Nugget Shooter Forums
Uncle Ron

Spine Surgery

"WOW" Ron,  ..  You have been laid up that long???  That must mean that you haven't been able to use that Wallaby Coil that I sold you a few years ago.  Sorry to hear about your ailment, and hope that this medical-procedure does the trick to get you back upright and back out in that wash.  I am almost 70 (as you most likely are as well), and I'm determined to keep myself (muscles) physically-fit by getting out often enough in rugged country to keep my muscles toned and adaptable to those conditions,....  As the saying goes:  "That which is-Not used withers away"  You got to use it (often) or you'll loose it, ....and I'm not into "withering".  After-all, I'm sure the Gold is testing you and calling to you......Saying:............"Come-on-back if ya got the determination, stamina, endurance, tenacity, grit"...I'll be here for ya.  "Dang", that even makes me want to get back out there,.. I think I'll go out tomorrow!!!  Hope the procedure goes well for you.  Gary

Ron,  I had spinal fusion surgery (L3 and L4) two years ago at Barrow Neurological is Phoenix. The procedure they did on me was called XLIF. 7 months after the surgery I was hitting black diamond runs at Snowbowl! Neurosurgeon Dr. Randall Porter at Barrow gets an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10 in my book. Good luck on your procedure!

Eric

3 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

"WOW" Ron,  ..  You have been laid up that long???  That must mean that you haven't been able to use that Wallaby Coil that I sold you a few years ago.  Sorry to hear about your ailment, and hope that this medical-procedure does the trick to get you back upright and back out in that wash.  I am almost 70 (as you most likely are as well), and I'm determined to keep myself (muscles) physically-fit by getting out often enough in rugged country to keep my muscles toned and adaptable to those conditions,....  As the saying goes:  "That which is-Not used withers away"  You got to use it (often) or you'll loose it, ....and I'm not into "withering".  After-all, I'm sure the Gold is testing you and calling to you......Saying:............"Come-on-back if ya got the determination, stamina, endurance, tenacity, grit"...I'll be here for ya.  "Dang", that even makes me want to get back out there,.. I think I'll go out tomorrow!!!  Hope the procedure goes well for you.  Gary

Hey, Gary, you and I both are losing track of time ... You sold me that coil about10 years ago +/- and I've found a buttload of nuggets with it... Awesome coil and second favorite after my old fiberglass nuggetfinder 14" E .... Cheers, Unc

Hey Ron,....  I guess I have lost track of time,  it seems like only "yesterday" when we met in front of the bar in Kirkland Junction to make the sale.  Glad to hear it has been a good coil for you.  You have all that flat-open country down there to use it in, as opposed to me up here around the Lynx.  My favorite is my Joey, which is HOT, and also a nugget-finder.  I usually don't leave home without it.   Now that the Heat is starting to go away ( finally) I may try to get down in the lower desert areas in search of some new ground, especially when it starts snowing and freezing up here this winter.  Well, take care down there, so you can get back out there and use that coil.... Gary  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

Hey Ron,....  I guess I have lost track of time,  it seems like only "yesterday" when we met in front of the bar in Kirkland Junction to make the sale.  Glad to hear it has been a good coil for you.  You have all that flat-open country down there to use it in, as opposed to me up here around the Lynx.  My favorite is my Joey, which is HOT, and also a nugget-finder.  I usually don't leave home without it.   Now that the Heat is starting to go away ( finally) I may try to get down in the lower desert areas in search of some new ground, especially when it starts snowing and freezing up here this winter.  Well, take care down there, so you can get back out there and use that coil.... Gary  

Gary: 

There is no gold down here.:idunno: Everyone says there is but they are lying :) 

You really should stay up there and enjoy the snow :4chsmu1:

Tom H.

• Like 1

Hey Ron, best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Can't wait to see all the gold you get when they make you robotic like the 6 million dollar man. 

BETTER ... STRONGER ..... FASTER !!!!

6million.JPG

• Like 3

I wish you a very speedy recovery, Unc! Hope to see you guys at the Nov outing and that you're fit as a fiddle and all healed up! :thumbsupanim

Lisa

11 hours ago, TomH said:

Gary: 

There is no gold down here.:idunno: Everyone says there is but they are lying :) 

You really should stay up there and enjoy the snow :4chsmu1:

Tom H.

"OK", Maybe I'll just stay up here and enjoy finding these.

Gary

100_0685.JPG

100_0683.JPG

• Like 2

Good Luck Ron, Hope you heal well and fast

Yo Shok...Yep, there are a lot of great folks here on Nuggetshooter...It's a great "club" to be part of ... I've advanced on the prospect through a couple days of clinic meetings, etc., and now Tuesday is the big day ... They're doing a "simulated relief" injection first with lidocane then next will be the surgery, all on the same day ...  Tuesday's gonna be a long day ... The Doctors seem to be "under-promising" so I hope they will over-deliver in results ... Cheers, Unc

ROn, tell them to put two 24KT gold rods in your back, then you will always be rich. My neighbor had some 24kt gold put in him, before he died, they were pellets for cyber knife, its radiation, to treat cancer and the gold is what it zero;s in on. Grubstake

Ron, my son had his back worked on a while back. He felt so much better right after the surgery . Just be careful and let things heal for awhile before going out and lifting boulders and such. Good Luck, John.

Today is the big day Ron ... Best of luck for a speedy and pain free(eventually) recovery!

• Like 1

I hope everything went well and you follow their advice.

Our good friend Jeff P had surgery and recovery and he is mostly pain free and detects for hours now.  I wish the same for you Ron.

Mitchel

Surgery went good,,,follow up Wed.  Lifetime of pa in now gone! Amazed

• Like 8

You will rise again as these are waiting for you-John

clear creek poundage.jpg

7 hours ago, Uncle Ron said:

YES..! :yesss:

Swamp

Great news Ron ... You'll be out in the field gather nuggets before you know it! Just make sure you do ALL the follow-up and therapy! It makes a real difference in the rate of recovery!

Mike F

On 9/28/2016 at 0:53 AM, Uncle Ron said:

Thats fantastic Ron! Happy for you :)
Tom H.

On 9/28/2016 at 6:32 AM, Hoser John said:

You will rise again as these are waiting for you-John

clear creek poundage.jpg

That's great, HJ...Can I drive up and pick them up this weekend?:4chsmu1:

• Like 2