Nugget Shooter Forums
Oregal1976

GB Pro Scores Again! :)

After spending all day Wednesday and getting skunked, I decided to get out again today (Sunday) with a good friend into a different area - one I'd never been in. My .51 gram find:

275.jpg

I figure I must be doing something right! :yesss:

Below is a pic of my (same as above) nugget next to the very nice 4.8 Gram chunk, found in the same general (and very remote) area by "the other guy :200:", right after we got in there.  In case he reads this: Seriously dude! That had to be more than a 1/2 mile in!!! :ROFL:

But hell, I ain't complaining. His find was more than enough motivation to get me beepin' -  just as soon as I finished scarfing down a light lunch...

272.jpg

Overall it was a pretty awesome day, I'd say! I'll take quality (and nugget size/weight) over quantity any day & especially on a Sunday! Now, will someone please point me in the direction of a really good masseuse? Tiny me + a hydration backpack with gear & snacks + wrestling with cat claw + climbing over huge rocks & boulders in a creek bed + a steep hillside getting into and out of it = one very tired, stiff and sore gal!!! Still, the gold made it all worthwhile and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! :thumbsupanim

Lisa

Edited by Oregal1976
  • Like 15

Yeah, they are getting little farther back in than they used to be but if you want them you got to go where they are .  Took a while but they will come a little easier after each one.  I told you that the GB Pro would get you some nuggies.  I'm still using mine but we got a Monster and I'm starting to learn on it.  Keep it up Gal.  :thumbsupanim

Old Tom

• Like 2

Nice find Lisa.

I agree Old Tom.
Any day ya come home with gold is a great day out hunting. and when you dont come home with gold, its still better than a day at work.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 5

very nice nugget.

Both nuggets are very nice ....   Well done ! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Wow what a great day in the field and nice gold, thanks for sharing the trip!

• Like 1

Yes! :thcongratsflwrs:

Thats a really nice score.

WTG.

Sore you say? Look at it as part of your work out schedule :)
Seriously....have a protein drink before you go out and as you know, drink LOTS of water.

It will help your muscles recoup faster.

Tom H.

• Like 2

Nice gold Lisa !!  :thumbsupanim

I don't know why they say climbing over boulders builds character.. What it does is builds abrasions.. I don't see the connection..?

What I do see though is a sweetie of a nugglet.. WTG, Lisa..! :yesss:

Swamp

26 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I don't know why they say climbing over boulders builds character.. What it does is builds abrasions..

And foot corns.

Nice nugget.

• Like 1

WTG Lisa ... Sorry for the skunk the other day ... You were doing everything right! Glad you went out again and found one. It sure builds the confidence for the next time. I'm still looking for a way to get back into the area I was talking about. When I do I will ask you to come over again to make up for that smelly critter that followed you all day! LOL!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Old Tom said:

I told you that the GB Pro would get you some nuggies.  I'm still using mine but we got a Monster and I'm starting to learn on it.  Keep it up Gal.  :thumbsupanim

Indeed you did and it truly does get easier to find gold, once you learn the language of a specific detector. Last week I saw a monster in action out in the field. Nice detectors! I'm still not convinced the Monster is necessarily better than the GBP. Both can find tiny, old lead dove shot just as easily. I don't know if there's a difference in actual target depth sensing capability or not. I do like the lack of a constant threshold tone on the monster & it seems like a very easy machine to learn. Have fun with that!

Lisa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

WTG Lisa ... Sorry for the skunk the other day ... You were doing everything right! Glad you went out again and found one.

No need to apologize, Mike! Any day I get out with my detector is a good day, whether I find gold or not. I enjoy checking out areas I've never been to, especially ones where gold has been found, after monsoon season, etc. It's all good!:thumbsupanim  Now my son wants to know when it's going to be my turn to be the one to find the bigger nugget. Ha! Like I told him, my turn will come eventually... it's all a matter of getting your coil over a nugget! Even though you gave me my choice of areas to detect, I deliberately chose not to detect the wash out of respect and gratitude for letting me tag along cuz that's just the way I roll. I'm glad you got a nice little nugget out of it! :D I know I can find gold with my machine now - even in hot ground and in areas that will give false signals to some of the other VLF detectors. Maybe next time I will take the "gravy spot" and have you follow me through with your GM1000 just to see if I missed any gold. I'd be very interested in doing more comparison tests between these two machines just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Lisa

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TomH said:

Sore you say? Look at it as part of your work out schedule :)
Seriously....have a protein drink before you go out and as you know, drink LOTS of water.

It will help your muscles recoup faster.

Yeah, for sure! I can't pack much weight, and I really struggled with only 1.5L + an 8oz bottle of water (drank all of it by the end of the hike back out - much lighter and easier), high protein snacks and minimal gear. But dammit, I didn't even think of the protein drink and my son has a huge jar of Carnivore sitting on my kitchen counter! So hey, thanks for reminding me about that for next time...

• Like 1

You know another thing I do Lisa is to pack in a couple of Tylenol combined with a low pain pill that the Dr. prescribed for me.  It's great for the trip out after you have spent yourself and start thinking of your aches and pains instead of the gold rush.  These eighty+ year old joints do need some help at times.  :olddude:

Old Tom:old:

• Like 3

WTG Lisa!  sweet nuggie!:oregonian_winesmiley:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Old Tom said:

ou know another thing I do Lisa is to pack in a couple of Tylenol combined with a low pain pill that the Dr. prescribed for me.  It's great for the trip out after you have spent yourself and start thinking of your aches and pains instead of the gold rush.  These eighty+ year old joints do need some help at times.  :olddude:

I'm truly in awe of how you hold up doing this stuff at 80+, Tom. You and the other members in this group who are many years older than me are an inspiration! I don't take any prescription pain meds at all for the arthritis in my spine (neck and back) anymore. However, I did stop early on in the hike when I started hurting, to wash down a couple of ibuprofen and a turmeric capsule, and that helped. Today I'm feeling it mostly in my hips, butt & thighs, plus very "tight" shoulders but I haven't taken anything. It ain't that bad. I just stretch a bit and try to move around often and that seems to help keep things from stiffening up. What doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger! :4chsmu1:

"CMA" Note: Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naproxen and a few others are NSAID's (Non-Steroidal, Anti-Inflammatory Drugs), which don't always play nice with certain other prescription and OTC drugs. Always read and follow warnings and check with a licensed pharmacist before experimenting with pain relievers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I don't know why they say climbing over boulders builds character.. What it does is builds abrasions.. I don't see the connection..?

What I do see though is a sweetie of a nugglet.. WTG, Lisa..! :yesss:

Thanks, Al! No abrasions here, luckily. Just a sore kneecap from coming in on a hard landing after a minor slip, plus a few cats claw puncture wounds on my arms and legs.

Thank you all for taking time to view and post! :)

Lisa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oregal1976 said:

Yeah, for sure! I can't pack much weight, and I really struggled with only 1.5L + an 8oz bottle of water (drank all of it by the end of the hike back out - much lighter and easier), high protein snacks and minimal gear. But dammit, I didn't even think of the protein drink and my son has a huge jar of Carnivore sitting on my kitchen counter! So hey, thanks for reminding me about that for next time...

One other thing..I buy frozen berries and mango to throw in it along with banana. Put it in the blender and its yummy! :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Tom said:

You know another thing I do Lisa is to pack in a couple of Tylenol combined with a low pain pill that the Dr. prescribed for me.  It's great for the trip out after you have spent yourself and start thinking of your aches and pains instead of the gold rush.  These eighty+ year old joints do need some help at times.  :olddude:

Hey Old Tom,

it's nice to see someone of your age ( 80 + ??) still getting around in the rough areas with a detector!!  I am now 70, and really starting  to feel the aches and pains in my joints as well.  My wife says that I need to get at least 30-minutes of exercise each day (cardio) to stay healthy,---"shoot', I can just hike up a rough-cobble and boulder-strewn wash and get that much beneficial cardio in a 1/4 to 1/2 mile stretch, with the remainder of the day detecting and prospecting which is maintaining and also strengthening my muscles and joints for the next outing.  So, like you, my "get up and go hasn't got up and gone yet; and as the saying goes, "that which is "not-used", withers away".  So I intend to use it  (muscles, joints, etc.) as long, and as regularly as I possibly can as obviously you have been doing.  And I also carry Excedrin and Tylenol in my back pack (always); along  with a protein drink, small bottle of water, and 3-4 protein bars,---you never know what might detain you on you way back to the pick up after the long day detecting:idunno:  Those where Good Gold finds you both got.  That 4.8 Gram nugget must have a similar brother???  At least that would be my thinking.  Gary   

• Like 4

Just for the record I always have a couple aspirin for the possibility of a heart attack ... not for me as it won't happen to me! ... but for someone who might be along with me!:old: I also carry a couple Benedryl tabs in case of stings from plant or bug that might cause a reaction. I have a couple of Motrin for the pain ... I haven't and won't use Tylenol since the big scare with that stuff years ago. And pulling up the rear I have a couple Sudefed Tablets for decongestants ... reaction to pollen(some of it will make my eyes water and nose run in minutes). Check .. a couple protein bars and bag of mixed nuts. Usually wear a Camelback for my water with a few extra bottles in the RZR in case I use the 64 ounces in my Camelback.

• Like 3

Yes, Mike, I took along a Benedryl, also. 3 x Ibuprofen 200mg = 1 Motrin 600 and I usually have 4 of them on hand. I don't bother with Sudafed because I don't usually get "congested" unless I've got a cold and then I'd probably feel too crappy to be out there anyway. lol  Benedryl is sufficient for most allergic reactions to everything from bee stings to pollen (as in itchy, watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing fits, etc.) and anything minor in between. Of course, the exception would be for someone with an extreme bee or wasp sting allergy. Those folks should never be without an Ana-Kit or EpiPen, to keep them from going into anaphylactic shock if they get stung. It's also worth mentioning that I saw lots and LOTS of wasps and bees on my hike, swarming around the small puddles that still haven't dried out, as well as a hive that was at the edge of the creek bed. They are out there in force where mud and water are available - it's best to just keep moving and try to avoid pissing them off by getting too close. :Just_Cuz_06:

• Like 1