Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi all, hope your all getting out. I finally got my dad up to go swing the detectors for a few days. We headed out to our usual spots this weekend so he could hopefully bang his second minelab nugget. We got stuck in the truck for almost 2 hrs on Saturday because of the frigging snow. I know it's mid May. Winter won't let go. Well luckily it didn't stick where we were. We got out and started detecting and about an hour into it, the EVO gave a really mello tone. Down about 6 inches was a huge chunk of quartz that was giving the signal. I took it to the truck and washed it up and seen the nice little pocket of gold in it. I knew there wasn't much in it because even out of the hole it really didn't scream. I had my dad run his machine on it with the 12 inch elliptical NF and it barely sounded off. That new EVO is really sensitive. Then we moved to another spot and my oldest son ended up banging one with the GB2. It was a good sized chunk of quartz but only had 1.1 grams in it after crushing. Mine had just under 2 grams in it. I did manage to bust out a pretty cool small specimen out of it. Pop didn't find anything but he enjoyed being up with the grandkids and hanging out. 1st 2 pics are of Camerons. 3rd is my big one. Ill get pics of the little speci I broke out of it when its done cleaning up.

Take care everyone

Dan

20170513_203049.jpg

20170514_185952.jpg

20170513_110415.jpg

• Like 7

NO GOLD is Ugly !

• Like 4

Great finds, nothing beats family, gold, outdoors...congrats..

Dave

• Like 2

Got that right Dave. Hanging out with dad and my boys was greatest part. I enjoy that the most.

• Like 1

Here are the little specimens I saved out of it. The rest got crushed

20170516_124457.jpg

20170516_124538.jpg

20170516_124610.jpg

• Like 2

Family and gold -- great combo..! :D

Swamp

• Like 1

Dan: It's kind of funny the quarter you have in the specie photo.. Both the 1982 & 1983 P quarters in really nice condition can bring some decent dinero -- the '83s more so than the '82s..

Both years were weak strikes.. As a consequence it's difficult to find crisply defined examples of either.. If curious, take a peek at eBay to see what they go for, y'all..

Swamp

• Like 2

Haha I did not know that swamp. I'll check it out. 

Looks like a great day out with the family and got gold to boot, very hard to beat that IMHO, your dad will get his big time on your next outing with him, I just know it!!

Unfortunately the 1982 and 1983 Ps are only worth more than face value when they're in uncirculated/mint condition, even a grade MS 63 is only worth $1 to $3 for the 1982 and 1983, the 1983 is a bit more than the 1982 as the MS numbers goes up, at MS 64 they worth $10 to $11 for the 1982 and $16 to $19 for the 1983, at MS 65 it's $15 to $18 for the 1982 and $55 to $65 for the 1983, go up one more number to the MS 66 and then your talking some decent value of $50 to $90 for the 1982 and $165 to $310 for the 1983, step up again to the MS 67 and it's $800 to $1050 for the 1982 and $2600 for the 1983.

That being said all of the 1982 and 1983 quarters are good coins, the D mints marks are just below the P mint marks in value with the 1983 D being a bit higher than the 1982 D.. 

• Like 3

Very nice gold! looks like better than a good day panning.

What do you use to crush the ore?

• Like 1

For what we find, I just use a mortar and pestle. 

Thanks

Good gold, with less work. My kind of gold. 

• Like 1

The more you post, the more I wish I was closer to northern Nevada.  :brows:

Congrats on the awesome finds and the good spot you've found that keeps on giving up the goods.

:thumbsupanim

Luke

• Like 2

Take a vacation Luke. I'll take ya out for a few days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

Take a vacation Luke. I'll take ya out for a few days.

:4chsmu1:

I've seen a lot of ugly things in my long life but never gold of any ilk-thanks much to all for the pics as nothing finer-John :yesss:

• Like 1

Man, you guys are on it! :yesss:

Thats so cool to be able to find stuff like that.

You aught to try to get some really close macro shots of them, it really brings out the coolness of them.

Heres on that BD gave me, the gold is a little smaller than a pinhead, but by the naked eye you cant see the little blue crystals.

Open up the pic and click on FULL SIZE....it really looks neat.

Great finds!

Tom H.

deskspecie.jpg

Edited by TomH
  • Like 3

That's awesome Tom. I photo everything with my phone now a days so I don't even have a camera lol. The 1 gram piece I just posted is awesome close up. It actually has chevron crystals in it that are quite amazing. I'll see what I can do. Nice speci Tom, thanks for sharing. 

Dan

5 hours ago, TomH said:

Man, you guys are on it! :yesss:

Thats so cool to be able to find stuff like that.

You aught to try to get some really close macro shots of them, it really brings out the coolness of them.

Heres on that BD gave me, the gold is a little smaller than a pinhead, but by the naked eye you cant see the little blue crystals.

Open up the pic and click on FULL SIZE....it really looks neat.

Great finds!

Tom H.

deskspecie.jpg

Here is what I came up with. Not as good as BD's but pretty decent. 

20170517_173302.jpg

20170517_173627.jpg

• Like 3

Sweet!  Dont crush that one :)
I like to use a flat blue background or flat black. Seems to work the best.

Love how the gold is so intricate on that piece.

Nice shot.

Tom H.

• Like 1

I wonder how much micro gold is left in the sands for chemical recovery.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I wonder how much micro gold is left in the sands for chemical recovery.

Actually I bet there is quite a bit. You can look at the quartz with a loop and see the gold scattered in tiny individual pieces out away from the main conglomerate of gold. I save it all for when I feel like running my mercury through it.

• Like 2

One of my favorites under the microscope, I called it the skull.

H44 sm.jpg

• Like 3

Weird...I had one quarter in my wallet. After reading this checked it out...1982 D mint, kinda funny coincidence. 

Edited by Safari
  • Like 3