Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey all you new folks and others that have not added a photo to your profile, now you will have the first letter of your user name by default. Please add a photo in your profile area.... If you don't do it we will hehehehehe

• Like 1

Hello from Creswell, OR. 

I'm a prospector, and my husbsnd and both have Whites MXTs, a SDC 2300.

I am kinda in the market for another detecter. The GM 1000 has sort of peaked my interest.

Can it be used for coin and jewelry? Or, is it just for gold detecting?

19 hours ago, Gayla Olson said:

Hello from Creswell, OR. 

I am kinda in the market for another detecter. The GM 1000 has sort of peaked my interest.

It "could" be used for coin & jewelry, as any gold machine can, but they're not really designed with those tasks in mind..

There are many suitable detectors for the hunting you've named.. Better define the hunting locations you have in mind ( beach either/both in/out of water, desert locations, temperate location parks / schools / home sites, Civil War wooded / water areas etc.) and detector choices can be even better defined as well..

Swamp

PS: If you take what I've said literally, please open a thread in one of the forums instead of continuing it here.. It will get more views and more diverse input that way..

• Like 1

hello i am rahul sharma as i am freelancer marketing so we just provide all main details at work time i will upload soon my photo

On 11/6/2017 at 3:57 PM, Gayla Olson said:

Hello from Creswell, OR. 

It will indeed work for coins etc, but the discrimination is not ideal for coin and relic hunting as it does not give it's best guess on screen as to what you are digging, just Ferrous/non-ferrous

Welcome Toby and much to learn here....

3 hours ago, TobyProtsman said:

Hello. Thanks for having me. Toledo, Ohio

Howdy Toby

Hi to everyone, I'm not sure if I introduced myself previously. Just getting back from nowhere. Anyway,  retired, 62 yr old male, veteran, fulltiming in my rv with my dog mikey. Although I'm looking for a few acres to buy where I could plant this rv and call it home base. I'm starting to get tired of driving around in circles. A few yrs back I decided to put on my last hat. Prospecter/ rockhound. Hasn't really took off yet. Doing research, bought some equipment, metal detectors, joined some clubs. Right now I'm in the Rye Patch NV area for a month. Trying out my GM 1000 and looking at land for sale. I have been hiking the mountains in this area, finding spectacular hidden springs, green gullies, bedrock formations, lots of cows. Not what I expected. And still no flakes or nuggets. I've come to realize that it's my own shortcomings that are getting in the way. i.e. frustration, impatience, procrastination, social isolation, (that's a big one). I need a better understanding of navigating public lands, gps. A place to call home with a mailing address would be a plus.

That is me in a nutshell. I would like to ask this community for advice, direction, any help, or criticisms, not only for prospecting minerals, also personal hurdles I've mentioned above. I hope to make some friends and maybe meet and share stories along the way.

With Respect, Stephen 

• Like 1

Hello, Stephen.  There are fellows here who can point you in the right direction with that GM1000, and have you finding gold in no time.  You're in a good area.  Best -- Saul

• Like 1