Nugget Shooter Forums
onamission12000

Recommendations for a new coin/beach/relic machine

Hey all you coin /beach/relic guys i'm looking for an all around machine, for under $1000.......can you help me out,

I could really use some suggestions, with reasons why they might be a good choice, I'll be going back to the Philippines soon, and looking for something to keep me occupied.

thanks, tom

Sounds like the new Minelab Equinox might be your best bet. I've been waiting for the reviews on this myself.

• Like 1

My opinion on detectors that you can get right now....I kind of like my Whites MXT, great for coins , lots of different coils for it too.

Lots of good coin beepers out there now and rumor has it that the new minelab wont be available till sometime in spring-is that our spring or the Aussies spring :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

If you are hunting SALTwater beaches, you'll need a multi-frequency VLF, or a Pulse Induction machine. My advice - to keep it to $1,000.00 -  is to get TWO machines. First, for in the wet saltwater sand and in the saltwater, a Tesoro SAND Shark (PI) $600.00, and second, any single-freq VLF for the dry sand and dirt, like a Tesoro Vaquero, or Minelab X-Terra 505. :thumbsupanim

Wait for the new Equinox, you will not regret it... I will be taking down payments to get yours from the first round.

or, if you must have something right now...consider an used CTX. good for anything except small nugget hunting...

fred

The Philippines am a big place.. It'll help to know if you are primarily gonna be beeping in those mountainous areas where Au can be found, in populated areas for coins and etc. or on the beaches..

It does make a difference.. Compromises need to be made.. You have a few choices, the best of which isn't available quite yet -- which should tell you the one I would go with..

Short of that and you need something right now I suppose I'd go with the Garrett AT Max if available or the AT Pro with their new head phones if not (or their wireless if adaptable to the PRO..) Good compromise for the versatility you desire..

Swamp

EDIT: If you are going to be primarily on beaches, Terry has a good option..
But if you can either wait for and get it there or pre-order-and-ship an Equinox, that's the way I'd really go..

Edited by Swampstomper Al