Nugget Shooter Forums
ArcticDave

ArcticDave's Legal Eagle XL

Thats the one!

Would you think it would affect the calibration of that display by extending the sensor lead?

No.  As per the PDF wire loss does not come to play.  Everything is based on the Current / Change  the Thermo Produces

• Thanks 1

Awesome. That may do the job for now. At that price I could order 4 and monitor everything.

Or you could just use one and us switches to the probes. 

• Like 1

Want me to order one of those Tachs and shipped to you ? 

• Like 1

Sure! That will take care of the important one. I really can just use my temp gun to monitor exhaust pipe temps.

• Like 1

To the Morristown Fort ?

Order Made. Will get you a Tracking Number when they post it.

PM Sent.

:D

Something almost too beautiful to use showed up today...

The engine bottom end is almost ready for final assembly.

20180309_092622.jpg

20180309_092653.jpg

• Like 5
  • well done 1

WOW! You're right ... too pretty to fly it ... but fly it you must! :old:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Dang Dave Dats a WHOPPER compared to the thing I had.  Mine was like 3.5ft long.    DUDE your going to get it DIRTY .  Rock Chips and STUFF.  Better be taking it off every night to keep it out of the Weather !  LOL    

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

It's a 55inch x 22 pitch Homey. It's short enough I can wind it up pretty good for take offs.

I'll definitely be taking good care of it. It has at least 17 layers of rock hard maple laminations covered in a thick polyurethane. Keep it wiped off and waxed and it should be good for awhile. I have it hanging on the wall now to keep it away from wagging Labrador tail :)

2 minutes ago, ArcticDave said:

It's a 55inch x 22 pitch Homey. It's short enough I can wind it up pretty good for take offs.

I'll definitely be taking good care of it. It has at least 17 layers of rock hard maple laminations covered in a thick polyurethane. Keep it wiped off and waxed and it should be good for awhile. I have it hanging on the wall now to keep it away from wagging Labrador tail :)

I would make a water proof/UV resisitant covering for it if it were me, maybe use a old car cover or tarp and some sewing skills, sorta a double ended soft rifle case with zippers. :89:

Heck even a couple pieces of PVC pipe with end caps could also do the job, but you may have to have some kind of drain holes so they couldn't collect water inside..

• Like 1

Yea,  Just cut and stitch up some socks for it using one of those aluminum reflective Car Windshield Shades.   The Dacron Sails I was using didn't do well in the UV at all.  You were suppose to even keep track of hours of exposure on the stuff. 

• Like 1

Yeah I will make something if I have to leave it outside. Probably need covers for the whole thing!

• Like 1

Yep,  Some Tarps are Invisible to UV light.  Crap passes right threw them.

I need to build a garage for it. A real roof would block uv great :idea:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ArcticDave said:

I need to build a garage for it. A real roof would block uv great :idea:

Dave I do beleive the proper terminology is hanger, at least until you park your vehicle in it and then it magically becomes a garage or vice versa!! :89:

• Haha 1

I think he can just pop the wings off and park it in the living room.  Emmmmm ?

• Haha 2

You've got an awesome build project thread.

For those suggesting Car Covers--I have a RV with an RV cover over it, and looking underneath it, not a lot of light is blocked.  Same thing with the tire covers.  A common complaint in reviews is the cover lets through light.  Also, my RV tarp at less than a year old has three different tears in it, again a common complaint especially with drains. I think an airplane would have plenty of sharp points.   Takes 40 minutes for me to put the cover on, not unreasonable.  To prep the corners I can take three or four of the floating pool noodles you buy at Walmart for fairly cheap and tape with blue masking tape each time I go out, but that adds another hour to putting the cover on.  My tire covers for the RV also let through plenty of light.

Just bring this up because recently sat on my canvas chair outside and went through the canvas, but was stopped by the ground.  The material was outside for about ten years.  I'd imagine the fabric on the airplane has UV hour rating with standards that require much more care than my lawn chair. 

• Like 1