Nugget Shooter Forums

Picked up SD 2000 the other day at thrift store. Has some issues and racking my brain trying to figure it out. No sound for one. From my understanding light only comes on when low battery. Once shut off light will flash. With coil connected the light doesn't flash. Need some help 

Unless you can figure out the electronics or know someone who can you may have a pig in a poke so to speak. I don't know anyone who works on those units anymore. Hope you didn't spend much on this unit ... perhaps it is best to try to return it. Sorry to be negative on this ... not usually my nature ... but in the future either by from a dealer like Bill Southern who owns this board (Nugget Shooters) or if from an individual be able to try it before buying. Buying from a thrift shop or pawn shop is dangerous for something like this ... there is a reason it is there ... probably couldn't sell it anywhere else cuz it didn't work! Again apologize for the negativity but a fact is a fact.

Mike F

• Like 1

Paid 14 dollars so I'm making it my project lol... I am some what familiar with electronics nevertheless I'm not out lot of money 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, James JJJ said:

Picked up SD 2000 the other day at thrift store. Has some issues and racking my brain trying to figure it out. No sound for one. From my understanding light only comes on when low battery. Once shut off light will flash. With coil connected the light doesn't flash. Need some help 

James here is the link to minelabs instruction manual for the sd2000. Hope it helps you somewhat. Good luck with your project.   Jim

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/4249/Instruction Manual SD2000_Scan.pdf

Edited by SanDomingoJim
wrong link
  • Like 3

Can you Read and understand a schematic ?     MineLab has a Thing about using Conformant Paint on the PCB making life challenging finding Parts and Parts ID.  Maybe you will get lucky on that one.

SD2000.GIF

Edited by homefire
  • Like 3

Thanks everyone. It is painted white lol... My biggest problem would be if coil is out of whack. i will give it a shot?

Yea, they do that .  Paint thing that is.  I have the Board layout with Parts Placement too I think.  Acetone on a Q Tip removes it some times unless they have change things.

SD2000.GIF

SD2000-1.jpg

sd2000.zip

• Like 2

Make sure the battery is good and Never unplug the coil when its on-Theres a guy in AU his name is Woody that works on them heres a link to his site http://detectormods.com/ 

give him a call and see if he can do anything for you-Goodluck-Mike C...:200:

• Like 4

You can buy any MInelab PI mono or dd coil made for the 2000, 2200 and so on...probably for 50 bucks if you ask....

fred

• Like 2

Did they change the Connectors or something after the 2000?

All the coils are interchangable from the SD series to the Gpx series-Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking.  All PI Mono coils are pretty much the same coil other then the connector.  I would use Minelab coils on my DIY PI machines if they didn't cost so dang much.  Whites TDI can use them.

Update.   I did finally get sound. That issue was in headphone jack, not getting good connection. Does make odd noise if I sweep a target across almost like a stutter in a way

Edited by James JJJ
  • Like 2

Don't suppose you have a O Scope ?

• Like 1

I don't have an oscilloscope. Here in a couple days I will take it to the field and see how it reacts to targets.  Maybe the odd noise is due to some of my electronic devices here. To know for sure I will need to take it out and about. 

Does it sing and warble?

8 minutes ago, homefire said:

Does it sing and warble?

I would say a warble with echo

Sounds like you may get the 2017 Scoop Deal of the the Year Award.  LOL

• Like 1

I also came across a radio shack discovery 1000. From my understanding really no difference from bounty hunters Tracker IV

Both made by 1st Texas in El Paso.  Bounty Hunters have a rap of being low budge starter detectors.  I have two.  LS Camo and a 101.  They do more then a fine job on coins and rings in parks.  I use them as loner machines for the kids.   I have a Prizm II for that stuff.

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

Yeah I figure the kids can use it. I am actually really stoked about have this machine, simple easy to use and like I said parks seems ideal. My other machine I had a while is Discovery electronics treasure baron (gold baron)

If I remember right you could change a module in those to hunt coins or Prospect.

You are correct. I though that was a great idea with a detector. Been wanting to get the coin master module, not sure how easy that will be lol