Nugget Shooter Forums
ArcticDave

ArcticDave's Legal Eagle XL

ArcticDave    742

Thats weird. I just pulled all the 18650's out. They ALL read at 2.1V

I wonder if it was an issue  with the connector plates or the little circuit board? 

I have a couple chargers for these as I use them in a few other devices. I'll charge em up and see if they are still good. I can always use extra flashlight batteries!

homefire    1,542

Yep.   These guys sell OEM Phone batteries for 1/4 the price .

homefire    1,542

2.1 or so is the Run down limit that circuit board in the battery pack was set for. LiIon batteries do not self discharge much. Some manufactures set a cycle limit. Butt Nuggets ! I'm sure DELL is one of them. You just reached that number.

ArcticDave    742

Maybe that explains it. It was fine one day and then I starting getting warning windows popping up the next...so I just disconnected the dang thing. 

homefire    1,542

Spent all day trying to recover what I lost and set up the new computer so I know how to use the dang thing.    Wicked Wanda the Wonder Wife went to buy a Direct Replacement of the HP .  Comes back with a Lenovo Ideapad 320.  It's nice but not what I really wanted.  Sorta planned on using the dead one as a Organ Donor   for when the new one ever had issues.   Turned out the Mother in Law bought this one and was thinking I needed a Up Grade.  Gol Bless her  Not Knowing Computers Heart ! 

• Haha 1

ArcticDave    742

It's hard to get upset when they are trying to do something nice! 

Will you be able to make it work?  I'm not very computer literate...still running my decade old Dell, so I don't have a clue! 

I did try and charge some the 18650's from my old battery pack. They charged up ok, but failed almost immediately when placed in a flashlight.

I guess the computer was right:arrowheadsmiley:

homefire    1,542

Yes is would be Seriously Bad Ju Ju trying to explain the errors of her Generosity. It is  quite well built.  Better some ways and Most Sucky in Others .  Better Key Board for sure.  All but Spill Proof. LOL  Toshiba LCD screen  the Best Made.  Sucky bits are the HP had three USB 2 ports and a USB 3 port.  All my Plug In Play crap requires the USB 3.   This has No USB 3 Port and only Two USB 2 ports.  My O-Scope will take up one of those.  can work around most of that.  One MAJOR SUCKY !!!  The Battery is Built In.  As Per the Service Manual I Down Loaded it takes some Semi Serious Disassembly to replace the thing.  Cost like twice what any other lap top batteries do as well.  $120.00 from Lenovo and like $50.00 my other sources.  DANNNNGGGGGG!   

I'm thinking your batteries were fine when put away.  Age and Time took them.   Try over charging them a bit.  That may correct them.  End Charge is when they reach 4.2V.  Most  chargers terminate charging at that point.   Try using a Cell Phone Wall Wort charger with no control circuit.   They put out 5Vdc.  Monitor the battery.  The meter will only show what the batter is holding.  Let them go Longer at the 4.2 or even reach a bit more for a spell.  If they start getting more then warm let them rest and cool and do it again.  Done that more then a few times and you can get a few more years out of them if it works.  Other wise there just DEAD BUG.  

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

ArcticDave    742

I might try that. I think i have an old phone charger I can cut up. 

Built in batteries sound like a poor idea. I guess they figure by the time the battery dies, it'll be outdated anyway. :idunno:

homefire    1,542

Yea they have the game figured out for sure. I've managed to keep my ol TaShita up and running quite some time now. Two replacement LCD's, Two replacement Key boards later and it's still kicking. It's been my Fall Back , Back up for years. FrankenPuter I call it. Batteries for it are like $13.00.. New in Box Key Boards can be had for $16.00 LCD Screens New are about $70.00 but most 15 inch Dell, HP, TaSHITA , Compac carry different part numbers but are the same item. I'm all but sure all these computers are made in the same building by the same people just stuck in a different case, LOL! All the parts are pretty much off the shelf. Most being produced in China.  I used one out of Dead a HP and Compac so fare. LOL If I can't ever get this all but new HP fired back up I have a LCD from it, eaa? Tashita got caught cooking the books some years ago and all but collapsed. If the still made the ol Satellite Computers I would had bought another one. I know them INSIDE , LEFT SIDE , RIGHT SIDE OUT. A New to us Ride is the Priority right now.

Edited by homefire
  • Like 2

ArcticDave    742

I think a lot things are like that. Assembled under one roof into different packaging. Batteries and auto parts only come from a small handful of manufacturers...but there are more brands than you can shake a stick at. All about giving the consumer the illusion of choice?

I'm glad you can salvage something out of ol' faithful. :) Even if its only the display. 

Girlfriend bought me a battery for the Jeep today. I had bought one for her truck a few months ago, so good karma I guess. Finally got it installed. Had to rearrange some wiring and cut new all thread for hold downs, but its in now and has a little more amps. :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

homefire    1,542

Cool Beans on the Battery. 

• Like 1