Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

Ya I have to agree Saul I learned a lot in that split second after I regained consciousness. A new respect for electricity too. :D

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw that story on another site this morning.  Pretty cool.  Start digging, y'all.  The source is only 410 miles deep. 

Only problem is we have only made it down about 40,000 feet!

Here is an interesting new update.
Now the latest analysis of Hubble's data reveals there could be more than two trillion galaxies—10 times more than previously thought.  Typical galaxies, like our Milky Way, have 100 billion stars. That means the total number of stars—or suns out there—is 2, followed by 23 zeros. That's called 200 sextillion and that doesn't include all the planets rotating around them.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Only problem is we have only made it down about 40,000 feet!

Here is an interesting new update.
Now the latest analysis of Hubble's data reveals there could be more than two trillion galaxies—10 times more than previously thought.  Typical galaxies, like our Milky Way, have 100 billion stars. That means the total number of stars—or suns out there—is 2, followed by 23 zeros. That's called 200 sextillion and that doesn't include all the planets rotating around them.
AzNuggetBob

But if anyone messes with our planet, you can bet it's the Russians. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's the nice thing about numbers, you cant argue with them. they are one of the few things in this world that are constant you can only debate where the numbers came from. but in the end the numbers always win the argument,at least in our galaxy. if you think about it, Hubble is a history machine. Its seeing things that happened billions of years ago.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

That's the nice thing about numbers, you cant argue with them. they are one of the few things in this world that are constant you can only debate where the numbers came from. but in the end the numbers always win the argument,at least in our galaxy. if you think about it, Hubble is a history machine. Its seeing things that happened billions of years ago.
AzNuggetBob

The conundrum is that what the Hubble is seeing is "history" so are all these stars really still there in real time or have they long since burned out or exploded??

I don't think we will ever know all the answers in this life, will we know all the answers in a afterlife, who knows since we don't have all the answers!!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, Saul R W said:

I saw that story on another site this morning.  Pretty cool.  Start digging, y'all.  The source is only 410 miles deep. 

That is not really that far when you think about it. I spend most of my time closer to outer space than to a post office. I am farther from a Wal Mart or a doctor than a trip into orbit. 

410 miles is a drive from Las Cruces to Wagon Mound. Piece of cake brother! The secret is to dig in a real sandy spot and those blue diamonds are only a couple months away.

The only thing that would slow me down is that I would have to run every shovel through my puffer as I dug. So, getting 410 miles might take me a couple weeks longer than a boring machine.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Pure meanness
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That is not really that far. I spend most of my time closer to outer space than to a post office. I am farther from a Wal Mart or a doctor than a trip into orbit. Or Juarez.

410 miles is a drive from Las Cruces to Wagon Mound. Piece of cake brother! The secret is to dig in a real sandy spot and those blue diamonds are only a couple months away.

The only thing that would slow me down is that I would have to run every shovel through my puffer as I dug. So, getting 410 miles might take me a couple weeks longer than a boring machine.

If there was placer running uninterrupted from surface level to 410 miles deep, Boulderdash would be waiting for you at the bottom of the hole, and he'd have an accurate bucket count on the project, too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

If there was placer running uninterrupted from surface level to 410 miles deep, Boulderdash would be waiting for you at the bottom of the hole, and he'd have an accurate bucket count on the project, too.

That rascal has documented himself and his obsessive habits for the whole world to see. Thusly he has been the subject of conversation a couple of times around my campfire. It is obvious that he digs tirelessly, creates beautiful handstacks and is a natural placer engineer. He kinds reminds me of me and I don't even know the dude.

I would never post photos of my handwork in the gulches. I am afraid it would be used against me in some future court proceeding as evidence of my insanity. This guy seems to be unabashed about his little problem and is just letting his freak flag fly! You GO Boulder dash!

I am sorta sensitive about coming out of the closet on my habit of digging in the blazing sun for days. Washing and sorting tons of rocks by size and shape and carefully stacking them into strange monuments reminiscent of Ankgor Wat. Then separating the dirt by weight and collecting little particles, meticulously analyzing each aspect of the operation and calculating the data. ...I love it but the rest of society thinks I have a brain tumor. I just don't want all that getting out into public.

I figure we could have a race to the diamonds! Boulder dash, Bedrock Bob, John Henry and a big noisy steampunk shovel contraption! It would be interesting to see who blew a hernia or popped a disk first. In case of a tie we will count blisters, hemmorhoids and that big rash you get on your forearm from mucking over your leg. It'll be a hoot!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Indecision, hyper focusing on details, compulsion, obsession. Probable chemical imbalance caused by diet and/or substance abuse.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That rascal has documented himself and his obsessive habits for the whole world to see. Thusly he has been the subject of conversation a couple of times around my campfire. It is obvious that he digs tirelessly, creates beautiful handstacks and is a natural placer engineer. He kinds reminds me of me and I don't even know the dude.

I would never post photos of my handwork in the gulches. I am afraid it would be used against me in some future court proceeding as evidence of my insanity. This guy seems to be unabashed about his little problem and is just letting his freak flag fly! You GO Boulder dash!

I am sorta sensitive about coming out of the closet on my habit of digging in the blazing sun for days. Washing and sorting tons of rocks by size and shape and carefully stacking them into strange monuments reminiscent of Ankgor Wat. Then separating the dirt by weight and collecting little particles, meticulously analyzing each aspect of the operation and calculating the data. ...I love it but the rest of society thinks I have a brain tumor. I just don't want all that getting out into public.

I figure we could have a race to the diamonds! Boulder dash, Bedrock Bob, John Henry and a big noisy steampunk shovel contraption! It would be interesting to see who blew a hernia or popped a disk first. In case of a tie we will count blisters, hemmorhoids and that big rash you get on your forearm from mucking over your leg. It'll be a hoot!

The first time I saw a video of Mr. Dash moving rock, it was one in which he and Adam filled 1,872 buckets for fun in a couple of hours before going to work on a Monday morning, with several miles of stacking thrown in as a warm-up exercise.  I think they had Olivia Newton-John singing Jazzercise tunes in the background.  The first thing that crossed my mind was how much I'd like to hire Boulder.  The second thing was a brief reminder to myself to focus on cracks and crannies when I finally get moved back to AZ, and to leave the hand processing of 10 yards per hour to the youngsters. 

As for documenting exploits, I'm against it for the sake of denial, both plausible and implausible.  If your wife thinks you're gathering wild tulips on your excursions to the hills, her lawyers won't ask much about your activities during asset disposition depositions.  If you're looking for and finding gold, take photos of pretty butterflies and cloud formations instead of your placer pickings, and come home wearing Birkenstocks and daisies in your beard, so that no one suspects what kind of critter you really are, and what you've been up to.  Of course, if documenting your prospecting gives you another way to make money off your work, that's another story.

If you kids decide to hold a Dash for the Diamonds race, how about making an annual thing of it?  Each year's hole's tailings could be used to fill the previous year's hole (now there's some lovely grammar).  Death Valley would be a wise place to start digging, just because you'd start off a bit closer to the diamonds.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

The first time I saw a video of Mr. Dash moving rock, it was one in which he and Adam filled 1,872 buckets for fun in a couple of hours before going to work on a Monday morning, with several miles of stacking thrown in as a warm-up exercise.  I think they had Olivia Newton-John singing Jazzercise tunes in the background.  The first thing that crossed my mind was how much I'd like to hire Boulder.  The second thing was a brief reminder to myself to focus on cracks and crannies when I finally get moved back to AZ, and to leave the hand processing of 10 yards per hour to the youngsters. 

As for documenting exploits, I'm against it for the sake of denial, both plausible and implausible.  If your wife thinks you're gathering wild tulips on your excursions to the hills, her lawyers won't ask much about your activities during asset disposition depositions.  If you're looking for and finding gold, take photos of pretty butterflies and cloud formations instead of your placer pickings, and come home wearing Birkenstocks and daisies in your beard, so that no one suspects what kind of critter you really are, and what you've been up to.  Of course, if documenting your prospecting gives you another way to make money off your work, that's another story.

If you kids decide to hold a Dash for the Diamonds race, how about making an annual thing of it?  Each year's hole's tailings could be used to fill the previous year's hole (now there's some lovely grammar).  Death Valley would be a wise place to start digging, just because you'd start off a bit closer to the diamonds.

I think a digging contest would be quite appropriate. Just like a drilling contest. Many of us have taken busting it up and mucking it out to a whole new level. There are prospectors and then there are muck artists. B-Dash has proven his virtuosity with a shovel beyond a doubt. He is the man to beat!

My recollection of him was a photo of a red jolly rancher on a volcanic matrix. Spun a tall tale to go with it. Called it a red beryl and had a bunch of guys really going on about it. Laughed so hard I think I busted a stitch. So I know he is not all looks, muscles and money. He has a keen sense of humor as well!

When you are digging 450 miles deep a couple miles one way or the other is no big deal. I would start at 8000 ft. or above so that my tailings rolled down hill and I would not have to keep mucking them back. Just set my drywasher on top of the Rocky Mountains and huck it out of the hole and straight onto the screen. Once it passes the riffle tray it will have a couple miles to roll downhill. It will save me a lot of dead work handling tailings. (and you thought I could not engineer? pffft!!)

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Muck me faster baby! FASTER!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

23 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I think a digging contest would be quite appropriate. Just like a drilling contest. Many of us have taken busting it up and mucking it out to a whole new level. There are prospectors and then there are muck artists. B-Dash has proven his virtuosity with a shovel beyond a doubt. He is the man to beat!

My recollection of him was a photo of a red jolly rancher on a volcanic matrix. Called it a red beryl and had a bunch of guys really going on about it. Laughed so hard I think I busted a stitch. So I know he is not all looks, muscles and money. He has a keen sense of humor as well!

When you are digging 450 miles deep a couple miles one way or the other is no big deal. I would start at 8000 ft. or above so that my tailings rolled down hill and I would not have to keep mucking them back. Just set my drywasher on top of the Rocky Mountains and huck it out of the hole and straight onto the screen. Once it passes the riffle tray it will have a couple miles to roll downhill. It will save me a lot of dead work handling tailings. (and you thought I could not engineer? pffft!!)

The mountainside would certainly simplify tailings disposal.  If piled on the flat, a 6' diameter hole dug 410 miles deep would generate a refuse cone about 618 feet high, assuming a 45-degree angle of repose (and ignoring volume of air between chunks of rock) -- not as large as, say, Sunset Crater cone, but still a respectable pile.

• Like 1

:pop::pop::pop:

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 6:51 AM, Au Seeker said:

The conundrum is that what the Hubble is seeing is "history" so are all these stars really still there in real time or have they long since burned out or exploded??

I don't think we will ever know all the answers in this life, will we know all the answers in a afterlife, who knows since we don't have all the answers!!

Good point Au Seeker
Many of those stars are not there anymore, they have exploded or have morphed into red giants,brown or white dwarfs. some are Quasars that appear to be a single bright star and some are just an illusion, gone. but there are many new ones that we won't see with current technology for millions if not billions of years. Talk about oxymoron's. we are currently looking at the past. the greater the distance the older they are or were.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mysterious radio signal found in space and astronomers aren't sure where it's coming from

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/08/07/mysterious-radio-signal-found-in-space-and-astronomers-arent-sure-where-its-coming-from.html

They are telling us to quit launching unmanned cars into space. 

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Mysterious radio signal found in space and astronomers aren't sure where it's coming from

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/08/07/mysterious-radio-signal-found-in-space-and-astronomers-arent-sure-where-its-coming-from.html

Elon Musk probably had the stereo cranked when they launched the car, If you know what I mean. It does have a huge back-up battery!  :rasberry:
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This could be considered to be off topic but then again it is all part of the big picture.

Where did all of the earth's water come from? Has it been here since the earth was formed?

45 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

This could be considered to be off topic but then again it is all part of the big picture.

Where did all of the earth's water come from? Has it been here since the earth was formed?

No one knows for sure, maybe comets or asteroids, but if you have hydrogen and oxygen and mix it together, voila you get water, this we know for sure, figure out how these got here either already mixed as water/ice or separately and you have your answer!

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-did-water-come-to-earth-72037248/

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, Dakota Slim said:

Whatever you do... DON'T ANSWER!!  It's a trap.

• Like 2