Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

A monster sucking day

What! I didnt say the monster sucked??? :)
Headed out to the hills with dad today to meet up with a good friend that let us come into a area hes been getting a lot of small stuff out of.

So..........were tooling alone the freeway, cop on the side of the road with flashers on...no biggie...keep cruzing. 5 miles down the road, im getting lit up! What the heck!??? Pull over and he explains to me that I did not follow the "pull over" law. Guess if they are stopped on the side you have to slow down and pull over into the other lane. WTheck...there were cars in front/behind/and beside all just cruising along....Guess I had the only vehicle he could catch that stood out. Whatever...I just said yes sir, no sir....and got my warning.

To the gold fields!!!!
 Did some placering today :) dug a few spots out and sucked them up. Did some detecting with the 5000 and didnt get anything yellow..lots of other stuff though!

So the other guy is detecting where the wash crosses the road and bang...he gets two, one a sunbaker :) I took the monster over and beeped the single one in the pic.

He left the little guys there for me to suck up. Cleaned up the road/wash area with the vac. Bout 3/4 bucket.

Got some nice pieces out of it! The second bucket didnt fare as well. But, all in all it weighed out to .4 grams. Paid for the gas anyway :)
Great day out with Dad and friends.

We got a pic of a walking stick bug also.

Oh, also my feeble attempt at hand stacking :ROFL:

Tom H.

DSC03838.JPG

DSC03842.JPG

SAM_1738.JPG

SAM_1739.JPG

SAM_1741.JPG

• Like 11

Nice, Tom! That place looks familiar:200:.   You guys must have been in Greaterplaceritasandomingobasinville again! Nice going!

Dean

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Dbado1 said:

Nice, Tom! That place looks familiar:200:.   You guys must have been in Greaterplaceritasandomingobasinville again! Nice going!

Dean

LOL...yah..that place! :)
Tom

That's some nice gold Tom !!

Cool hat too.  :thumbsupanim

It sure is nice when your friend takes you to a spot and you find some gold.

I, too, have been very fortunate to have a few friends that have taken me to some good spots.  :brows:

Here's to friends !!  :oregonian_winesmiley:

Luke

Edited by LukeJ
one more comma
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Right on! Good day indeed! 😃

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LukeJ said:

That's some nice gold Tom !!

Cool hat too.  :thumbsupanim

It sure is nice when your friend takes you to a spot and you find some gold.

I, too, have been very fortunate to have a few friends that have taken me to some good spots.  :brows:

Luke

I second that!  Cheers!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TomH said:

What! I didnt say the monster sucked??? :)
Headed out to the hills with dad today to meet up with a good friend that let us come into a area hes been getting a lot of small stuff out of.

So..........were tooling alone the freeway, cop on the side of the road with flashers on...no biggie...keep cruzing. 5 miles down the road, im getting lit up! What the heck!??? Pull over and he explains to me that I did not follow the "pull over" law. Guess if they are stopped on the side you have to slow down and pull over into the other lane. WTheck...there were cars in front/behind/and beside all just cruising along....Guess I had the only vehicle he could catch that stood out. Whatever...I just said yes sir, no sir....and got my warning.

To the gold fields!!!!
 Did some placering today :) dug a few spots out and sucked them up. Did some detecting with the 5000 and didnt get anything yellow..lots of other stuff though!

So the other guy is detecting where the wash crosses the road and bang...he gets two, one a sunbaker :) I took the monster over and beeped the single one in the pic.

He left the little guys there for me to suck up. Cleaned up the road/wash area with the vac. Bout 3/4 bucket.

Got some nice pieces out of it! The second bucket didnt fare as well. But, all in all it weighed out to .4 grams. Paid for the gas anyway :)
Great day out with Dad and friends.

We got a pic of a walking stick bug also.

Oh, also my feeble attempt at hand stacking :ROFL:

Tom H.

DSC03838.JPG

DSC03842.JPG

SAM_1738.JPG

SAM_1739.JPG

SAM_1741.JPG

Aww man, you got cuzzed. "Why did you pull me over?, cuz..."

Love getting the vac out. It's like a box of cracker jacks with the prize at the bottom. Nice pics!

• Like 2

Thats the coolest walking stick i`ve seen.  Nice job on the color kids !!  :brows:

• Like 2

looks like a nice day, with some gold..... thanks for sharing...

• Like 2

Looks like a fun area Tom and glad you guys got out, sure you got those monster settings right?:4chsmu1: It should hear all those pieces you vacuumed up!:brows:

I popped this little guy yesterday and it was an easy to hear target under hematite gravel about an inch in bedrock. I'm in love with a monster!

1008171512b.jpg

• Like 3

I didnt detect before I vacuumed.  We were in the general area you said you were going......more north though.

Tom

1 hour ago, TomH said:

I didnt detect before I vacuumed.  We were in the general area you said you were going......more north though.

Tom

Well sounds like a good spot to placer and monster. Looks like you were 500' higher in elevation than I, surprised I didnt see you on the way out. Maybe next time!

• Like 1

That looks like a little gulch where I ran across a den that had two baby lions...I got the hell out before mom returned...Obviously some gold there but I didn't want to go into the lion's front yard...WTG! ... Cheers, Unc

• Haha 1

Nice gold, Tom.   And I love the hat.  Haha

• Haha 1

While I too love the hat I think the solo knee pad w/shorts is the bolder fashion statement.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/7/2017 at 9:41 PM, LukeJ said:

Ditto & I'm very thankful for having been allowed to tag along and hunt! *raises glass* Cheers! As for that hat, the shorts and knee pad... hey, if it works for you and it's comfortable, I say: GO FOR IT!! :thumbsupanim After all, we're not out there to make a fashion statement - we're out there to find gold!!! :4chsmu1:

Lisa

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Oregal1976 said:

Ditto & I'm very thankful for having been allowed to tag along and hunt! *raises glass* Cheers! As for that hat, the shorts and knee pad... hey, if it works for you and it's comfortable, I say: GO FOR IT!! :thumbsupanim After all, we're not out there to make a fashion statement - we're out there to find gold!!! :4chsmu1:

Lisa

Hey there is a reason our amigos south of the border wear sombrero's. :4chsmu1:

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1