Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

Here's a shot out to Bill Southern for the training on our GM1000 today.Becky and I would like to say thank you for our training today it was great,we didn't find a nugget but we did learn how to use the GM1000 properly.  

                                                  Thank you Becky and Ed

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to you two. Just keep going out and having fun with the monster and the desert :)

Tom H.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill,

I know it has been a while but someone is shooting at you again!  :thumbsupanim

I think Becky and Ed meant to say Shout Out ... but if you hear something loud I'd be ducking.

Mitchel

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill is a great source of info and a great place to get you detector needs , I got my GM1000 from him too.

Happy hunting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ed and Becky and Ed and glad to help was a blast.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2017 at 2:57 PM, Dominator Ed said:

Here's a shot out to Bill Southern for the training on our GM1000 today.Becky and I would like to say thank you for our training today it was great,we didn't find a nugget but we did learn how to use the GM1000 properly.  

                                                  Thank you Becky and Ed

As a great old movie once said, “If you build it they will they will come!!”

Well Minelab have built it so the gold will soon come!!  If you run it on auto you’ve just gotta trust the machine to what it’s telling you as it’s a great little machine.

I would suggest checking out the Minelab website and checkout treasure talk as they have some great information on the gold monster and read it over a few times before and after using the machine to help you fully understand all the functions of it.

Most of all have fun and enjoy the great outdoors with your machine!!

And good luck the gold will come!.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep and remember to run in "all metal" in areas that the soil will allow it as there is better depth, check targets with "discriminate" and haul in the nuggets. Also it takes the GM 1000 longer to ground balance and settle down after being lifted off the ground than it does in "shallow" so give it 10 seconds or so to get a feel of the ground again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

Yep and remember to run in "all metal" in areas that the soil will allow it as there is better depth, check targets with "discriminate" and haul in the nuggets. Also it takes the GM 1000 longer to ground balance and settle down after being lifted off the ground than it does in "shallow" so give it 10 seconds or so to get a feel of the ground again.

Any idea how much depth is lost when in discrimination mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Any idea how much depth is lost when in discrimination mode?

Depends a lot on the mineralization of the soil ... as always "it depends"! Sorry I can't be more specific but as with old or new technology everything changes with the degree of mineral content in the soil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep it is like Mike said, as with most detectors ya just need to try a few settings to find out what the "ground" will allow. I have been in spots where using "deep" was near impossible due to all the noise and then other areas it is no issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×