Nugget Shooter Forums

HQ (best broadband) clip, which includes a short introduction, set to gentle acoustic that was added to the beginning of song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDQzO3f535c

Had a peaceful Sunday morning going when all of a sudden someone sent me a challenge on whatsapp. 

The map says 31 hour drive but in the Toyota that would be more like 48 hours. The only thing I  pass on

the road is tractors. On this Google map going through my town is the "interstate", one day a small car 

passed me and about two miles down the road I saw the top of it in one of the many holes in the road. 

Here "your lane" is any lane you want to use to get around the holes in the "interstate". 

Check this out, I'm being ask to take a couple of folks with me there. They heard there's a lot of gold there. 

Yea I've heard that before since I have a 4x4 pickup with a king cab. Check it out here: hope it works. It worked

look at the blue road. 

https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir/Uruaçu,+GO,+76400-000/Itaituba,+PA/@-9.9319889,-56.3026033,6z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x93430eb7b400df55:0x59bc477cb6184215!2m2!1d-49.1468996!2d-14.5246488!1m5!1m1!1s0x925fd98e21d31be3:0x5c0cc4ab15463e7e!2m2!1d-55.9931173!2d-4.2670701!3e0

So You GOing ?

From my house to Itaitube is 823 miles or 2,131 km. after talking to my grand-sons other grand-pa who is setting on go but then 

he has everything to gain and nothing to lose. It seems he doesn't have all the answers but at the end of the road at Itaitube it takes

three days and night by barge to get to a very little town. That's where the road quits and from there to the big ranch is only by 

airplane or quads. 

After many questions it seems that the ranch owner went there five years ago and found a lot of gold and bought the big ranch where

they have been digging gold for five years. They have a excavator and a bulldozer and at least one quad. They are going to a new area in 

another month which tells me they have run out of gold in the old location. So the deal now is no % to the owner but I have to pay 

$40.00 and hour for the excavator and $200.00 an hour for the bulldozer. That tells me I'm paying for the expenses of testing areas

maybe with gold or maybe not. Then as has happened in the past if gold is found the rules change, the owner then gets at least 50%

and I still pay for the fuel and food. 

Now Anesio the other grand-pa has no detector or vehicle, doesn't even know how to drive so he calls me after I was home for about 

two hours and wants to know if I'm going to loan him my detector. I said I have more questions and he said yes or no about the loan.

I said NO. This man has been going with me for about 13 years, never helps with fuel, I buy the food, and he uses my spare detector. 

In all those years he's only found one nugget or so he claims. Makes no difference since I'm going with or without him. Not this time

though. 

Another problem is I don't have receipts from the Feds for my detector and every state here has a  police inspection station just before 

leaving each state and then immediately entering the next state another police inspection from that state's police. No receipt no detector. 

I've been on these witch hunts before, only once did I make fuel expenses. 

So for me now it's a NO GO. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I for one am glad you decide not to go, especially now that we have "the rest of the story" as olde Paul Harvey used to say!

It takes me awhile to learn but now and then I "get it". 

Like the time a man here said he knew where an area had good looking deposits like gold has been found here, plus it was close to 

his cousins house and we could stay with him. About 400 miles later and only a quarter of a mile from cousin's place the entire road

was blocked by one huge mud hole with deep ruts. Since I was already in 4x4 I gave it a try by trying to stay on top and in between the'

deep ruts. Mother nature doesn't always cooperate. Neither does mud! Lucky for us a hundred yards behind us was a large tractor just

sitting there. Twenty bucks and the owner said he would pull us out since the Toyota was high centered and the tires were just spinning

with only water under them. 

Then we visited the cousin who didn't have a clue about any gold ever being found in the area. 

So after a short visit we continued on our way, 40 more miles of mud in 4x4 to the pavement. The same "interstate" going North from here. 

After a few questions it seems my friend had not seen his cousin for 8 years and that was the main reason for the trip. 

Yea I have quite a collection of "dufus awards. At least I get to see parts of Brazil that normal tourist never see!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Makes for nice campfire stories to tell later...

This staying in the house and doing nothing is killing me. 

Went for a little test drive today on some of the same dirt roads I've been traveling for 19 years to hunt gold. 

Didn't get very far, thought the guts were going to fall out. 

Called the Doc, he said maybe he will be in my town this next Friday and will examine me for problems. 

Stir crazy ain't fun, :2mo5pow: getting old ain't fun either. :old:

• Confused 1

Amen golden years my arse...John

• Haha 1

After sitting around the house for four months doing close to nothing I decided 

yesterday to give the belly a Thanks Giving test. Loaded the wife in the Toyota and

took her to the lake to harvest Pique. A fruit that basically grows wild here. She knows 

where several trees are after the 15 mile drive on a bumpy and pot holed dirt road. 

We had to go to several different areas because somebody was ahead of us and had

pretty much cleaned the ground. Pique are always harvested after they fall off the tree. 

Ended up with four nice sacks full then the 15 miles back to the house. 

Belly handled the rough road pretty good as long as I never got out of 2nd gear. 

Hoping to start slow and easy next week detecting. HALLELUJAH AND PASS THE 

TURKEY!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, garimpo said:

After sitting around the house for four months doing close to nothing I decided 

yesterday to give the belly a Thanks Giving test. Loaded the wife in the Toyota and

took her to the lake to harvest Pique. A fruit that basically grows wild here. She knows 

where several trees are after the 15 mile drive on a bumpy and pot holed dirt road. 

We had to go to several different areas because somebody was ahead of us and had

pretty much cleaned the ground. Pique are always harvested after they fall off the tree. 

Belly handled the rough road pretty good as long as I never got out of 2nd gear. 

Hoping to start slow and easy next week detecting. HALLELUJAH AND PASS THE 

TURKEY!

Well it appears to have been a truely Thanksgiving day for you Don, great to hear!! :thumbsupanim 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, garimpo said:

Loaded the wife in the Toyota and

Well, I just had to look this up since I've never heard of it. You must like living dangerously.:kap:

http://flavorsofbrazil.blogspot.com/2010/01/dangerous-fruit-pequi.html?m=1

• Sad 1

Morlock I've been eating Pique for 18 yeas and only last week I got three of the spines in my mouth. Two in my tongue

and one in my lip. A nice trick is dry the mouth with a towel or paper napkin and then use a piece of strong tape like 

duct tape and lay it on the area where the spines are and they will stick to the tape. Work this time any way. 

The bottom pic is what they look like, very Yellow. 

• Like 1

One of the local prospectors (150) took his new toy (Minelab 7000) to one of the oldest worked out areas last 

week for a test. I only heard about this after the fact but how do you test a new machine when you can't even 

read the owners manual which is in English. He said he and his buddy dug a lot of trash targets but one of the 

targets really blasted his ears (his words). Turns out it was a nugget about a foot deep. I didn't see the nugget

but it was described as the shape of your index finger and weighed 300 grams! :th:

• Like 2

It can happen, remember Alaska Tom, who once was in the Fisher GB-2 magazine ads. Fisher sent him a detector, said to pay for the machine later when he finds gold. Tuning it or trying to, found out a nugget was under the coil while adjusting the ground balance/threshold. A large enough nugget, doesn't matter if they know what they are doing.