Nugget Shooter Forums
garimpo

SCOOPION!

Although we have some really big scorpions here but nothing the size of my SCOOPION.

Scoop%201.jpg[/

Many times when digging a deep nugget with my big pick I carry all the time I end up having to make the

hole twice the size it should be. So being lazy I decided to make something that would work better. Took

the standard treasure scoop, drilled a 23/64 hole in the end just right for the biggest wood screw I could

find. Then filled the inside channel half full of PC7 and inbeded the screw in with plenty of the PC7

also filling the threads, then filled the rest of the channel over the top of the screw with more PC7.

Scoop%202.jpg

If anything breaks it won't be where the screw is. Got to try it out the other day on some dirt in a big flower

pot that was really packed in tight. Worked like a charm.

So you use the screw to attach a longer handle? or to screw into the dirt to loosen? or both?

Smarter than the average bear. John PS-saw news flash about horrendous flooding in SA,Brazil was supposed to be hit bad-reality or hype??

Edited by Hoser John

WH the screw is because it's tough and I just use it like a hand pick, it really loosens the packed dirt quick.

HJ no hype, San Paulo has around 20 million people living there and their running out of water but inland is

where most of the flooding is taking place. They also have big problems with mud slides.

I like the scoop modification as now even when your working like a dog you can still say your just screwing around :grr01: bad John bad- :old:

• Like 4

just don't fall on it, you would get screwed

• Like 1

Believe it or not but before I posted those pics I was wondering what the comments would be like.....

not disapointed.

• Like 1

... so you knew you were screwed before you started!

• Like 1