Nugget Shooter Forums
adam

Cañón del Tesoro

Did you have to google the title ?  I sure did  :rolleyes:

I little while ago , I met up with boulder dash, did a bunch of placering, and worst of all, vacuuming :grr01:  Boulderdash arrived early and already had placered about 60 feet of creek bottom :confused0089[1]:.   Anyway we continued to work the Canyon of Treasure for the next couple days resulting in many nice findings of gold. Very, very hard work , but as you can see , the results and accomplishment can be rewarding.  I think it was like 22 grams in nugget pieces, and 10 grams in fines from drywashing. Maybe boulderdash  can correct me if i`m mistaken on the numbers.... 

Heres some pictures ! :yesss:

Below: Boulderdash vacuuming a large stretch of  bedrock....

MVI_0476_Moment.jpg

Below: Some gold from the drywasher tray.....

IMG_0484.JPG

Below:  Bunch of nuggets resulting from the effort......

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Great share , thanks . Love the night picture.

• Like 1

Nice to see hard work pay off. Kudos.

Thamks much for the tag  a long-John

Very nice.

Same ol' same ol' most excellentmundo..! :yesss:

Swamp

very nice, hard work sure paid off for you guys!   :thumbsupanim

Right on! You guys got some bigger gold this time :yesss:

Great pics!
Tom H.

Always love hearing your adventures and much respect says I as you guys kick serious gold  butt.... Pretty stuff and keep sharing.

I can see my self in the picture working the vaccum.. Some serious hard work to vacuum efficiently for 7 hours strait. Lucky we were making wages and then some. Great trip Adam

• Like 4

Man, I hope you guys have a place to keep the beer cold !!!!  Love the chunky pieces, keep em coming guys !!!

Dave

• Like 1

Wow! A lot of hard work paying off. 

• Like 1

What more needs to be said ?  :ROFL:

You guys are awesome and it's a real lesson for those who want to find gold.  As well as the amount of work required if you want to find significant gold.

I guess I'm quite content with a gram here or there with the detector.  :4chsmu1:

Nice job, that's a lot of hard work there.  Congrats !!   :yesss:

Luke

I work for gold!  haha  I'll go with you next time and shovel, sweep and vacuum!

Great stuff.

Mitchel 

On 9/25/2017 at 8:58 AM, adam said:

Did you have to google the title ?  I sure did  :rolleyes: <snip>

Adam -- I have to ask, since odds are it won't appear in the coming ICMJ article, so am hoping you'll share the info here on the forum:

Is this a new-to-you-guys location or a stretch y'all have worked before..?

If the latter, was the re-working choice based on factors other than monsoonal conditions alone i.e. angle of bedrock traps, visible stringers etc., etc..?

Thanks,

Swamp

Good things come to those who research, explore, and work..... Love looking at the gold guys and thanks! :pop: Just consider what they have not shared with us :ROFL:

On 9/29/2017 at 7:00 AM, Swampstomper Al said:

Adam -- I have to ask, since odds are it won't appear in the coming ICMJ article, so am hoping you'll share the info here on the forum:

Is this a new-to-you-guys location or a stretch y'all have worked before..?

If the latter, was the re-working choice based on factors other than monsoonal conditions alone i.e. angle of bedrock traps, visible stringers etc., etc..?

Thanks,

Swamp

It's just a old patch that wasn't ever drywashed by us. Extensive old timer evidence and workings were found. Imagine what virgin ground was giving up back in the day.. And Bill was right we don't always show everything. I found 3 small pieces one time and never posted.

• Haha 5

Sooooooo you saying you post everything you find all the time except 3 :ROFL: Or is it you simply can't resist being a smart alec?  I only take time to post nuggets when using a new beeper or if I actually remember to take a photo before they are sold unless the nugget is very unique and those I share more than once sometimes. :arrowheadsmiley:  I have learned the hard way what showing off too much can result in as some nugget hunters are worse than fishermen when someone finds your spot. I fill a jar and sell it as soon as I get to an ounce or better as a rule and have done that for years now.

I enjoy teaching and educating more than showing off my gold I guess....

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

...I fill a jar and sell it as soon as I get to an ounce or better as a rule and have done that for years now...

Yeah, me too -- not..!

When I add together all the trips made to eastern gold producing areas while discounting everything found at Pay-to-Play spots I've not yet gotten to an oz, and am not particularly close either.. A really successful trip (without the aid of any powered equipment) has been topping a gram..

I guess what I'm trying to say is more along the lines of a reminder to y'all on this forum in the western states, especially since the majority of what's discussed here has to do with detecting: Regardless how bad a day in the field you may have had, and regardless for how many days / weeks / months / years in a row, most of you can go home and with an equipment change head back out and start filling your poke with fines and larger.. That's a wonderful opportunity and plan to have as a back-up, one that shouldn't be forgotten about nor taken lightly.. Simply re-look at the above photos for confirmation..

Swamp

Dang.  You guys was on it.  :ROFL: