Nugget Shooter Forums

I found Japaratinga  on the map, it's the NE state along the coast....don't think any prospecting is going on in that area.

As promised, after three days of tromping out these hills my amigo came up empty handed. 

13°56'06.4"S  048°43'23.1"W

RD I think the town the report was talking about is in the Amazon. Here in Brazil it's common

for a town name to be used for more than one town. 

14 hours ago, garimpo said:

As promised, after three days of tromping out these hills my amigo came up empty handed. 

13°56'06.4"S  048°43'23.1"W

I tried the gps coordinates...is this the place?

DonMap1.jpg

DonMap2.jpg

DonMap3.jpg

7 hours ago, Hoser John said:

Great detail/clarity-john

Yeah, Brazil is such a very large area, amazing they can spend the time needed to zoom in so close, to map out in the remotest places.

Edited by Red_desert
  • Like 1

Here is zoomed out more, looks like a couple roads go through there, up and around, then back and forth.

DonMap4.jpg

• Like 2

RD I came in and went out on the road to the right. We beeped for about an hour about two hundred yards above the house.

Then we went up the hill leading off to the left of the house and beeped for another hour or so until the lightening and rain put a halt to that.

My amigo went back to an area about 5 km to the East of the house. Still didn't find anything.

Rugged terrain and probably gold in there but necessary to stay there and beep every day.

Yeah Don, looks like a tough job alright, trying to pioneer the way to gold producing spots.

Made a quick trip to my old patch yesterday ( 9 ) miles from the house. Went about 1300

since most  people here take a nap in the early afternoon. Less nosy people. 

Should have stayed home, the place looked like a bombing range! Even big holes in the

dirt road. I spent an hour walking the road and refilling the holes. Didn't even break out 

the beeper. Already at 0500 today lightening in that direction so today is a bust. 

• Like 1

:th:what a way to spend the day :idunno: cleaning up some mo fos' mess a holes. Your a good man Don as our reputation as miners ,PR,  most important . Thanks-John

• Like 1

Always fill in holes, good job Don! Down side is the fellas, probably removed some of the remaining gold, while there digging the holes.

Early this AM we had the worst lightening and thunder storm I've ever seen or heard. 

I had already unplugged all electrical cords so didn't loose any equipment this time. 

Hoping for peace and calm tonight to go beeping tomorrow. Back to the old patch and the draw where I saw the last four feet of a big snake a couple of years ago. 

Speaking of that I took my wife and her sister out to their lake "cabin" Wed. they have a bunch of chickens there that one of the neighbors takes care of for them.

One of the big rooster met a snake that hugged it to death and then tried to swallow it but the head and long neck make it in but the shoulders stopped the event. That old rooster didn't have

any intact bones left in his body, all were crushed. I asked the neighbor about the snake and he has seen it before and he said it's a young one only about four feet long.

Only two other problems, that little guy has a mamma and daddy somewhere. 

• Like 2

Wonder if all that rain can wash any gold loose? We finally got snow today, has been late this year.

RD your right on about the rain and gold. Folks with that thought in mind can sometimes improved their gold recovery. Won't mention any names but we have a couple of members here that prove that thinking, along with a bunch of hard work.

I've often wondered if their method of gold recovery would be a bonanza in the draw I'm beeping. After all it's taken hundreds of years for that draw to develop and it's only a few feet down hill from my patch.

Do you have a dry season to make that a viable option, Don..? I was of the impression you were either wet or wetter in your locale..

Also thought that except where you have land permissions prospecting is pretty much verboten..? I never understood or knew for sure if that is the case or not.. If it is, wouldn't the noise attract..?

By the same token, Reno Chris just did an article in ICMJ where he pulled an amazing amount of chunky 'fines' out of a tiny area during its dry season, an area he'd previously beeped.. Can't recall if he was using a puffer or small gen, but he definitely wasn't using something large and noisy..

So yeah, as long as you can get the material dry enough and it also contains both fines & nugs with you just ignoring the fines for the beeping, I don't see why not..

Swamp

For the above I forgot to note Chris did that in CA, not NV..

SA

The only folks who make no mistakes are those who do nothing...to err is human ...John

Swamp and HJ detecting here is not forbidden, I'm the only one that ask for permission to hunt and then I pay a % to the owner.

The others here, meaning all prospectors sneak into a ranch and never pay a %.

The last patch I keep referring to is where the water has receded. 

Actually the Gov. owns the land there because before the d-a-m was even completed the Gov. paid the ranchers for their land that was going to be under water.

There has been some really worse than bad damage done to the land and absolutely no attempt to recover it. 

As for the rain that's just now starting. It's about a four or five month rainy season. Then the other months are bone dry. I can deal with the rain even if I have to sit it out in the truck and wait until it clears up but the lightening is what shuts me down.

A friend and his dad were fishing on the river a few years back and the lightening cooked daddy in his tracks. Not to long after that I got nailed by lightening. It came in my left ear through the head set. Hurt like you know what. 

We had rain this AM but clear this afternoon. Going to wait and see what happens tomorrow morning. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2016 at 4:28 AM, garimpo said:

RD your right on about the rain and gold. Folks with that thought in mind can sometimes improved their gold recovery. Won't mention any names but we have a couple of members here that prove that thinking, along with a bunch of hard work.

I've often wondered if their method of gold recovery would be a bonanza in the draw I'm beeping. After all it's taken hundreds of years for that draw to develop and it's only a few feet down hill from my patch.

Sounds like it might be worth a try Don, never know for sure, until checking things out.

God I hate lightning. Moved my dredge from it's overnight hidey hole and 5 minutes later WHAM it hit the tree I was chained too. If I had been unlocking holding onto that huge chain I'd a been toast waaaaaaaay out in the boonies and alone. Crawdads and critters would have been fed good for awhile though :ROFL: John

• Like 2