Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nugget108

2 coins and some cool stuff

nugget108    507

Hi all,

The boys and a friend of mine headed out to do a night hunt last night. No gold AGAIN but we did find a sweet coin and relic spot I've been researching. Cameron my oldest found the first coin of the night and his first coin for some time now. It's a 1867 Shield Nickel in pretty good shape. Then I ended up finding the 1876 Seated Quarter and a Chinese coin. The quarter is in really good shape but the pics don't show it real well. We also found some awesome buttons. My little guy found the big button with the hog on it. He started laughing histericly when he seen what it was. Apparently 8 year olds find a pig on a button funny lol. Other than that, I found my first skeleton key and first intact pocket watch frame. It still opens too. And a realy cool gold gilded feather or leaf that i hit with my pick and broke. My buddy found a really cool mini hammer and what looks to be a mini flathead screwdriver. And several buttons. It was a long but fun night. Take care everyone. 

Dan

20170806_183225.jpg

20170806_183514.jpg

20170806_183613.jpg

20170806_184240.jpg

20170806_100348.jpg

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 8

LukeJ    485

Dang...

I got a couple nuggies...   Wanna trade?   :4chsmu1:

Awesome finds as usual Dan and Co.

:thumbsupanim  

Luke 

• Thanks 1

nugget108    507

Thanks Luke, I've had such a long skunk streak on gold it's crazy. I was happy after this hunt. The kids had a blast.

• Like 1

SanDomingoJim    210
1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

pig on a button

Awesome finds. That porkie button may be good for a bacon sandwich over in "sand land"   :D

• Like 1

Hoser John    1,041

A pig in your sons poke is cool-John

• Like 1

Bill Southern    1,089

I love that hog button and the other finds are pretty amazing as well, thanks for sharing. :yesss:

• Like 1

Terry Soloman    243

Love the seated Silver and the "Running Boar" hunting button (1880-1900). Congratulations! :thumbsupanim

nugget108    507
13 minutes ago, Terry Soloman said:

Love the seated Silver and the "Running Boar" hunting button (1880-1900). Congratulations! :thumbsupanim

Thanks Terry. I've been doing a little research on it but couldn't really find a match online.

• Like 1

Morlock    133

Congrats on the finds. Nice ones at that. I was finding all kinds of coins and relics when I was in that area years ago. Keep hunting. Maybe you'll find your first gold coin or perhaps even a small cache. Just never know....

• Thanks 1

nugget108    507

I was using my 5000 because we have relics and gold where we go. My oldest boy uses a Fisher F5 and my little guy uses a Bounty hunter Jr.

• Like 2

Nice finds, Dan & clan..!:yesss:
The F5 is a great machine.. Both N & I have one.. It's still my default park hunter for around here..

Swamp

• Like 2

nugget108    507

My dad gave him the F5 summer before last and he is finally starting you use it this year. Hes getting it figured out pretty good. He wants a CTX3030 SO BAD. I told him thats a lot of lawns to mow over the summer haha.Thanks Swamp, I always enjoy your input. 

Dan

• Like 2

Good night! looks like you guys had a blast and i love the the boar coin too, but not to belittle the rest of your loot. Awesome finds!:4chsmu1:

• Like 3