Nugget Shooter Forums

hopefully my tiny baby dredge will show it's ugly head---oops disappeared from pictures file say wtll hahaha. My ugly head shot was done by choose files and it worked-use media instead?...god I hate microsoft-John

try try and try again hahaha stubborn ol'miners :old:

02-28-2013 07;15;44PM clear creek triple 6.JPG

• Like 3

Coming back from the lake patch Fri. and the tranny started making a clicking noise in third gear, down shifted to 

1 and 2. Crawled back to the mech here in town, bad news is teeth are breaking off in the tranny. In the shop 

tomorrow for the tear down. Going to be tough on the Visa!

:th:BUMMER :idunno:

What..?
Nononono, that isn't right.. Thought you recently had tranny work done..?
As a general rule, OEM & NOS gearing teeth don't break.. Wear..? Yes.. Break..? No..
Any aftermarket gearing parts changes in the past, Don..?

Swamp

Al it's been abouit 7 or 8 years since almost the same thing happened. The resent work was on a seal that had begun to leak

pretty bad, the way they hammer seals in down here makes you want to scream. It only slowed the leak down. I'm thinking this 

time it could be the "new" seal let all the oil out in two weeks. Hope to find out in the morning. 

The noise I heard was for sure a clicking sound like something breaking. Then the sound of the gears changed from a normal 

hum to almost a growl. 

Mannn, that just totally sux..!

With today's e-assistance shifts there's a couple three different tranny sensors / valves that can cause especially a growling problem which a simple cleaning or replacement can remedy, although ya first gotta find one heckuva honest tec to tell you this and do only that work instead of the total smoke-and-mirrors teardown & rebuild..

With that sweet baby of yours though all we can hope for is the best possible least invasive problem and fix..

Think we should gift your guy a can of grease and rubber mallet..? Or send him plans on how to make a small inexpensive press..? Maybe a gear puller / inserter..??

Swamp

• Like 2

Sounds like a Chiltons manual is called for as proper procedures usually quite explicit....oops wonder ifn' their made in portugese???John

• Like 1

I left the Toy sitting in front of the mech shop this AM, had no idea when they would get around to it.

Drove by there about 1700 and at least it was inside. Going back tomorrow in the AM and see what they found out. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

BAD-BAD-BAD: Most of the gears in the gear box have their teeth pitted and broke so bad I'm amazed I got back to town. 

The guy here that does gears, works only on gears:nutty:. The last time this happened about 7 years ago he replaced most of the gears then. Yesterday he called the owner of my normal mech and gave her the part numbers that need to be ordered. 

He thinks the cost will be in the neighbor hood of $R15,000.00, today that's $4,650.00 USD! :th::cry2:

Down but not out, yesterday got a new lead on a possible good site for beeping. A lot of gold in 

the area years ago but this one farm has never been beeped. One problem is it's 140 miles from here. 

Sorry to hear about all the gears that need to be replaced, from the price quoted :yikes: you may want to consider switching from detecting gold and go to detecting for transmission gears, hope he gets it fixed soon!

Call me a skeptic, but don't those prices sound a tad inflated to you..?
Can't remember year of or the special setup on yours.. Take a look here though: http://www.powertrainproducts.net/ 
For ex: If a tranny why buy every gear possible when ya can get a complete rebuild for a third to half that price..?

Swamp

24 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Call me a skeptic, but don't those prices sound a tad inflated to you..?
Can't remember year of or the special setup on yours.. Take a look here though: http://www.powertrainproducts.net/ 
For ex: If a tranny why buy every gear possible when ya can get a complete rebuild for a third to half that price..?

Swamp

I'm guessing that the shipping would cost twice the price of the purchase, and then you have to deal with what they charge to allow it through customs, Don has often mentioned the outrageous price that customs charges to let a metal detector in the country!

• Like 1

:th::idunno::tisk-tisk::2mo5pow::old: that price is bloody insane...hope it all works out in the end---any luck trying to find a parts toy??John

10 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

I'm guessing that the shipping would cost twice the price of the purchase, and then you have to deal with what they charge to allow it through customs, Don has often mentioned the outrageous price that customs charges to let a metal detector in the country!

I'll get in touch with with my bud I was doing car shows with up until the bubble burst in '07 or '08, depending, and see if I can get a phone # / address for these guys in Brazil who got into doing custom muscle cars there around the same time $$s got weird here.. At that time I believe they were concentrating strictly on 72 - 76 Dodge Darts, which in Brazil then were a full 4-year vehicle cycle behind the US.. Most of the ones in Brazil are small block V-8 4-speeds -- making for relatively inexpensive young kid resto muscle..

Long story short is they did well and expanded into more exotic vehicles.. Two or three years ago I did setup and first day of the Daytona Turkey Rod Run with Danno and the Boys From Brazil were there on a parts buying trip.. They'd gotten to the point they lease a shipping container for sending everything back.. If that's the case perhaps I can put you, Don, in touch with them, which should save you a ton of $$s getting parts into the country..

Lemme see if they're still making these trips.. If there is I'll get y'all in touch with each other, if indeed you're interested.. Let's see what I can find out first, 10/Roger..

Swamp

• Like 2

These truck are solid metal pieces of machinery for many years until Toyota quite making them in 2000. Now people want them and the pieces are getting harder to find. A parts toy would just be buying more problems, most people here that own this truck don't maintain it at all, only what's necessary to keep it running. I go the other way and want to fix anything that may or may not be a problem when I'm away from home on the road. 

All help is appreciated Swamp but it's like Skip mentioned by the time I pay the price of the item, then the shipping by the USPS, then the customs import fees (80%) of the ticket, it at least doubles my cost. That's why if I can wait for a small item I wait until I make my annual visit to Okla. and then haul it back in my luggage. 

Going in the AM to talk to the gal that's trying to find the pieces for me in the state capitol. 

The price of vehicles here is outrageous to say the least. A Toyota Hi-Lux, a Fiat Oro, a Mitsubshi are all around R$150,000.00, a three year old pick-up is around 60-80 grand. That's the reason for keeping this old Toyota, expensive to maintain but it's just a little here and a little more there instead of marrying a new one for life. 

On 9/24/2016 at 9:51 AM, Hoser John said:

clear%20creek%20(2).jpgLong ago but not so far away dredgers in California made it pay. This is my highly modified triple 6" in clear creek canyon. This was the first pile of sized materials to start the Clear Creek Restoration project and PROVE no mercury and dredges are the only viable form of gravel bed creating tool that works....then thrown out at summers end and NEVER allowed to return to a paystreak I LEFT to create this spawning ground for CDFG. Good deeds get you punished. John  DREDGE NO SHOW so a few pounds then from the spot that I left dumb de dumb de dumb??

''triple

Nice John, you were able to do that before, not allowed back.

Back in 93/4 or so. Better world but much needed as college ran $50k for last son. Tough now removing all that camo paint from my clothes and body now a daze-John

what dredge hahaha.jpg

WTG HJ: Looking at that gold and that beautiful dredge gives me "happy feet". 

At least I got some great news today. Swamp the gal that owns the BIG truck repair shop sure came through. Instead of finding a original Toyota part she sourced a knockoff built by another company that supplies Toyota parts for the collectors. 

Then she went with me to the mech and she did all the talking and instead of him collecting the parts price + another 50% and his wages the entire package and work is now around R$3,500.00 and that's for everything new in the gear box including the new gear box. 

Exchange rate at this hour is 3.22 so cost in USD is a tad over $1,000.00 :yesss:

Will test for two days here in town, then back on the dirt trails. I'm guessing that here in Brazil 98% of the roads are dirt. Starting this time of year "mud". 

Back to thinking nuggets Monday 10 Oct. 2016!

• Like 4

That's awesome Don :yesss:, sounds cheaper than it could be done up here in the states!!! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

YAHOO good karma, and connections, pays off once again. Hope your back in the saddle again soon and the treasure hunt is righteous :yesss: John

• Like 2

As they say, "all is well that ends well" so bet you'll be glad Don to be back at your nugget patch again! YES :D

That's more like it..!

Swamp

Heading out tomorrow early in the AM to a town about a two hour drive from my house. Gold has been found in the area for years but this ranch I now have permission to beep has never been beeped. 

Won't be much sleep tonight!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, garimpo said:

Heading out tomorrow early in the AM to a town about a two hour drive from my house. Gold has been found in the area for years but this ranch I now have permission to beep has never been beeped. 

Won't be much sleep tonight!

Good luck Don, I hope you find tons of nuggets!