Nugget Shooter Forums
marcus062830

Hello everybody...i am glad to be here...

I hope you can all help a little,because i dont know nothing about blacksand...all sites about black sand is about the US and Canada...

I live in south america and we have black sand called 'klinkzand'...

It is a heavy kind of sand and muddy when walked upon...it is a very small kind of grain,so when it rains it wil become harder and harder so you can build upon it...

As you will know,Surinam has a bucket load of gold in the ground about a 100-200 meters deep...

Can this type of sand,is a little shiny,contain gold?

I cant find a goldpan here...we can buy this sand for about 100 us dollar about 10 m3 or 10kuub like we call it...shall it be worth it ?

Hope to hear from you, 

Marcus

Edited by marcus062830
spelling error

31 minutes ago, marcus062830 said:

I hope you can all help a little,because i dont know nothing about blacksand...all sites about black sand is about the US and Canada...

I live in south america and we have black sand called 'klinksand'...

It is a heavy kind of sand and muddy when walked upon...it is a very small kind of grain,so when it rains it wil become harder and harder so you can buil upon it...

As you will know,Surinam has a bucket load of gold in the ground about a 100-200 meters deep...

Can this rype of sand,is a little shiny,contain gold?

I cant find a goldpan here...we can buy this sand for about 100 us dollar about 10 m3 or 10kuub like we call it...shal it be worth it ?

Hope to hear from you, 

Marcus

I hope you find the answer you are looking for. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum so someone might be able to help you out. Welcome aboard. 

Welcome to the forums and post your question in the "Gold Prospecting" section for faster answers.

• Like 1

Welcome from White Plains, New York. Working with black sand (BS) in Arizona, I can tell you it is hit and miss. I have run BS through sluices and dry washers, and sometimes there is flour gold - most times there is not. We have a wash near Congress, AZ, that has almost 30-feet of BS overburden. The Highway Department went in there and scooped out about 10-large dump trucks full of BS after a flood in 2009(?), and we went in behind them to see what was there - Nothing.

The trick is to get LOCAL info on your area. If folks are netting gold from BS then all is good. If nobody is, too bad. Don't invest in equipment until you do your research! - Good Luck!

• Like 2