Nugget Shooter Forums
jjbond

Gpz7000, A Look Inside

jjbond    154

Have you ever wondered what's inside......... I know you have...... I have.......

While I'm Ukranian, I don't understand Russian but it sure was neat to see how much they've crammed onto the boards inside our GPZ's.

Jennifer

• Like 2

Bill Southern    1,093

Interesting, but knowing nothing of electronics it is waaaaaay over my head, I sure can make one sing when put back together though :evil1:

• Like 2

jjbond    154

It's nice to see so much SMD (Surface Mount Device) use and the double stacked boards. Notice the monster ferrite to reduce RFI/EMI on the coil connection lead. It would be interesting to see this compared to a CTX3030.

I assume it's out of warranty but I'm sure the folks at Minelab have noticed the clearly shown serial number and made note that if it wasn't before, it is now.. (grin)

Jen

Edited by jjbond

adam    877
34 minutes ago, jjbond said:

It's nice to see so much SMD (Surface Mount Device) use and the double stacked boards. Notice the monster ferrite to reduce RFI/EMI on the coil connection lead. It would be interesting to see this compared to a CTX3030.

Huh ?

jjbond    154
16 minutes ago, adam said:

Huh ?

Spell it out, use your phonetics and you'll figure it out.

DolanDave    193

All of the older minelab units, minelab would spray paint the boards white, so no one could reverse engineer them. But I guess now since it's all microprocessor, they are not worried about it anymore. Thanks for showing video Jen...

Dave

• Like 1

On 8/6/2017 at 11:14 AM, adam said:

Huh ?

In the beginnning of the vid( around 0:12 mark ) the narrator is poking around an inductor, I believe( the chunky cylindrical object... RFI= radio frequency interference, EMI=electromagnetic interference

adam    877
7 hours ago, weaver hillbille said:

In the beginnning of the vid( around 0:12 mark ) the narrator is poking around an inductor, I believe( the chunky cylindrical object... RFI= radio frequency interference, EMI=electromagnetic interference

I do not understand a word you are saying. Even the video is not understandable. He`s speaking Thai or Vietnamese

Au Seeker    1,117
4 hours ago, adam said:

I do not understand a word you are saying. Even the video is not understandable. He`s speaking Thai or Vietnamese

He's actually speaking Russian in the video.

adam    877
1 hour ago, Au Seeker said:

He's actually speaking Russian in the video.

Thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes:  

AzNuggetBob    571

First time I've seen the inside of a 7000 but I have to say Im a little surprised and shocked that they used what looks like a electrolytic capacitor on the power feed rather than a bank of carbon or polymer capacitors. :idunno:And yes I use large ferrite shields for EMI on the coil leads even on my old SD's. they work great.
AzNuggetbob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

homefire    1,543

Amazed to see NO CONFORMANT Paint on the PCB. Yes the Ferrite Cancels a lot of EMI.