Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fredmason

Dale district nugglet and space rock

I forgot how long it takes to get to the campsite in the Dale.  The wind was howling much of the time.

Anyway, I found a five gram bit of the San Bernadino Wash meteorite...I had sold all the first pieces I found , so this is just big enough for me to cherish...

I also found a 1.2 grain nugglet...in an area that had not yielded any before...it is all good.

We had a good time for a very short trip...

fred

DSC02122.JPG

• Like 8

Nice work Fred !!  :thumbsupanim

Congrats !!

Luke

• Like 1

Nice work, Fred....Cute nuglet and very nice space rock! ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

Great finds a true 2 fpr 1 deal-John :4chsmu1:

• Like 1

Nice finds, Fred.. WTG..! :yesss:

Swamp

PS: Another nice article by you in the ICMJ recently too..

• Like 1

Nice finds, Fred, congrats!  I've wanted to get out and look for San Bernardino Wash pieces but just haven't found the time.  Keep it up!

Mike, I found a small area with several pieces, I had reworked this area with other detectors with no luck. I simply knew there had to be a little one left. This trip I very carefully worked the area and got the faintest signal. After sorting through the iron stone I finally retrieved this little piece...I am happy to have it.

Anyway, there are more out there but I am not certain of the length or width or direction of the fall...good luck!

Bob Verish wrote an article about the SBW and mentioned me.

He wanted to know where I found the pieces I had, so, he came out, camped and I gave him a short tour. On his way out he lucked into a scatter area and picked up a bunch. He later confirmed they paired with SBW. I did not mind sharing my information with him. However, he was just using me to get information and location. I asked for the coordinates to his find but he never would cough them up...

he won't ever get anything else from me...

fred

Nice work, Fred. Congrats!

Tough area to work, or even to figure out where to start. Your find has motivated us to get back out to that area as it is not too far from home. Thanks for the report.

• Like 1