Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  

My boy got his deer today.

Hey Dan,  Been pretty busy over this way.  Replaced all the windows in the home this summer, which intailed all new trim inside -n- out and then momma wanted new shades and blinds, soooo new shades & blinds are up too (gotta keep momma happy right!!! :D)  I 'did' have a buck tag for area 6 this year but had to give it back due to needing surgery on my shoulder.  I had a complete tear in my rotorcuff and other issues in there as well.  Surgery was 10/26, so I'm recovery mode now...  PT starts in Dec., so I'm off work for a while. It's a good thing that the freezer is still stocked up from last years buck, elk & pig...

Nugget hunting has been awesome!!  That's how I tore-up my shoulder... digging up all those deep nuggies the Zed has been finding!!!  (JOKE)!!  I haven't been able to get out as much as I would of liked.  My picking arm has been jacked up for a while, so the only au found lately has been tied up in a few little rocks that beeped but I never did anything with.  Now that I have down time, I checked em out and got a couple little nice species..  I'll post a pic, but being down one arm sucks.  All the little things are hard to do now.  How bout you?  Still work-in the claim?

Glad to hear your daughter was able to connect on a doe, 308 yrds is a good poke...She'll be ready for the big buck next year.  Good to hear from you too.. Take care bud...

• Like 2

Well congratulations on the new blinds and windows ha. I here ya, have to keep the wifes happy. That sucks about your shoulder. 5 years ago i shattered my collar bone and dislocated my right shoulder. Still gives me issues after a long day of swinging the 5000. Hopefully the surgery goes well for ya. I made it down your direction only 1 time this year. Got the big skunk but it was fun. Ill make it down more next season, since i got a new work load. Got out of the mining for a while so i have straight weekends off now. A lot better schedule for the family and all the hunting, prospecting and sports we enjoy. Keep in touch bud, good to hear from ya again. You can pm me anytime on here. Im always on, just not as much during hunting season haha. Take care.