Nugget Shooter Forums
fishing8046

10 years of things I found along the way

I thought I would share a few pictures of some of the things I have found along the way. All from southern Arizona except the big blue glass rocks Let me know what you think!

000_2845.JPG

000_2846.JPG

000_2873.JPG

000_2874.JPG

000_2879.JPG

000_2881.JPG

000_2882.JPG

000_2883.JPG

000_2844.JPG

• Like 4

I am not the only one that keeps it all. Got everything listed by what detector found it.

Hard to tell what all you have in some of the photos, but I can tell there's a lot of history in your finds!!!:thumbsupanim

What kind of rocks are in the little plastic bag, I hope you didn't accidently leave your stash in there before you took the photo!! :WOW: :shhhhh: :4chsmu1:

000_2844.JPG

• Like 2

Lol  Au Seeker

That's the small nugget poke. It has 5 or 6 small gold nuggets in it

Very Nice!!!! I like the picks and bits. Nice S. AZ. copper mineral collection.

• Like 2

It's all kewl..! I definitely have a thing about old pick heads though.. History, I suppose -- and the stories they could tell..

Swamp

:yesss:  And the desert is a much cleaner place thanks to your diligence on picking it all up. Now much easier to find real goodies with the relics out of the way. Respect big time-John

31 minutes ago, Hoser John said:

:yesss:  And the desert is a much cleaner place thanks to your diligence on picking it all up. Now much easier to find real goodies with the relics out of the way. Respect big time-John

This post reminds me of an over zealous minerals manager I once ran in to in El Dorado national forest...he noticed my metal detector laying with my other gear in the back of my pickup and warned me about removing "historical artifacts"....  https://www.nps.gov/archeology/tools/Laws/NHPA.htm

:nutty:  I've mentioned this guy in the past...IIRC his name was Richard Smith....dick for short....

• Like 2

Display most of my finer finds from my property:4chsmu1:

Rack o Rust.jpg

• Like 3

Printers type set drawer. Popular for this application.

More repurpose wisdom-thanks for a great idea. John

Always like to share ideas.

We were in Kansas for 4th of July visiting relatives (380th Anniversary of family coming to America) and came across a beautiful type set drawer in an antique store way out in the country, wanted $20.00 but was 1/2 off that day. My cousin purchased it for my brother. It only cost $40.00 to ship it back home. Ha!

They can be pretty expensive depending on where and who is selling.

• Like 1

Very cool finds! I love those old pick heads. I found a piece of a trap also. Heres some of my more interesting ones hanging on the shop door.

Most interesting (besides the human skull) is the Sperry ball turret access door and machine gun loading instructions.

This is in addition to the box and 5 gallon bucket of misc. stuff :)

Tom H.

DSC03310.JPG

DSC03316.JPG

• Like 4

Nice finds Bob....   :thumbsupanim

Those blue and green rocks are pretty awesome.

Sometimes I treasure the 'trash' as much as the 'treasure'.

Keep on swingin'...

Luke  :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TomH said:

...Heres some of my more interesting ones hanging on the shop door...

Tom H.

DSC03310.JPG

DSC03316.JPG

I don't know if this an Old Wive's Tale or what, but I was told horseshoes are supposed to hang in the other direction -- to keep the luck from falling out of 'em..

Of course, if ya stop to think about it, just exactly what kind of luck would you be trying to hold in anyhow..? Seems to me neither the animal nor the human(s) involved with that shoe ending up where it was for someone to find later on would consider it being a particularly lucky happenstance at the time.. It makes more sense having 'em hang downward, so the rest of the rotten luck can finish spilling out.. Fresh start n all that that way, ya know..? Not to mention it takes only one nail to hang 'em, instead of two.. Win / win / win..! :4chsmu1:

Swamp