Nugget Shooter Forums

We all need some help repairing our equipment once in awhile.  A good roll of duct tape has done the trick many times.

This is a commercial that goes beyond duct tape.  It is professional, humorous and it really works.

If you know someone like this guy or you resemble this guy have fun for about 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Been in the HVACR trade for some 40+ years, duct tape ruled! I bought the best, price climbed. A good roll wholesale is $20! In trade, suppose to use crap w/ the numbers on it. BS! Try Gorilla tape, $10 a roll, wrap it on; it ain't coming apart. Just say'n!

• Like 3

I liked the Mythbusters duct tape specials-boats in the ocean fulla sharks,bridges, car catchers etc etc etc....great stuff for sure-John

Look like the same Chit they use to Cast a broken arm. 

Emmmmmm?   DIY metal detector Coil Housing.

Edited by homefire
Added Note.

I was going to use this for a coil cover but ... it doesn't really stick to a cover!  

It sticks to itself and you can wrap it around the spokes of a coil I guess but it is a bit heavy.  I think the spray on stuff is better for a coil than this tape but the tape will be stronger than the handle you fix or the pipe you fix.

It's just a funny (a little too long) commercial.

Mitchel

Duct tape is the greatest stuff in the world when used properly for its intended purpose.. The problems arise when people try to turn it into a permanent fix for the hundreds of temporary fixes it's also capable..

Here's one of my favorite examples: Using it to fix a rip in a motorcycle seat.. Now, the adhesive formula for top-end duct tape is designed to be put in place and left alone.. It isn't meant to be futzed with.. And personally, I can't think of anything that messes with duct tape and it's adhesive more than its being sandwiched between two objects in constant motion..

Have you ever tried to remove duct tape adhesive, especially after it's been exposed to the elements..? Of course you have..! How'd that work out for ya..? Not so good, I don't suppose, right..? Actually, it's worse when still sticky..

Oh yeah, I'm sure you've tried all the supposed removal treatments too -- everything from Goo Gone and WD-40 down through acetone, lighter fluid, gasoline, alcohols and finishing at mayonaise and peanut butter.. You ever end up with anything other than an even stickier gooier mess..? I didn't think so..

Ultimately, the only solution to duct tape residue is covering it over with more duct tape.. Them inventor guys was some kinda smart, I tell ya..!

Swamp

PS: This has been posted in humor.. However, if you do know of something that really does work...:4chsmu1:

• Like 1

LOL   Yep once that goo goes hard and brittle it's show over.  Nothing short of Gamma Rays going to take it off.  While still gooy I've always had good luck with Lamp Oil.   Yep, get it wet and let set for 10 minutes.  Wipes right off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, homefire said:

LOL   Yep once that goo goes hard and brittle it's show over.  Nothing short of Gamma Rays going to take it off.  While still gooy I've always had good luck with Lamp Oil.   Yep, get it wet and let set for 10 minutes.  Wipes right off.

Lamp oil is a new one on me, Homie.. Makes perfect sense though, as it fits the profile of solvents that will work..

Contrary to my above post, the still-oily oil-based solvents (both petrol & citrus) -- things like WD-40, Goo Gone and other orange & lemon based -- do work on the still gooey stage.. Most folks simply don't give it that 10 minutes or more it needs to get in there n mix it up.. When it doesn't work immediately they just say this doesn't work and move on to something else, usually getting the same result because of impatience..

Never personally had baked on / dried to have a go at.. Have heard WD-40 works.. Also heard a home mix of equal parts baking soda / lemon juice / water gets 'er done.. I suppose this means the others will work too if given the time..

Swamp

Yea, The instant Gratification thing seldom works out for me.  I always have to take the long way.

By the time the stuff goes rock on you what ever it was is pretty much history anyways.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 4:45 PM, Swampstomper Al said:

However, if you do know of something that really does work...

Anybody ever tried to remove it with olive oil? Just curious.

Since it's adhered w/ some sort of epoxy/polymer/ resin and cures chemically, no.

Grind it off.

my old ford fairlane had the entire driver's seat covered in grey duct tape...lasted longer than the car.

fred 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2016 at 11:42 AM, fredmason said:

my old ford fairlane had the entire driver's seat covered in grey duct tape...lasted longer than the car.

fred 

AYE, was that the one with the "sheetrock" dashboard ?

• Like 2