very smallest ones were.  I'm usually glad to find lead, as I know (weight-wise) both gold and lead will be in the same pocket ("IF" there is gold there to begin with).  Gary

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

NO Tom, actually I am getting tired of finding lead with the Z-7000, as I know that that lead should have been gold, considering how deep most of those were, and how far down into bedrock even the very smallest ones were.  I'm usually glad to find lead, as I know (weight-wise) both gold and lead will be in the same pocket ("IF" there is gold there to begin with).  Gary

I should have explained better....when I find old white lead it tells me that it has not been detected in a LONG time, if ever. :)
Tom H.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TomH said:

I should have explained better....when I find old white lead it tells me that it has not been detected in a LONG time, if ever. :)
Tom H.

I know what you mean Tom.  I also like finding old lead as well, as it is an indicator to me that no one had detected down that deep to have retrieved that lead.  And if they are missing lead, they are most likely also missing gold as well. :brows:  So, "if" I have to be finding some sort of trash, I'd rather be finding old lead than pinhead sized rusted tin flakes.  Gary

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice chunk there Gary! Congrats!!!

• Like 1