Nugget Shooter Forums
fishing8046

Gold Bug 2 Head Phones

The website below shows that they have the Jimmy Sierra Maxiphone II headphones.  :4chsmu1:

13 hours ago, adam said:

Ok, you know exactly what im talking about then.....This is why I hang on to my older headphones and have them repaired so I dont have to buy a newer version.

The gold Bug II speaks a certain language. It takes a special headphone to interpret that language, and transcend it properly.

YODA

There must be another, I'll have to do systematic GB2 headphone trials.

1 hour ago, SanDomingoJim said:

The website below shows that they have the Jimmy Sierra Maxiphone II headphones.  :4chsmu1:

Tried them months ago, they never answered the phone or returned my calls. Pretty sure the website is outdated.

1 hour ago, Uncle Ron said:

I can distinguish gold from lead

Now thats Yoda...:worship:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Tried them months ago, they never answered the phone or returned my calls. Pretty sure the website is outdated.

Sent them a message through their facebook page, I'll let you know what I find out.

I had to edit your post to remove the link because Bill doesn't allow links to other metal detector/prospecting supplies vendors websites on his forum, which is understandable IMHO being that he is a vendor for these same items.

Sent them a message through their facebook page, I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks!! 

3 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

And Ron you left out the 'female lingo' part ... Have you fully conquered that or are you still learnin'??? :4chsmu1:

Mike F

No man EVER learns the female lingo....I've found it best to just zip lips and listen...Cheers, Unc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Thanks!! 

Well the guy that is advertising the headphones returned my message and said that he no longer has these. It would be nice if he updated his website. I'll still keep an eye peeled and let you know if I find some. Think they are as rare as hens teeth now. But I bet there are a few pair out there sitting atop some closet detectors.  Jim 

Fisher headphones are the worst.  I re-soldered and repaired my first set three times before realizing that the wires and materials are too thin and shoddy to bother with.  After achieving some satisfaction by throwing them away I purchased a pair of Nugget Busters.  The yellow color makes them easy to spot -- especially in dark places.  Many years later I added the SunPro headphones.  I can use the SunPros very effectively either with the GB2 or with my Minelabs.  I still have the Nugget Busters as back up though.  When Nugget Busters get old they start sounding "tinny".  Upon closer examination I found the source of the tinny sounds to be loose speaker heads.  Apparently when the headphones get old the materials begin shrinking thus allowing the speaker heads to shift around inside the plastic housing.  By banging the plastic "ears" against the heel of my palm I can jar the speaker heads back into a central position within the plastic housing and the tinny sounds go away (until the speaker heads once again wander off center).  I have not had this problem with the Sun Pros.  I'm rather surprised that Fisher has not ramped up the quality of its stock headphones after all these years.  Virtually everyone I know who invested in a GB2 makes the same complaint.  The detector is great but the Fisher headphones suck.

• Like 1

Scored some Maxi-phone II's! Brand spanking new, $68 w/ shipping.:yesss:

0108181835.jpg

• Like 4

They are great headphones. I should find another pair for when mine go bad. Great score!

• Like 1

No F`N way man !!    That`s a lifetime achievement award, right there.... Congrats !

Edited by adam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Very nice! Where did you get them and do they have any more?

CL, Cali. Just the one pair.

1 hour ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Just the one pair.

You lucked out and hit the jackpot on those headsets.  :yesss:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Koss........ Period.

We wont agree on that one Bill.......Hope to see ya`ll in Quartzsite

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Terry Soloman said:

Does anyone use Killer B's besides me? 

I do....   and I couldn't say enough about them.  I tried a few others, but the 'sound quality' and the feel of the leather ear cups quickly convinced me that I wouldn't have to look any further.  After a few months or several dozen uses, the ear cups start to get a bit stinky.  So a quick call, and $24 later, I have a new set and that factory fresh feeling once again.

On a recent hunt, I was digging a target and I called my buddy over to see if he could hear what I was hearing using the SDC.  We switched headphones and he plugged his (name withheld to protect the innocent) headphones in and started to listen.  After a bit, he handed the headphones back and without thinking, I put them on and continued to dig.  I was shocked at how different everything sounded and really felt like there was quite a bit 'missing'.  I'm not sure if I mentioned anything to him at the time, but I remember thinking about it later and couldn't help but feel that I may somehow have a small advantage in hearing the faintest of signals.  He's an accomplished detectorist and has found 'his share' along the way, but I won't be switching to the brand he uses.

If you like what you got, don't change.  If you're still looking, you might consider the Killer B's.  ( I think Sun-Ray Pros are pretty much the same thing.)

Luke

Edited by LukeJ
Sun-Ray Pros
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Koss........ Period.

I might have a couple pairs that will never get used.  I could make you a deal.....  :brows:

:4chsmu1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a few pair I use for different conditions-Bose QC headphones for the windy days-really kill the noise well and better for when its hot -regular Killer B's for normal beepin-Killer B's modded to be wireless-Killer B's modded with an amp built in-Black widows that hardly get used-yes they are louder than most headphones but in my opinion lack the sound crispness of the Killer B's-Im all about the sound-the sharper more crispier the better for me :head: Just my 2 centavos worth :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1