Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DolanDave

Some Rites Today

Got out to do a little prospecting at Gold Basin Today with a few friends- Leo from Jobe, and Chris, no gold, but did end up finding a 311 gram and a 80 gram meteorite. We came across some nice old timer graffiti with initials dated 1912. Forgot to get a pic, darn it...:cry2:

Dave

GB 11-20-16.jpg

• Like 7

Nice, I hope to get my (new to me ) GMT out there to try it out.

• Like 1

Well done, i figure that gold has been here longer so it knows how to hide better! Awesome finds with the meteorites though that is always a great feeling. Keep the good times coming Dave!:4chsmu1:

• Like 1

Nice ones, Dave, especially that 300-grammer, that one looks fantastic.

Nice one's Dave. Still producing is always nice to hear.

• Like 1

Pretty sure those aren't meteorites!

• Like 1

DegitalJedi,

Are you a noob ??? How can you say those are not meteorites.... They stick to my San Francisco rainbow collectible fridgerator magnet, I turned over my toilet tank, and performed the ceramic test, and it left a HUGE brown streak, about as big as my underwear, then I got out my 11 amp 11,000 rpm angle grinder with a type 27 grinding wheel, and ground a large window in the middle of the meteorite, and I can see metal flakes in the 1/2" grind hole.....

Dave

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 7

D.Dave, when you're a beginner like you are, you need to take a lesson from Degi-J ... He's probably found hundreds of space rocks....:stupidrb:  or 2 ...??? Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Dave, 

Great finds of some gorgeous specimens. Good to know they are still out there...congrats!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DolanDave said:

DegitalJedi,

Are you a noob ??? How can you say those are not meteorites.... They stick to my San Francisco rainbow collectible fridgerator magnet, I turned over my toilet tank, and performed the ceramic test, and it left a HUGE brown streak, about as big as my underwear, then I got out my 11 amp 11,000 rpm angle grinder with a type 27 grinding wheel, and ground a large window in the middle of the meteorite, and I can see metal flakes in the 1/2" grind hole.....

Dave

That's just Roy being silly, Dave.  Don't mind him. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikestang said:

That's just Roy being silly, Dave.  Don't mind him. :)

Thanks Mike, thought it was one of those know it all Corrections Officers, from California, that know everything about meteorites :4chsmu1:

• Like 2

On 11/27/2016 at 1:36 PM, DolanDave said:

DegitalJedi,

Dave

This really shouldn't be my first post, but I don't even know you, and you done got me busted by the wife. She by the way is out with the girl friends, so no way she was going to know I had been nipping at the bourbon (darn Doc says NO) until I read your response and then painted the Christmas presents stacked on my desk, that the wife asked me to put under the tree.

1 hour ago, Desertson said:

This really shouldn't be my first post, but I don't even know you, and you done got me busted by the wife. She by the way is out with the girl friends, so no way she was going to know I had been nipping at the bourbon (darn Doc says NO) until I read your response and then painted the Christmas presents stacked on my desk, that the wife asked me to put under the tree.

You might want to quit nipping at the bourbon...

• Like 1

Bourbon, no, Tequila, you betch'um!  Cheers, Unc

• Like 1