Nugget Shooter Forums
ArcticDave

ArcticDave's Legal Eagle XL

9 hours ago, homefire said:

Yep, the guy doesn't seem to have any money issues, eaaa?

You could just go Old School Dave !  

Hey just what i need for my new mini-pontoon boat build. :D  AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

This guy Beck does crazy stuff with the Valveless versions. 

• Like 1

I kept waiting for him to set that Yamaha on fire!

Looks like his perseverance paid off though.

We were talking about hammocks the other day and something happened this morning to really drive the point home.

I was the victim of a home invasion this morning:yikes:
 This Giant Desert Centipede crawled under the door and ran directly towards Ruby! I managed to get her shooed out of the way to safety, then proceeded to chase this darn thing around the house for ten minutes. Too bad nobody was watching...would have made good entertainment :25r30wi:

No sleepin' on the ground for me!

20180803_074558.jpg

• Like 2
  • wow 3

Dang I Hate those things.  While Stationed in Greece I was having a Dream I was being Bit by one.  I woke up with my hand on FIRE !  Looked down and sure as crap I had 7 inch one grasped in my hand.  My hand looked all swollen up and Fire Engine Red.  No flipping Ideas how long I was holding it or even how it got in the water bed with me.  Even the Legs on them things can hurt ya .  Every place they walk on you leaves a Welt. 

• Like 1

My buddy Buddy Bristol in Tucson Died of Rabie's after being chewed on in his sleep by a Rabid Skunk.  That ended my days of sleeping on the Ground.  That was way back in the early 70's !

• wow 1

That's a big centipede, Dave.  My younger brothers and I used to play arthropodal Second World War when we were kids in and around Prescott.  The scorpions, centipedes and stink bugs were Germans, Italians and Japanese, respectively, and tarantulas were Yanks.  The tarantulas always won, at least as I remember our battles.  We'd add little red ants to the mix to represent Jewish resistance fighters (our grandfather was one -- a resistance fighter, not a red ant).  The ants did okay, too.  Nowadays, play of that sort would land a kid in court or in a psych unit.  I still like tarantulas, but am not overly fond of centipedes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, homefire said:

Dang I Hate those things.  While Stationed in Greece I was having a Dream I was being Bit by one.  I woke up with my hand on FIRE !  Looked down and sure as crap I had 7 inch one grasped in my hand.  My hand looked all swollen up and Fire Engine Red.  No flipping Ideas how long I was holding it or even how it got in the water bed with me.  Even the Legs on them things can hurt ya .  Every place they walk on you leaves a Welt. 

How long did it take to heal? I'm glad I got this one before Ruby got bit.

28 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I hope he makes a boatload of cash...

35 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

That's a big centipede, Dave.  My younger brothers and I used to play arthropodal Second World War when we were kids in and around Prescott.  The scorpions, centipedes and stink bugs were Germans, Italians and Japanese, respectively, and tarantulas were Yanks.  The tarantulas always won, at least as I remember our battles.  We'd add little red ants to the mix to represent Jewish resistance fighters (our grandfather was one -- a resistance fighter, not a red ant).  The ants did okay, too.  Nowadays, play of that sort would land a kid in court or in a psych unit.  I still like tarantulas, but am not overly fond of centipedes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! We used to drop wounded ants into ant lion holes too...:inocent:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ArcticDave said:

How long did it take to heal? I'm glad I got this one before Ruby got bit.

I hope he makes a boatload of cash...

Dave No real healing to be done other then the bite site scabbing a bit.  Only thing that worked for the Pain was a 5gl bucket of Ice  Water and salt.  My hand stayed in the bucket most of the day.  Ibuprofen helped  with the puffy bit.   LOL,  Our Med Station was like 4 blocks away.  They gave me a shot of Benadryl for the Swelling.   Hand was still hurting most well when I was able to get to sleep like 10 hours later.  Them little Beast pack a punch.   Hanging on the stupid thing I had Puncture marks  all around my thumb and  finger.  My bet is it ran low on venom after the first few bits !  LOL

Edited by homefire

At least there were no long lasting effects...still doesn't sound fun though.

I wonder why you couldn't let go of it? You had to have been aware of it on some level for it to show up in the dream. 

5 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Wow, Dave, glad you and Ruby didn't get bit by that creature!!

All I can say and comes to mind about the video by Coyote Peterson is what Forest Gump would say...."Stupid is stupid does!!", just nothing else makes sense, I mean getting bit by accident is one thing but to let that thing bite you on purpose is crazy even if you do get paid for letting it bite you!!!

If ya'll didn't watch the followup video here it is.

• Like 2

Land eels, hate 'em!boorb

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Wow, Dave, glad you and Ruby didn't get bit by that creature!!

All I can say and comes to mind about the video by Coyote Peterson is what Forest Gump would say...."Stupid is stupid does!!", just nothing else makes sense, I mean getting bit by accident is one thing but to let that thing bite you on purpose is crazy even if you do get paid for letting it bite you!!!

If ya'll didn't watch the followup video here it is.

I would have thought the same Skip, but I have recently learned how much money a popular youtuber can make...and it's a lot. :00000067:

Some people have no problem doing just about anything for some coin. I remember a kid in high school that would slurp a loogie off the gym floor for a dollar...anybody's loogie :vomit-smiley-011[1]:

• Like 1
  • wow 1

Well he sure as Ell wouldn't have done it if he talked to me first.  LOL    I don't know .  The guy is sorta Bonker, eaa?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

At least there were no long lasting effects...still doesn't sound fun though.

I wonder why you couldn't let go of it? You had to have been aware of it on some level for it to show up in the dream.  

???   No Idea.  How to ell did I know it was going on in my Dream ?  How did I know what it was ?   At some point in my sleep I must have seen it.   The crazy things can kill Birds and Mice.  There are some video's on Youtube of them doing it and Eating the dang things. 

Edited by homefire

8 hours ago, homefire said:

Well he sure as Ell wouldn't have done it if he talked to me first.  LOL    I don't know .  The guy is sorta Bonker, eaa?

Lol...sorta? Oh COMPLETELY bozo for sure!!! :sickbyc:

8 hours ago, homefire said:

???   No Idea.  How to ell did I know it was going on in my Dream ?  How did I know what it was ?   At some point in my sleep I must have seen it.   The crazy things can kill Birds and Mice.  There are some video's on Youtube of them doing it and Eating the dang things. 

Jeez that's nuts.  Dreams can be odd. At least you kept that thing from biting your face. It probably just wanted a warm place to snuggle in for nap :th:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

I would have thought the same Skip, but I have recently learned how much money a popular youtuber can make...and it's a lot. :00000067:

Some people have no problem doing just about anything for some coin. I remember a kid in high school that would slurp a loogie off the gym floor for a dollar...anybody's loogie :vomit-smiley-011[1]:

Dave if you read about all the critters he has let bite and or sting him so he could video it I don't think letting the centipede bite him increased his income very much  so I still feel he was stupid and deserved all the pain.

I sorta think he's a masochist, probably has his wife/girlfriend just off camera dressed in black and cracking a whip!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Dave if you read about all the critters he has let bite and or sting him so he could video it I don't think letting the centipede bite him increased his income very much  so I still feel he was stupid and deserved all the pain.

I sorta think he's a masochist, probably has his wife/girlfriend just off camera dressed in black and cracking a whip!

Yep, I bet you're right. He wouldn't be doing it if he didn't like it.

• Like 1

I knew this guy back when who had all fashions of Body Piercing and crap.   One of his favorite sayings was "" Pain is just a Excess of Pleasure!""     Last I heard about him was he got Dead from Unknown causes.   Still wonder what happened. 

1 hour ago, homefire said:

I knew this guy back when who had all fashions of Body Piercing and crap.   One of his favorite sayings was "" Pain is just a Excess of Pleasure!""     Last I heard about him was he got Dead from Unknown causes.   Still wonder what happened. 

That's strange. Knew someone who was the same way, a high school buddy's older brother...and he's dead too.

• Sad 1