Nugget Shooter Forums
bsumbdy

Finally joined the 1oz+ club

We'll i finally got to join the 1oz+ club!!

My buddy Dave and i headed to Gold Basin for a half day trip.  We hit our usualy spot and split up. I headed to a wash that i found a 5.4 gram piece a couple of weeks ago. I didnt hit the whole wash, so i figured id start where i left off. A bit later, i get a nice signal by a bush in the middle of the wash. It turned out to an 8 gram specie with some dark host rock mixed in. 10 feet away in the bank of the wash i get another screeming signal. This was the flat nugget, also about 8 g. I radioed Dave to tell him the good news. The next couple of hours there was nothing except a couple of meteors.  I decided to hit the bottom end of that same wash on my way back to the truck. After a bit i get a nice signal in the wash, it was the .8g flat piece. The wash had widened out, and the bedrock was deeper, so i wasnt detecting to slow wgen i got a slight sound. I thought it was just ground noise because i was running the GPZ hot at 18 sensitivity and high yield and normal ground.  I did a scrape and the sound was still there. I took about 6 inches off with the pick and the sound seemed more distinct. I fugured it wasnt mineralization but rather trash because the dirt was silt, not hard pack. I kep widening and deepening the hole and when i got to over a foot it was screeming. I was figuring tin can ir something. After about 6 more digs and around 2ft deep. I get it out of the hold. I did reach bedrock so i was feeling hopeful. It turned out to be a 1.41 (OZ) nugget and a pretty one at that, with a bit of quartz. I finally joined the club. I feel like i deserve a patch or something lol. I radioed Dave to tell him the good news, and he was eccited for me. (He was already a member pf the club) a bit under 2 oz for the day. 20171002_122752.jpg20171002_122825.jpg20171002_122858.jpg20171002_122923.jpg

Great trip, thanks Dave! Now i can say the GPZ officially paid for itself.

Chris 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Wow !!  :ROFL:

I believe that's what everyone who uses a metal detector to find gold is hoping for....   :yesss:

Congratulations !!  

Luke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WOW ,  WOW . gives me more reason to keep hunting GB , will be out there the weekend of the 13th-15th
  • dark gray chevy avalanche and a red tent . On GPAA claim.
  • Thanks 1

Wow! Awesome nuggets. 

• Thanks 1

Super-awesome! Congrats, man! :thumbsupanim

• Thanks 1

Ooh la la!!!  What a wonderful thrill it was for you.  Thanks for making my day...

• Thanks 1

Awesome, very nice looking gold and to be as big as they are is the cherry on the top, I guess now that you're in the 1 ounce club you're going to "be sum body"!! :thumbsupanim

• Thanks 1

Very nice Chris !!! The gold gods are upon you !!!! Keep em coming.

Dave

• Thanks 1

Man that's a great way to join the 1 oz club.  Don't rest on your laurels though, get right back there and beep that place dry.  There has got to be more where that came from. 

Old Tom

• Thanks 1

Kudos man and that is some fine gold hunting and finding! Welcome to the club!

• Thanks 1

Fantastic finds. Congrats. 

• Thanks 1

Outstanding!  Beautiful gold and that wash has all the earmarks of longer term production...Low & slow and every angle...Welcome to the club... I don't know if Mike K. is still handing out the Oz'er Club certificates buy you might contact him on here... Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Holy Smokes B! Well done! Congrats! 😀

• Thanks 1

Well Done ... That is a beautiful piece! Lots of character!

• Thanks 1

As hard as you hunt Bill, you deserve a great find.......congrats.

• Thanks 1

Crazy hunt . 

Great skill and luck

• Thanks 1

That gold is DANG NICE!!  By the way, the only way you stay in the club is if you keep the gold ... otherwise you start all over.  Sorry about that ... :inocent:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2