Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Micro Nugget

REJOICE!!!

Micro Nugget    200

IMPORTANT:  The highest court in the land has just requested briefing from the U.S. Solicitor General on whether or not it should grant a writ of review in the Rinehart case!!!  Attorney James Buchal reports that if the U.S. Solicitor General files a brief in support of acceptance of the petition, "the chances that the Supreme Court will take the case go up very significantly."

Listen up my fellow nugget heads:  This is the time to forget about whatever Honey Do List you are working on.  If you can write a sentence, or better, if you can afford a stamp and can type a sentence IN YOUR OWN WORDS TO PRESIDENT TRUMP as to how important this case is, then do so NOW.  Don't worry about your grammar or punctuation.  Just express yourself in the unique and genuine way that only you can.  Tell President Trump how you have suffered under your California overseers.  There is a relatively short period for the (current) Acting Solicitor General to get his brief filed.  He needs to be told by his boss ASAP how miners feel about the importance of this case so that states like California can't keep prohibiting owners of federal mining claims from operating their own claims without any hope of economic survival in areas that largely have few alternative economic opportunities!

Let's not sit on our hands.  Let's get some justice!  Get something in the mail by tomorrow!!

Thanks for listening to my rant.

• Like 3

Martin -- If you could provide a mailing address (and "Attn" to), and if they are accepting email an addy and Subject line title, this would be most helpful.. I think many folks willing to contribute won't do so due to the hassle of digging out an address.. Thanks..

Swamp

chrisski    249

I found this website to E-Mail the President.  It's type a comment with a drop down block that says, "To the President"

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

By Mail

President Trump

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500

Call the President

PHONE NUMBERS
Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414

This is my first draft, which like Micro Nugget says, should be made to your own words"

====================================

Mr President,

Have the U.S. Solicitor General grant a writ of review in the “Rinehart case” S222620 heard before the California Supreme Court on 22 Aug 2016.

California miners have suffered under the state’s dredging ban on federal land since December of 2009  The Mining Law of 1872 does not allow the state government to improperly impede miners. The state of California to date has issued no permits nor developed procedures for these permits in seven and a half years since the ban, thus impeding the miners.

NAME

==========================

Also, contact info for solicitor general, (No E-Mail)

By Mail

Office of the Solicitor General
950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20530-0001

By Phone

(202) 514-2203

The Department of Justice, who the Solicitor of General works in can have comments left here:

https://www.justice.gov/doj/webform/your-message-department-justice

• Like 1

Bill Southern    1,089

Thank you Martin and Chris

Hoser John    1,041

Cases on 120 still to be heard in Judge Ochoas court  in SB the 12th . So kill the poison tree-120- and all the poison from it dies....fingers crossed on all accounts as growing old and sic of this once proud dredging/mining state going to the enviro dogs. John

• Like 2

Hoser John    1,041

Rescheduled for the 25, yet again more miner games-:grr01: John

Hoser John    1,041

Rescheduled for mid september yet again. Feel like a donkey following a carrot on a stick held in front of my face to keep me moving...or a silly ol' mule for even believing after 10 seasons and millions into lawyers and court coffers....John

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Irritated 1

Bill Southern    1,089

Yep is the way of the lawyer, postpone till it feels right to win (both sides) Fingers crossed..... :fl:

Hoser John    1,041

STINKN' RESCHEDULED YET AGAIN FOR OCTOBER 25 OR SOME SUCH BS....:evil1: John