Nugget Shooter Forums

Good luck Garimpo!. I grew up in Okla. Many wild weather stories, hail the size of grapefruit etc...

Man what a day this has been! 

0500 made coffee and fed the little girl dog.

0600 took the wife to the food fair, had a pastel and cane juice!

0730 back at the house and changed into my camo's and got the widow woman across the street in the Toyota. 

Away we went to Hidrolina, a small town maybe 12,000 folks live there, maybe less. 

Loaded the widows uncle in the Toyota with us and away we went. His dad settle these mountains close to a 100 years ago. 

If you ever want an all day drive twisting, turning, up one side and down the other side here's the coords: Google Earth. 

S 14°39'18.90" W 049°25'21.68" That house belonged to the old grand-dad before he went Tango Uniform. 

We drove about 40 miles of that same road that made one big circle. Made a couple of stops to talk to folks. Most of them milk cows and sell the mile and cheese made from them. Several families in those hills that own around 500 head of cows per family. Everyone in those valleys are kin folks. 

Now I'm working on a invite to spend a few days with one of the familes and beep their ranch. It's pretty much a done deal and now I just have to tell them when. Beeping those hills is gonna be a tough go. 

• Like 6

Don, my Google Earth vanished when upgrading the laptop to WIN 10. I'm using a different map source now, does this look like the place?

Garimpo-map1.jpg

Garimpo-map2.jpg

Garimpo-map3.jpg

• Like 1

RD your right on, without doing the hot, slow drive, all in first and second gear. 

Some people just down the road (family) are now using the place as a milk station.

• Like 1

:yesss:  a little PR and good deeds goes a long way in todays world...TONS A AU 2 U 2-John :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

I'm using Zoom Earth, seems to be smart when putting in place names or gps.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, garimpo said:

RD your right on, without doing the hot, slow drive, all in first and second gear. 

Some people just down the road (family) are now using the place as a milk station.

Don, I keep looking at that area just NE of the house. Do you think they will let you get in there?

RD the date of the image I have is 9-2-2011 and there's been a lot of changes since then. Like the cleared area just to the left of the house is now clear in the trees where a lot of good looking quarts is on the surface. It would take about two days to beep that area alone.

I'm going slow with this because I heard them mention they know where some prospectors found gold in the past and after three days took off without paying the  promised 10%. Don't know when that was or where.

Low and slow!

• Like 2

At Zoom Earth they claim new satellite images get added every day. Not sure how old these map images were, but from what I can see left of the house, is mostly clear for quite a distance. If all that open area has quartz veins.....HAPPY HUNTING! :thumbsupanim

Thursday night had everything ready to go to my lake patch at 0500 Fri.

0330 the rain started in down pours, still going at 0530. Off and on all day. 

Stayed in the house not wanting to do a real test of the 4 x 4 system 18 km from the nearest tractor. 

On 10/22/2016 at 4:07 AM, garimpo said:

Thursday night had everything ready to go to my lake patch at 0500 Fri.

0330 the rain started in down pours, still going at 0530. Off and on all day. 

Stayed in the house not wanting to do a real test of the 4 x 4 system 18 km from the nearest tractor. 

Just can't argue with the weather. :idunno:

The other day my laptop updated some major changes, then Google Earth came back again, had been missing ever since upgrading to WIN 10 from WIN 7.

Edited by Red_desert

If no rain tomorrow I'm headed out with a guy I know to an area about 160km from here. 

Bad dirt road most of the way, sure hope it doesn't rain on us. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, garimpo said:

If no rain tomorrow I'm headed out with a guy I know to an area about 160km from here. 

Bad dirt road most of the way, sure hope it doesn't rain on us. 

I guess you'll fill us in on all these later, but: His spot..? Your spot..? New / tipster spot..? Legal spot..? Private or public..? Flat or hilly..?

Inquiring minds want to know.. Await your report along with the others on both the ground and 4by handling / performance..

Swamp

Any place I know?

El D. we skipped this region for good cause. I think it was 64 miles of the twisting turning road I've ever seen in mountains that the rebuilt road had drop offs several hundred feet.

A professor bought a bunch of land in the mountains and has a dozer clearing a lot of land. A good place to beep, lots of exposed quartz. Me and the other guy got in about three hours of beeping before the lightening and rain made us stop.

Left the house at 0500 and got back at 1900. A long and very tiring day and no gold.There is a good possibility by the looks of the ground. The other guy went back yesterday with my loaner detector. Say's he'll be back Mon. 

Have to wait and see what he did for three days. No gold I'll post the Lat/Long of the place. 

Wish ya all the luck in the world-tons a au 2 u 2-John:old:

As promised, after three days of tromping out these hills my amigo came up empty handed. 

13°56'06.4"S  048°43'23.1"W

Sounds remote enough, might have been worth a try.....beeping those dirt roads a little, except probably no time for it.

Don I have a question, where is the town of Japaratinga, are you anywhere close?