Nugget Shooter Forums
Mike C...

Small nug awakening

Since its kinda slow here thought Id post this one that I found a few weeks ago- I awoke it from its long slumber-I took my time on this one I usually just dig em out  and maybe take a pic-I know its small Its a whopping 2.5 grains and was down about 3 inches-found with a 2300 :head:-Funny thing is a 5000 had just gone over it and didnt even hear it so I guess the 2300 is good for something :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

IMG_0150.JPG

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 13

Interesting soil....

Nice nugget Mike  :thumbsupanim

Thanks for sharing

Luke

• Like 1

Nice nuggie Mike. Adds to the collection no matter what size.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Interesting soil....

Decomposed granite bedrock-the redder the better :4chsmu1:Thanks Mike C...:200:

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Since its kinda slow here thought Id post this one that I found a few weeks ago- I awoke it from its long slumber-I took my time on this one I usually just dig em out  and maybe take a pic-I know its small Its a whopping 2.5 grains and was down about 3 inches-found with a 2300 :head:-Funny thing is a 5000 had just gone over it and didnt even hear it so I guess the 2300 is good for something :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

IMG_0150.JPG

Mike...............you know, you got to bring the  pistol, rifle, and shot gun to get everything :)
WTG:thcongratsflwrs:

Great find.

Tom H.

• Like 2

I agree about the soil.  but I'm sure Mike will tell us where he found it to help solve the mystery. :D Nice find Mike, hope you find more in there.

AzNuggetBob

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Now  thats real purdy, Maybe the 5000 was slumbering when it went across that puppy ?:idunno:

• Thanks 1

Nice in situ, Mike!  Thanks for sharing! .... Cheers, Unc

• Thanks 1

Great detecting skills, I am finding when the ground is cleaned up...my skill get better!!  The ears get tuned to the slightest threshold change...thanks for showing some gold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, devilishjim said:

Now  thats real purdy, Maybe the 5000 was slumbering when it went across that puppy ?:idunno:

Actually it was on edge so I can see how it was  missed:arrowheadsmiley: now if it was laying flat Im sure the 5000 would of seen it-I have found under 1 grainers with my 5000 :head: Mike C...:200: The guy who passed over it is very good with his 5000 :head:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1

Yup, I always find it fascinating when I find a tiny piece..smaller than i would think possible for a 4500 to find.  Like the 5000, its easy to miss those little ones..but the other day I found 2 , both weighed in at  .06 of a gram or .93 grains !! Used a 4500 with a sadie coil and went slow over ground i been on with multiple coils sizes including the sadie I found them with a few days ago. Just goes to show you that their are so many factors involved when using a detector with so many setting options....and environmental conditions that have effect on detecting and finding that target. That sdc 2300 is one fine machine and definitely has the edge on the tiniest pieces of gold over the gpx machines.

• Like 2

That's SMALL gold for most any detector.  My GMT could miss that on crappy ground.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homefire said:

That's SMALL gold for most any detector.  My GMT could miss that on crappy ground.

Just turn the sat way up and that smooths most of it out :head: Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

WTG Mike ... nice little speck ... that 2300 worked really well for me in the past!

• Thanks 1