Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pairadiceau

Quick Trac Button GPX 5K

Ok guys this is a shout for assistance from some of you more experienced GPX users....

I need to reroute the wire from the quick track button on the handle to the port on the control box....  I have looked at ML instructions online for assembling the unit and they say "plug the thingy on the end of the wire into the port"....  Ok they did not say thingy but you get the drift...  I thought the thingy should simply plug in and be removable with slight force much as you would expect plugging in and un plugging your headphones, there I go assuming again....

Simply put, the thingy does not unplug with slight force...  So that is my dilemma, if left to my own devices I am sure I could really screw up a great detector and that would be a bummer as Shep is too far away to fix it easily....  

So if any of you guys have dealt with this and know the right way to remove it please let me know....  

Thanks in advance to any of the Nugget Shooter crew for your 2 cents....  

Nugget Shooter Forum is the best...

Happy Hunting 

Jeff 

Situation fixed, I was able to just rearrange and tape the wire coils out of harms way.....  This was to allow a detector holder I built for my Samurai to clamp the upper shaft without putting pressure or strain on the quick track wire...  Still curious as to how to safely remove the connector from the control box....

Edited by pairadiceau
Condition change from critical to normal......

hey Jeff;

the plug is very tight, so a firm grip and firm push to seat it, or firm pull to remove it...no twisting or pliers!!!

you never talk to me anymore...sniff, sniff

fred

• Like 2

Fred,

Thank you amigo for the advice.....  The framing hammer was really not a good idea....  I ended up moving the wire a bit and securing it with tape.....  Spent the afternoon exploring the El Pasos north of Randsburg.....  Also got to look at the huge terraced open pits of the Yellow Aster and Baltic mines.....  Stringer district....     Very interesting stuff....   Talk soon.

Jeff

• Like 1

I believe if memory serves there is a notch and grove for that plug so line those up ... and then as Fred said in my own word 'press hard' til it clicks. To remove do the same but in reverse ... pull hard but steady ... no twist, no pliers ... no hammers! :ROFL:

One other thing that I did on mine was to tape the wire down to the shaft from the handle to the box. I found that every once in awhile I would catch it on something ... haven't broken the wire yet but could have. Now it can't catch because I have electrical tape securing it as I said from the handle to the box. Hope this helps a bit.

Mike F

• Like 1

Thanks Mike,

I was able to finesse the wire coil on the shaft out of harms way and secure it with electrical tape....

Once a sheet rocker everything looks like a nail!   Just ask Fed ?...

Have golden spring, summer, fall etc....

jeff

• Like 1

I need to reroute the wire from the quick track button on the handle to the port on the control box....  I havelooked at ML instructions online for assembling the unit and they say "plug the thingy on the end of the wire into the port"....  Ok they did not say thingy but you get the drift...  I thought the thingy should simply plug in and be removable with slight force much as you would expect plugging in and un plugging your headphones, there I go assuming again....

Simply put, the thingy does not unplug with slight force...  So that is my dilemma, if left to my own devices I am sure I could really screw up a great detector and that would be a bummer as Shep is too far away to fix it easily....  

So if any of you guys have dealt with this and know the right way to remove it please let me know....  

I know it is hard to unplug after being plugged in.  Not much help there im sorry, but it is a tough little plug.

4 hours ago, Mohamedal said:

Simply put, the thingy does not unplug with slight force...

'M' ... It will pull free. Just make sure you hold onto the PLUG and not pull on the wire! 

Yep it will come right out with a pop, be sure to take care not to damage the wire