Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ArizonaRockHound

new guy here

42 minutes ago, SanDomingoJim said:

You're right Mike...heck at $350 I'd buy it if I didn't already have two machines. 

Hi Jim right now I have 5 gold beepers and Im just trying to reduce them by 1 or 2-heck Im even trying to sell a coin beeper that I never use :idunno:Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Hi Jim thanks for the help and Im sure hes aware of it but if he wants to spend more then so be it:idunno: -No worries here-I know it will sell  :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

Its not that i want to spend more money im just not very sure about only having the chest rig with it 

I hear ya Mike. I've still got a Tesoro Bandido II that I bought new way back when, and a Goldmaster II  They both found gold for me and are cheap to keep. :head:

• Like 1

That model can be chest rig or hook on your belt  . Sure takes a load off your or if going detecting all day , the only weight is the shaft and coil.

Edited by azdigger
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ArizonaRockHound said:

Its not that i want to spend more money im just not very sure about only having the chest rig with it 

Ok thats understandable if you make up your mind give me a shout :Just_Cuz_06:Mike C...:200: PS-I still think the best all gold beeper for you would be the goldmonster and the owner of this forum Bill has them-just some food for thought

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2017 at 1:35 PM, ArizonaRockHound said:

thanks guys . I have a few questions as far as getting  started looking for gold and whatnot ,  ive been rock hounding for awhile but now looking to get into nugget shooting

If I were you, I would be taking my detector out in the field when you're rockhounding as well as the goldfields. You just never know what you might find under the ground wherever you are. Some of my best finds were in totally unexpected areas and they weren't all gold nuggets either.

Have a feeling i will be thinking about it for a while still,  no reason to rush  right , plus horrible with decisions , might end up saving and going with your recommendation of the gold monster mike c but im  not sure :idunno:  

yeah morlock thanks for the advice , i have found some pretty cool things out there and sometimes wonder what else i could have found had i been using a detector

thanks again everyone for the input 

I've got a White's V-Sat that I would let go to a forum member for $250. ... 7 horses in the stable is a bit much and therefore would be willing to let one or two horses go. Had it in the classifieds quite awhile ago but it was end of season and folks just weren't buying. Was going to put it back up when I return to AZ in about three weeks ... I should be back about August 10 in Prescott Valley. Let me know if you have any interest and can wait until then to get it.

On 7/25/2017 at 7:45 PM, ArizonaRockHound said:

Have a feeling i will be thinking about it for a while still...

Two schools of thought at play here.. OT1H, being able to pick up two used (let's say) GMTs for the price you're calling your ceiling for one (new) machine so you can afford to get two of 'em is a deal-and-a-half..! All the machines mentioned in that showroom floor $700 + - range are good at what they do, are available used at excellent prices (except for the GB2, which retains a premium resale value/price) and all of 'em will remain being good at what they do forever..

OTOH, if you're a younger person (merely meaning you already know you're gonna be doing "this" for the next several decades,) I can also make a pretty good case for going a couple hundred $$s over budget for a Gold Monster 1000 in order to get into 24-bit processing power..

Let's face it, the theoretical sub-sub-basement floor for all-metal mode VLF detecting 'depth' has been hit.. Pretty much the only way of moving forward from here depth-wise (which really means "less shallow-wise") will be coming in the form of, let's just call it/them " 'discrimination' programs " even though it's a combination of up to all twiddling knob tweaks, and that takes both memory space and speed..

But unless one is a hard-core hunter who needs every possible edge / advantage available, the old VLF tec will still be plenty good enough at the casual-to-moderate detectorist level for, well, forever..

I guess what I'm trying to say is: If you want every advantage possible in this hunting format and arena environment, spend the add'l $$s.. But it isn't like the current older tec is FUBARed or anything even close to that.. It'll continue finding nugglets the same as always until long after we finish making the planet unlivable..

Swamp

• Like 3

Thanks swampstomper for your input .

Does anyone know if you have two of the exact same detectors or detectors of the same frequency will that cause problems when out nuggetshooting ? and how far do you need to be away to avoid any interference if there is any ?

AZH ... many of the detectors will 'talk' back and forth to each other causing interference ... most if not all will cease the action if you and the other detector are 50 feet or so apart. If you are experiencing interference from being too close just move apart a ways. 

Mike F

• Like 1

welcome. I think you  should start off with an auto ground balancing detector, easy to use turn on and go . I would suggest before you buy a use one see if you can  have the owner show how to use it and test it out and be sure it is in good condition. what ever one you decide to by is practice ,practice and more practice to learn the detector . been detecting since 2001  just for gold . the tdi sl I use for both but it has learning curves to it   ones that are made just for gold  are really just for that . tried detect for coin  with the goldbug and the old whites and the junk just was to much did find some coins but a lot of digging

• Like 2