Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

A monster sucking day

Recommended Posts

What! I didnt say the monster sucked??? :)
Headed out to the hills with dad today to meet up with a good friend that let us come into a area hes been getting a lot of small stuff out of.

So..........were tooling alone the freeway, cop on the side of the road with flashers on...no biggie...keep cruzing. 5 miles down the road, im getting lit up! What the heck!??? Pull over and he explains to me that I did not follow the "pull over" law. Guess if they are stopped on the side you have to slow down and pull over into the other lane. WTheck...there were cars in front/behind/and beside all just cruising along....Guess I had the only vehicle he could catch that stood out. Whatever...I just said yes sir, no sir....and got my warning.

To the gold fields!!!!
 Did some placering today :) dug a few spots out and sucked them up. Did some detecting with the 5000 and didnt get anything yellow..lots of other stuff though!

So the other guy is detecting where the wash crosses the road and bang...he gets two, one a sunbaker :) I took the monster over and beeped the single one in the pic.

He left the little guys there for me to suck up. Cleaned up the road/wash area with the vac. Bout 3/4 bucket.

Got some nice pieces out of it! The second bucket didnt fare as well. But, all in all it weighed out to .4 grams. Paid for the gas anyway :)
Great day out with Dad and friends.

We got a pic of a walking stick bug also.

Oh, also my feeble attempt at hand stacking :ROFL:

Tom H.

 

DSC03838.JPG

DSC03842.JPG

SAM_1738.JPG

SAM_1739.JPG

SAM_1741.JPG

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, Tom! That place looks familiar:200:.   You guys must have been in Greaterplaceritasandomingobasinville again! Nice going!

Dean

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dbado1 said:

Nice, Tom! That place looks familiar:200:.   You guys must have been in Greaterplaceritasandomingobasinville again! Nice going!

Dean

LOL...yah..that place! :)
Tom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's some nice gold Tom !!

Cool hat too.  :thumbsupanim

It sure is nice when your friend takes you to a spot and you find some gold.

I, too, have been very fortunate to have a few friends that have taken me to some good spots.  :brows:

Here's to friends !!  :oregonian_winesmiley:

Luke

Edited by LukeJ
one more comma
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right on! Good day indeed! 😃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LukeJ said:

That's some nice gold Tom !!

Cool hat too.  :thumbsupanim

It sure is nice when your friend takes you to a spot and you find some gold.

I, too, have been very fortunate to have a few friends that have taken me to some good spots.  :brows:

Here's to friends !!  :oregonian_winesmiley:

Luke

I second that!  Cheers!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TomH said:

What! I didnt say the monster sucked??? :)
Headed out to the hills with dad today to meet up with a good friend that let us come into a area hes been getting a lot of small stuff out of.

So..........were tooling alone the freeway, cop on the side of the road with flashers on...no biggie...keep cruzing. 5 miles down the road, im getting lit up! What the heck!??? Pull over and he explains to me that I did not follow the "pull over" law. Guess if they are stopped on the side you have to slow down and pull over into the other lane. WTheck...there were cars in front/behind/and beside all just cruising along....Guess I had the only vehicle he could catch that stood out. Whatever...I just said yes sir, no sir....and got my warning.

To the gold fields!!!!
 Did some placering today :) dug a few spots out and sucked them up. Did some detecting with the 5000 and didnt get anything yellow..lots of other stuff though!

So the other guy is detecting where the wash crosses the road and bang...he gets two, one a sunbaker :) I took the monster over and beeped the single one in the pic.

He left the little guys there for me to suck up. Cleaned up the road/wash area with the vac. Bout 3/4 bucket.

Got some nice pieces out of it! The second bucket didnt fare as well. But, all in all it weighed out to .4 grams. Paid for the gas anyway :)
Great day out with Dad and friends.

We got a pic of a walking stick bug also.

Oh, also my feeble attempt at hand stacking :ROFL:

Tom H.

 

DSC03838.JPG

DSC03842.JPG

SAM_1738.JPG

SAM_1739.JPG

SAM_1741.JPG

Aww man, you got cuzzed. "Why did you pull me over?, cuz..."

   Love getting the vac out. It's like a box of cracker jacks with the prize at the bottom. Nice pics!

  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats the coolest walking stick i`ve seen.  Nice job on the color kids !!  :brows:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like a nice day, with some gold..... thanks for sharing...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a fun area Tom and glad you guys got out, sure you got those monster settings right?:4chsmu1: It should hear all those pieces you vacuumed up!:brows:

I popped this little guy yesterday and it was an easy to hear target under hematite gravel about an inch in bedrock. I'm in love with a monster!

1008171512b.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt detect before I vacuumed.  We were in the general area you said you were going......more north though.

Tom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomH said:

I didnt detect before I vacuumed.  We were in the general area you said you were going......more north though.

Tom

 

Well sounds like a good spot to placer and monster. Looks like you were 500' higher in elevation than I, surprised I didnt see you on the way out. Maybe next time!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a little gulch where I ran across a den that had two baby lions...I got the hell out before mom returned...Obviously some gold there but I didn't want to go into the lion's front yard...WTG! ... Cheers, Unc

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice gold, Tom.   And I love the hat.  Haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I too love the hat I think the solo knee pad w/shorts is the bolder fashion statement.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2017 at 9:41 PM, LukeJ said:

I, too, have been very fortunate to have a few friends that have taken me to some good spots.  :brows:

Here's to friends !!  :oregonian_winesmiley:

Ditto & I'm very thankful for having been allowed to tag along and hunt! *raises glass* Cheers! As for that hat, the shorts and knee pad... hey, if it works for you and it's comfortable, I say: GO FOR IT!! :thumbsupanim After all, we're not out there to make a fashion statement - we're out there to find gold!!! :4chsmu1:

Lisa

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oregal1976 said:

Ditto & I'm very thankful for having been allowed to tag along and hunt! *raises glass* Cheers! As for that hat, the shorts and knee pad... hey, if it works for you and it's comfortable, I say: GO FOR IT!! :thumbsupanim After all, we're not out there to make a fashion statement - we're out there to find gold!!! :4chsmu1:

Lisa

Hey there is a reason our amigos south of the border wear sombrero's. :4chsmu1:

AzNuggetBob

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×