Nugget Shooter Forums
Bill Southern

Tammy and The GM 1000

Bill Southern    1,093

So I takes my girlfriend out to teach her to metal detect for gold nuggets and set her up with the GM 1000 and gave her some quick training.... We hunted a few hours near Lynx Creek, AZ and I was skunked by the time the heat and bugs ran us off. Tammy on the other hand scored her very first gold nugget....

tammyfirst.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Old Tom    342

Yeaa Tammy, that's showing the old boy a thing or two.  I've got to find my first one with the Monster but Tom found one and promptly lost it in camp.  I wonder if that counts?  

Old Tom

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

SanDomingoJim    218
13 minutes ago, Old Tom said:

I wonder if that counts?

Tom...only if you are doing the "catch and release" on nuggets.  :4chsmu1:

23 minutes ago, Bill Southern said:

Tammy on the other hand scored her very first gold nugget....

Way to go Tammy!....now you can start teaching the rest of us on how to use the Goldmonster.    :yesss:

• Like 2

GDM/PV    256

Darn Bill,...  How come you didn't give me a holler while you where up around the Lynx????  I could have taken you to a couple of spots to elude the skunk, and really give that new monster-thangee a run for it's money.  Oh, that's right you "flat-landers" don't take to sharing spots,......OOOOOOKKKKKKK:4chsmu1: 

• Haha 1

Bill Southern    1,093

Still here Gary and gonna hunt tomorrow and go home, Was doing a training thing with the other half this weekend. I share spots.......

• Like 1

GDM/PV    256

"REALLY"???,...  I seem recall you saying: "stay out of my spots!!" :2mo5pow:  when I bought my detector from you a few months ago :idunno:

• Haha 1

Bill Southern    1,093

Yep and Dang it ya better..... :ROFL:

GDM/PV    256

Now see how you are??,... "CONTANKEROUS",   I was going to invite you out to one of my spots while you are up here tomorrow.  But guess you already have plans,...Sounds good to me  :brows:

• Haha 1

TomH    1,005

Nice going Tammy :)
Glad you were able to get a nug :yesss:

Tom H.

• Like 1

Hoser John    1,041

The fever begins :thumbsupanim

• Like 2

Bill Southern    1,093
10 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

Now see how you are??,... "CONTANKEROUS",   I was going to invite you out to one of my spots while you are up here tomorrow.  But guess you already have plans,...Sounds good to me  :brows:

Perhaps next trip Gary and thanks, we are having a mini vacation this trip and plan to hit a couple spots on the way home today. Ya can always come down the hill as well after it cools down some.

GDM/PV    256
3 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Perhaps next trip Gary and thanks, we are having a mini vacation this trip and plan to hit a couple spots on the way home today. Ya can always come down the hill as well after it cools down some.

Probably just as well we didn't meet up.  I was going to go out either way ...but, when I woke up at 6am it didn't feel even slightly cool, so I just slept in.  By 8am it was 80 out with humidity sitting at about 40% (too uncomfortable for me to fight the sweat in my eyes and the biting bugs swarming in and out of my nose).  I would say that I hope that you and Tammy find those spots on your way back down the hill to be cool (temp-wise) and comfortable to detect, But I know this time of year that hopefulness is completely without reason or reality; especially if you are going back down thru Skull Valley. 

Yes, I do plan to come down that way a few times when it cools off this fall.  When the ground is frozen (with or without snow) up here, I usually head for the lower areas 

• Like 1

Bill Southern    1,093

We stopped once and hunted about an hour before giving it up with a nose full of gnats and sweating.... :barnie:

Bill Southern    1,093

Wow, chiggers tore us up in the Prescott area....

• Irritated 1

fishing8046    114

If you spray Deep Woods off just above your boots, along you waist line and at your shirt sleeves they usually they won't get to your skin

• Like 3

Mike Furness    540
On 8/11/2017 at 4:43 PM, Old Tom said:

Yeaa Tammy, that's showing the old boy a thing or two.  I've got to find my first one with the Monster but Tom found one and promptly lost it in camp.  I wonder if that counts?  

Old Tom

Sorry Old Tom ... You have to be able to show it to us to count! The location where it was lost is where? GPS coordinates please!!! :brows:

• Haha 2