Nugget Shooter Forums
ArcticDave

ArcticDave's Legal Eagle XL

Dang man, sorry to see that :2mo5pow: Perhaps it would have failed later even if it went in now. Seen me some Harley Davidson grenades in my 40 plus year riding them. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd rather it not fail at a couple thousand feet. I wasn't real happy with the heads anyway...good excuse to put the proper head on it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dang that sucks. Sorry to see that. Hey Dave, does that engine manufacturer offer different thicknesses on head gaskets? Thats a cheep and effective way to drop the compression. We do it on our street engines we build and adding a thicker head gasket sure works pretty good. Good luck with the project. 

Yep, Dat chit happens.   Something suppose to just pop together and DHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE  

Soooo.   Are you looking for a complete set again or just one side ?

What year and Engine types would do the job ?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

Dang that sucks. Sorry to see that. Hey Dave, does that engine manufacturer offer different thicknesses on head gaskets? Thats a cheep and effective way to drop the compression. We do it on our street engines we build and adding a thicker head gasket sure works pretty good. Good luck with the project. 

I could stack more head gasket under there to decrease the compression without so much carving, but my deck height was already .232! Way too tall, I had left any quench benefits in the dust. Using a bigger head will allow me to drop the deck height to the optimum .04". Having good quench will let me bump up the compression and the engine will be much more responsive and even run cooler. 

26 minutes ago, homefire said:

Yep, Dat chit happens.   Something suppose to just pop together and DHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE  

Soooo.   Are you looking for a complete set again or just one side ?

What year and Engine types would do the job ?

All I need is one. I can make both heads from one veedub head.

Saving up for a CB Panchitos 044. I can order the combustion chamber cnc milled to 68cc for an additional 30 bucks...saving me a buttload of time.

With the additional work to enlarge the chambers the Panchito head is $330 each.

http://www.cbperformance.com/Panchito-044-8482-Cylinder-Head-94-Bore-p/1673.htm

Edited by ArcticDave
  • Like 2

What Stock head could you work with ?

All the stroker kits for Harley's came with shorter pistons with whatever compression you wanted.

• Like 1

Heat the head in a oven and guides in a freezer and coat both with high temperature anti seize greese. Also use aluminum punches on the guides.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

Heat the head in a oven and guides in a freezer and coat both with high temperature anti seize greese. Also use aluminum punches on the guides.

Thats what I did Bob...and they still split. They are beyond my ability to repair at this point. There is new damage down inside the runners that I can't get at to weld. I'm pretty set on a new head at this point. As a matter of fact, I was so disgusted...I flung each one about 100' over into the scrap metal pile :ROFL:

Edited by ArcticDave

10 hours ago, homefire said:

What Stock head could you work with ?

There is no stock head that would work without a lot of work enlarging the chambers. I'm gonna just save my pennies and buy a good head already loaded. All I would have to do then is cut it in half and build up the rocker box walls. It will save me a lot of time. I've already started clearing the bench for other stuff. I have several things that need building and plenty to keep me busy. The fuselage needs finishing and painting before the monsoon hits. The tail and wings need to be built as well. I have almost all the materials to finish the rest of the plane.

• Like 3