Nugget Shooter Forums

Why not cover your holes? It only took me 10 seconds to do it for you! Remember the BLM is watching!

post-23679-0-18989400-1455419827_thumb.j

post-23679-0-19473200-1455419948_thumb.j

• Like 1

I walked by a few like that today.kick of the boot a few times is all it takes.

Lon

• Like 1

Lazy folks. Going to ruin it for everyone.

• Like 1

Hah... recheck the area before you kick it back... There can be more that

was in the dig hole or spoil pile... Listen for a sharp zit-zit whisper that

is associated with a non-ferrous conductive metal such as gold... The less sharp zip-zip

can also carry ferrous iron. The hill side slopes are now best to detect as they

are hard to setup and dry wash... Also keep in mind hill-slope residual placers can

also yield larger nuggets. Being first is everything jim

• Like 4

Hah... recheck the area before you kick it back... There can be more that

was in the dig hole or spoil pile... Listen for a sharp zit-zit whisper that

is associated with a non-ferrous conductive metal such as gold... The less sharp zip-zip

can also carry ferrous iron. The hill side slopes are now best to detect as they

are hard to setup and dry wash... Also keep in mind hill-slope residual placers can

also yield larger nuggets. Being first is everything jim

When I was starting out I checked a lot of steep hillsides but didn't find anything. Once I started finding gold, all the nuggets I found were in little flat spots, natural places where the dirt "settled" that the gold liked to "rest" in. That's what I tend to look for. Do you think nuggets are sometimes "trapped in suspension" and can still be found in steep dirt that's still making it's way down into a gulch or wash?

When I was starting out I checked a lot of steep hillsides but didn't find anything. Once I started finding gold, all the nuggets I found were in little flat spots, natural places where the dirt "settled" that the gold liked to "rest" in. That's what I tend to look for. Do you think nuggets are sometimes "trapped in suspension" and can still be found in steep dirt that's still making it's way down into a gulch or wash?

Yes-GOLD can be any where :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...

I walked by a few like that today.kick of the boot a few times is all it takes.

Lon

Hey Lon dont forget that one of them holes was worth YOUR dollar :4chsmu1:Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...

Why not cover your holes? It only took me 10 seconds to do it for you! Remember the BLM is watching!

It looks more like a depression from the rock laying next to it which could have been kicked over by anything :idunno: I agree with the hole filling buttttt Im not perfect either :2mo5pow: Mike C... :200:

If they start covering their holes, I will never know they were highgrading off my claim.

• Like 1

I try not only to cover the holes, but remove as much evidence as possible that the spot was ever disturbed...No point in attracting attention to a patch! ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 3

post-1713-0-38034400-1455730104_thumb.jppost-1713-0-29680100-1455730179_thumb.jpThat is exactly what led me to these three last Saturday in the Dale -- a cluster of unfilled scratches and dig holes. I guess whoever made the initial find was not using a GPZ7000 or they wouldn't have missed these.

attachicon.gif2016-02-14 15.04.54.jpgattachicon.gif2016-02-14 15.04.54.jpgThat is exactly what led me to these three last Saturday in the Dale -- a cluster of unfilled scratches and dig holes. I guess whoever made the initial find was not using a GPZ7000 or they wouldn't have missed these.

If someone was over those and missed they need to go learn their machine.

Then again, those are the kind of folks that don't fill their holes.

• Like 2