Nugget Shooter Forums
Bill Southern

Bill's Bees.... Honeybees that is.

Humans are killing ourselves and everything else as we overpopulate our planet and have to use chemicals for insects and weeds to be able to produce enough food. Or there will be a monster virus or worse one day that will easily ravage the human population because there are so many traveling and living in close proximity to each other. Or just a big senseless war simply because humans can't get along and respect each others differences or believe their religion requires it..... 

Honey from urban hives has shown larger than average amounts of pesticides and herbicides in honey as the bees gather from gardens and yards that are sprayed by the owners, often in very high dosages regardless of what the label warns. 

There will be a payment due one day for all this stupidity and chemical overuse and there are bugs other than bees that are very important to the environment being wiped out as well.... Sad.

• Like 4

Kind of off topic and slightly on topic of human stupidity.....did you know public schools spray roundup in school playgrounds to keep vegetation down. After they mow the grass, the surrounding areas are sprayed. So its all interconnected, we kill /harm anything for the all mighty dollar including putting our small kids in harm's way. From now on, I am buying my honey from local organic certified producers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Humans are killing ourselves and everything else as we overpopulate our planet and have to use chemicals for insects and weeds to be able to produce enough food. Or there will be a monster virus or worse one day that will easily ravage the human population because there are so many traveling and living in close proximity to each other. Or just a big senseless war simply because humans can't get along and respect each others differences or believe their religion requires it..... 

Honey from urban hives has shown larger than average amounts of pesticides and herbicides in honey as the bees gather from gardens and yards that are sprayed by the owners, often in very high dosages regardless of what the label warns. 

There will be a payment due one day for all this stupidity and chemical overuse and there are bugs other than bees that are very important to the environment being wiped out as well.... Sad.

Currently the population of the earth is a little over 7 billion. By 2050, it's supposed to jump to about 10 billion. I'm hoping future advances in biotechnology along with ai and other sciences can solve some of the problems we currently have today. But I'm not betting on it.