Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bill Southern

Groucho Nugget

This Nugget was found on Woods Creek. 8/16 It was 17.76 troy oz. it is called the "Groucho's Nugget, Jamestown, CA     

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hell, I'd be good with a 1/2 !   LOL

Wow. That's nice.

Ah yes Bill, you have had some customer pictures sent to you.  If they are a couple of years old it is about time to share more of them.  :ROFL:

Nice chunk! ... What's the detail, detector, coil, depth etc. and so forth? Cheers, Unc

Don't know anything about it Ron, it was on Facebook and thought it worth sharing here.... No Mitchel not sent to me by a customer and I have no idea who actually found it or I would have added more info about it. 

WOW :th: drop dead gorgeous-John

Story is the fella found it on Woods Creek near a pay to mine operation / camp outfit where he was employed  . He was sniping the creek and found a large crack in which he found this nugget. It was recently sold to Ironstone Winery in Murphys , California for an undisclosed amount. No pictures of the find were taken at site at time of discovery....

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/localnews/4645434-151/modesto-man-finds-chunk-of-gold-in-woods?referrer=carousel1

Edited by Relichunter2016
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Story is the fella found it on Woods Creek near a pay to mine operation / camp outfit where he was employed  . He was sniping the creek and found a large crack in which he found this nugget. It was recently sold to Ironstone Winery in Murphys , California for an undisclosed amount. No pictures of the find were taken at site at time of discovery....

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/localnews/4645434-151/modesto-man-finds-chunk-of-gold-in-woods?referrer=carousel1

That pay to mine/camp outfit in Jamestown is probably just trying to drum up business....here's a supposed discovery from last year... https://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/272626/jamestown-abuzz-over-sizable-gold-nugget-find.html

It's possible it's a good find, but I wouldn't bet money on it. The area is really interesting because there was a lava flow in an ancient river...that flow now sits at the top of the hill and woods creek runs through the base of the hill on the S.E. side....It's all private land. It's about 2 miles from where I live.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Relichunter2016 said:

I saw vid of this on YT about the time of the find.. Was shot by a prospecting store owner.. Came across it by accident actually.. Can't even remember exactly what I was researching at the time.. Oh, yeah -- had to do with in-stream gold around Burney or Dunsmir or somewhere in that vicinity cos a friend in CO's sister used to post photos of herself and a couple other gals out 'prospecting' for the day, and they always had these most magnificent lunch spreads of wines and cheeses n other food delights, lol -- and at the end of the day gold too.. :)

Swamp

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I saw vid of this on YT about the time of the find.. Was shot by a prospecting store owner.. Came across it by accident actually.. Can't even remember exactly what I was researching at the time.. Oh, yeah -- had to do with in-stream gold around Burney or Dunsmir or somewhere in that vicinity cos a friend in CO's sister used to post photos of herself and a couple other gals out 'prospecting' for the day, and they always had these most magnificent lunch spreads of wines and cheeses n other food delights, lol -- and at the end of the day gold too.. :)

Swamp

Yeap, Randy's sisters and their friends are true Gold Diggers and cute ones to boot!! :brows:

• Like 2