Nugget Shooter Forums
Redbeard

GPX 4500 LCD screen went blank.

I was out detecting today and discovered my LCD screen went blank. I can change functions and settings and it beeps appropriately but can't see what they are. The screen is still on but is blank or shows vertical lines. Does anybody know if there is a simple fix?  I tried disconnecting the power and switching coils but no luck.  If I need it fixed where do I send it?

Thanks

• Like 1

Been Raining ?   Where do you store your detector?   It could be a Damp Issue.  Put it in a good Warm/Dry location for a rest.  If your Brave and have the know how, open it up and hit it with a blow dryer for a good few minute.  My bet is it will wake up.  All that being done chuck a fresh Desiccant Packet  in side it before you button it up.

do a system reset...it is in the manual as I recall...if that don't work...time for Minelab

fred

• Like 2

when you turn the unit on hold the power switch in the on position for 5 seconds that should do a factory reset

• Like 1

Not much I can add to what has been recommended...... Minelab will fix it if reset does not work, call service center in Illinois.

It was definitely humid but it didn't get wet. It was still the same this morning. I already tried the simple manual reset to FP by holding the on switch at startup. I sent it to Minelab West this morning.

Thanks guys.