Nugget Shooter Forums

Just joined the GPAA , want to stay out of trouble in Gold Basin .

Will hunt other places too, Clarke county NV and such. Hope it don't take to long to get my member package.....

Call 951-699-4749 for info on how to join the site now, there are maps to the claims there you can print out if a member.

• Like 1

Made  the call , lots of info.  THANKS Bill

You are very welcome...... :4chsmu1:

I joined the GPAA online and before I received my GPAA card, I printed a copy of the online receipt and brought that with me.  You're supposed to have the card, but I felt in good conscience I was following the intent by prospecting as a paid member with receipt in hand in lieu of the GPAA card.  I would have felt no guilt showing that to someone asking for my claim card, and I'm pretty sure they'd have no problem with me being there.  I wouldn't mind someone using am electronic receipt if I asked him for the card.

I found some good maps of the Gold Basin GPAA claims on line.  The area I went to was beat up pretty well, but the area was huge.  I went to the harder to get to claim in my 4 X 4, but the easier to get to one I probably could have driven my mini van to.

WOW , joined GPAA on tues. got my member package today......fast.

• Like 3

what actually is the gold basin? im a gpaa member too

Gold Basin is a location close to Dolan Springs AZ , there are several claims belonging to the Gpaa there.

• Like 2

I really think they've made some improvements.  The online claim guide will be nice once it's up and running.  There's a geo coord (not corners) for each claim in the online database.  It can be referenced with the guide.  It's nice to put in a zip code and see what claims are by where you're going.

If you go to http://www.goldprospectors.org/ and complete the registration, you'll get access to this online site.  The online site can't be used alone, but is a good supplement to the mining guide. 

• Like 2

Some good gold at the Basin..... :old:

• Like 1

theres lots of gold there you gotta look for it 

heres a half ounce that i found by the gpaa campground a few years ago

& ive found a number of small ones recently

keep looking there out there :yesss:

coil to the soil & under the bush 

half ounce nugget 2013.JPG

• Like 6

I think that was my first year at Bill's outing and Walt comes back showing that gorgeous piece.  Very inspiring.  Looks like that coil has been through a war!  LOL.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2017 at 10:33 AM, azdigger said:

Just joined the GPAA , want to stay out of trouble in Gold Basin .

Will hunt other places too, Clarke county NV and such. Hope it don't take to long to get my member package.....

If GB is your main reason to join, and it's a good one..... then may I suggest that you also look into Mohave Prospectors Association and GSSN out of Nevada, I see their claim markers everywhere around here, especially GSSN.

http://www.mohaveprospectors.com/

http://www.goldsearchersnv.com/

Jen

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 4