Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ArcticDave

Another horse in the stable.

I can carry anything I need in a small backpack. Very practical for scouting trips into new areas. :200:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, homefire said:

Yep, Coleman fuel aka White Gas is hot as hell.  Not so sure I would try that strait up in a Two Stroke.  They run hot to start with.  Did get my hands on a gal of Nitro Drag fuel one time.  A cup of that in the tank livened things up most well. Popped a hole in a piston doing that one. Spark plug had melted aluminum glued to it. I think it would had worked if I cranked up the Auto Oil Injection or added oil to the mix.  LOL  Belonged to a Amateur  Moto X club for a while .  Think everyone did the moth ball thing back then.  Gave that up when they decided running over someones head while they was down was fair game.  People have played with all sorts of mixes.  I never got past the moth ball thing to the most parts.

6 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

You too, eh..? I was into the sport realll early on ('60s,) until right after the same basic thing happened to me.. To be fair I did go down at the bottom of a blind whoop -- not the best spot on a track to eat it.. All I could do was lie there half under the bike until everyone else went by n we could get me n the bike outta the next lap's way.. Considering my situation I think I handled getting run over pretty good.. Don't think I would have handled a direct landing-upon quite as well though..

Ironically, this also happens to be the very same day I realized just exactly how much pleasure could be derived simply from cruzin' our highways & byways on a scoot.. Weird, huh..?

Swamp

Well now you both had your heads ran over at least once while moto-xing way back when, that explains a lot, sorta like "I was dropped on my head as a baby!!!! :evil1: :ROFL: :4chsmu1:

• Like 3

I got out before I got Ran Over.  I had other issues.  :thumbsupanim

• Like 3

On 6/15/2017 at 4:43 PM, ArcticDave said:

I see.

About like the acetone wives tale. Lots of claims with no real data to back it up.

A friend of mine swears adding acetone to his tank increases his power and mileage. I tried it a couple of times and noticed zero difference.  I filled up his truck once after borrowing it and didn't add the acetone like he asked. He had noticed no difference when asked about it later. :200:

Undoubtedly it makes for a dandy injector cleaner, but that's probably the extent of its benefits. 

Hey Dave
As I'm sure you probably know Hy octane Alcohol does the same thing but doesn't improve the performance, just gets the condensation water out of the Tank and float bowl so you dont need to use it in every tank of gas.but for a cheap/easy fix it helps.I agree about rebuilding it.I used to just rebuild all of my old iron horses and always carried key small parts like points,condenser and spark plug in the tool box on the bike.nothing worse than getting stuck wayyyyyyy out in the desert or way back up up in the hills with a dead horse. I like the fork guards on that bike too.I also talked with Tom about what sprockets and tires he needed depending on what he wanted to do with it. When I was full time hunting I ran two different bikes depending on where I was hunting. Small or large bike with different CC and gear ratio. I also agree you can see a lot more on two wheels than four.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

Unfortunately the rm250 succumbed to the need for groceries and got sold :tisk-tisk:

I have an eye out for a 4 stroke. I rode a buddys rm250 and it was shockingly fast. Riding it is frankly above my skill level. My 350 yamaha four stroke was a pussycat and easy to ride compared to that racehorse.

Edited by ArcticDave
  • Like 2

O-well Dave there are lots of used dirt bikes out there, cheap. but you should rebuild them in my opinion. My favorite was my modified 500 Yamaha four stroke on the long flats, a great white knuckeler.  :thumbsupanimbut not so much up in the hills. a bit on the heavy side. :D

AzNuggetBob

My500 001.JPG

• Like 2

My 350 was a little heavy for me in the hills too Bob. I could ride in the milder trails fine, but the steep stuff took a lot more effort and concentration. I was generally worn to a nubbin after an hour or two of that:ROFL: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If your thinking about getting a great trail bike for climbing the hills an older smaller trials bike works very well. very light, lots of clearance and they handle fantastic. I use smaller bikes for hills and game trails. I've had people see me and ask later, How did you get up there on that bike? Game trail, you cant see them from below. :D
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

I'm thinking a 4 stroke in the 250-300 range geared down enough to climb well would be the ticket for me. I'll loose top end, but top end doesn't help a lot when you can only do 10-30 mph because the terrain is so rough. 

That would take some major high low ratio sprocket arrangement without a high low transmission. AzNuggetBob

8 minutes ago, AzNuggetBob said:

My mistake, I thought you were serious about finding Gold. AzNNuggetBob

Sorry I offended you Bob. 

I love finding gold and I've found enough to scratch that itch. Nowadays the gold has become secondary. 

Besides, my best areas have all been found on foot. I hunt for hardrock gold almost exclusively when I do hunt, and most times I can't even get close in a wheeled vehicle of any kind.

It's either foot travel or hunt the same ground everyone else does. So normally I be walkin' 

• Like 1