Nugget Shooter Forums

Yes you can and will get it taken care of, there will likely be one to check out at the outing Sheldon.

• Like 1

Being the new guy here I may have a silly question. I have read the specs but will still ask, the Equinox will search at all of its freq's at once or you can just set it for any of the freq's listed and search at that specific one? I wonder if it does scan, or operate in all freq's if there is a depth loss as it seems that a decent single freq. detector may give you more depth. I have a couple detectors at different freq's but, I guess with a detector like the Equinox, no others would be needed?? That sure would make my wife happy.

Signed Confused, err actually Cooper.

Also, do you guys think the Equinox 800 is going to be a good solid gold  machine for you all?

According to minelabs' early info release the Equinox was conceived to be a coin and treasure detector, but the 800 does have 20kHz and 40 kHz options that may work well for gold detecting, time will tell.

Both the 600 and 800 will be able to operate either in single frequency or multi frequencies (all frequencies at the same time).

You can read Minelab first release at this link.

https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1

Here's what is known  for specs at this time.

1200x900-EQUINOX-announcement-FB.png

Representing our most significant coin & treasure introduction since the launch of the CTX 3030 in 2012, Minelab is pleased to announce the pending release of our new EQUINOX Series Metal Detectors.

The EQUINOX Series is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions… just select your detecting location and go!

319463.png

The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It’s also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations.  The EQUINOX Series features Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.

319464.png 
3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)
4 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, Multi)
Wired Headphones Supplied  

319465.png       
4 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach, Gold)        
6 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz, Multi)
Bluetooth Headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module Supplied

“EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obsolete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthusiasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd.

Expected retail prices are:

EQUINOX 600    USD 649
EQUINOX 800    USD 899

Other regions will have relative pricing, taking into account variables such as foreign currency exchange rates and government sales taxes.

Further product details and product availability will be announced in the coming weeks, on minelab.com and the Minelab Facebook page.

Thanks AU Seeker,  your one statement says it all,  Time will Tell

That is to be updated Skip in a week or so it is now multi freq same as other modes or single.

It will be interesting to see some side by sides of the Equinox and the Monster as far as gold goes.

Gold Monsters 24 bit processor will handle the soil better in my opinion.... The thing gets in my hands I'll let ya know how it handles the LSD hot soil. but the 800 is geared to be a coin/relic bad ass and will hear small chains and stuff on the beach like nothing yet. Just my 2 cents.... I could be very wrong and was when I first tried my GM 1000, never had a detector like it in my hands and took some time and learning. Now I am still amazed at it abilities. Love that little VLF. Couldn't believe it could not only out do my GB2, but killed it for me. The Equinox is gonna make allot of really good beepers "boat anchors" like the GM did... Me I don't care much and just use what works the best and with today's technology the best is yet to come.

I may be wrong, but my opinion is to own a coin machine for coins?relics and a gold machine for gold.... Wanna do both, buy two detectors after your normal research, but Minelab has our backs :old:

• Like 3

If money is no object the a GPZ, Gold Monster and the up and coming Equinox 800...

But money is often a problem, so, for those that do a little of this and a little of that the Equinox 800 is looking like the one to have...

to each his own.

fred

• Like 1

I am one of the few lucky ones to have received mine so far, played with it a bit yesterday and very impressed well built in my opinion and lightweight, large crisp accurate target ID, will be trying to share videos and pictures as well as opinions on it as I progress. 

• Like 1