Nugget Shooter Forums

Boy did I ever screw up.....just deleted sharing finds. Now have to start over. 

100 % pure skunk today just like the last couple of days. I'm to the point now I would welcome a pull tab at 12"!

• Like 1

Here"s to a cattle ear tag at 6".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LipCa said:

it was backed up, right?

I not sure when the last backup was done, but it's been a while, months, it would have been when we had the IP techs upgrade to this latest format. 

Ok I'll take my punishment tomorrow, headed back to the briar patch next door to hell. 

• Like 2

tons a au 2 u 2....oops and brakes please also-John:head:

Cut my way through briars about two hundred yards farther down stream from my first attempt. Found a much better source for a RAM pump. Tested the water flow and was getting five gallons a minute, super!

Now have to put all the GPS coords in Google Earth and find out how much 1" plastic hose it will take to bring the water to the dry cistern. I'm thinking about 400-500 yards.

Now have to break the news to the wife since she's paying for the set-up!

• Like 1

Here's hopin' you can find a wholesale source.. Last time I checked a Big Box, 100' length of 3/4" was $39.95 + tax..

Swamp

Swamp one of the men here that owns a hardware store and is a friend said he would sell me the hose for $R 1.19

a meter. At todays exchange rate of 3.23 for 400 meters = $147.36 a good price. 

• Like 2

Heading out to look for a new patch tomorrow. Gotta think positive. 

• Like 2

The " new patch " idea was to go to my old patch just eight miles from the house and use my 18" mono to see if I could get a hit or two deeper since the nuggets there are all less than .5 gr. Got started 20 before 0700 and was feeling good about just being out then about 0800 the EMI's were tearing my up. Gave it up about 0840.

My only other option for that old patch is to hire a tractor and disc to break up the ground deep to see if any more little ones are hiding out deeper.

Problem is a tractor starts at R$ 500.00 bucks, if I could even find one to do the work. 

Mac those steep ravines where you found the old boat are now high and dry. Only problem other than the steep banks are now the 6' plus weeds and thorns. 

Now have to regroup and think about plan B!

Only 12 replies, guess I'll have to be #13. Need to go out Don, get some more nuggets for pics, to fill up the thread again.

Edited by Red_desert
  • Like 1

Dang dry spells RD, not that I haven't been trying. 

Should have gone today but I had other plans and they fell through. 

Reading some of the comments on the Aussie forum, the guy who found the huge nugget recently, had a crew working for him. They were pulling out large nuggets same spot during a few days earlier. Newer Minelab detector went deeper was supposed to be the reason......but it was hard digging so most people would have given up before getting to the nuggets.

Drove the 9 miles to my old patch this morning. Someone has burned off the entire region. Scary looking place, too easy 

to be seen by evil eyes. 

Started by 0620, after the cheese bread of course on the way there. So close I had to eat fast and without coffee. 

Stuck with my plan on beeping just the ravine. Got only about 100 yards before the steep sides and big thorn 

bushes beat me down. Still have about 400 yards to go. 

Have pics but my camera batteries are Tango Uniform. 

• Like 1

Finally, pics for the above post. Haven't used my good underwater camera for a year or more since I got the smart phone. 

In that time the batteries gave up the ghost, now only takes five pics or download five pics before the batts. are dead. 

This pic is close to the Toyota that is sitting on the top of the ridge where my patch is. The water three years ago was where

the Toyota is.

009_1.jpg

The patch in front of the Toyota. I'm standing in the gully that was covered with water three years ago. Toyota on the hill. 

007_1.jpg

The gully with the lake in the far background. The rocks on the right side of the ridge about half way down is where I saw the

big snake slide into the water two years ago, that's why I waited until now to beep the snake nest. 

006_1.jpg

• Like 4

Nice view....looks like being in the great outdoors!

clear%20creek%20(2).jpgLong ago but not so far away dredgers in California made it pay. This is my highly modified triple 6" in clear creek canyon. This was the first pile of sized materials to start the Clear Creek Restoration project and PROVE no mercury and dredges are the only viable form of gravel bed creating tool that works....then thrown out at summers end and NEVER allowed to return to a paystreak I LEFT to create this spawning ground for CDFG. Good deeds get you punished. John  DREDGE NO SHOW so a few pounds then from the spot that I left dumb de dumb de dumb??

''triple

Edited by Hoser John
dredge did not show???3 tries and I'm done
  • Like 4

On 9/13/2016 at 4:52 PM, garimpo said:

Drove the 9 miles to my old patch this morning. Someone has burned off the entire region. Scary looking place, too easy 

to be seen by evil eyes. 

Started by 0620, after the cheese bread of course on the way there. So close I had to eat fast and without coffee. 

Stuck with my plan on beeping just the ravine. Got only about 100 yards before the steep sides and big thorn 

bushes beat me down. Still have about 400 yards to go. 

Have pics but my camera batteries are Tango Uniform. 

On 9/13/2016 at 4:52 PM, garimpo said:

NO fantastic Brazilian Coffee..... you are losing it Don!

Glad I didn't disappoint you ED, started the coffee at 0515 along with four ( cheese breads), VOOM VOOM!

HJ that pan your holding sure gets the day dreaming off to a good start!

Plan A for tomorrow is another attack on the thorn "trees" in the ravine. 

23 hours ago, Hoser John said:

John -- Looks like you're trying to do an attachment, which won't work here as far as I know..
Plus what's with the open quotation mark..? That can't be helping things either..

Swamp