Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Slim I personally think that the earth is not out of balance enough to cause a wobble. I think the wobble is possibly caused from an old asteroid strike that the earth has yet to recover from.
If this is the case I do believe in time it will recover and spin with a smooth axis once again barring anymore large asteroid strikes anytime soon.
It could also have something to do with shifting molten iron or magnetite at the center and may have more to do with magnetism and our magnetic field.
I don't think we have been measuring it long enough to properly catalog the changes yet.
I don't think droughts and heavy periods of rain have anything to do with it.
The amount of water on the surface is insignificant compared to the mass of the molten iron/magnetite core.
If there is no change in the so called wobble over time
It could even have something to do with the earths rotation in our solar system in relation to other planets or moons that also have large magnetic cores tugging it out of its smooth rotation as they pass by.
Just my thoughts on it.
 AzNuggetBob

Hi Bob. I agree on the earth part. That article is about the universe and my brain has a hard time dealing with anti matter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven Weinberg's book, "The First Three Minutes," makes a relatively math-free attempt to explain the genesis of the universe, and offers some explanation of the imbalance between matter and antimatter, for those who are interested in such things. 

As for the world's need for wheel weights, it makes sense to me that water and ice would have sufficient mass to change the amount of wobble.  Have any of you ever driven a car tire that had a small amount of water inside?  It doesn't take much to make the tire hop all over the place, especially if that little bit of water freezes in the tire on a cold night. 

My first toy as a child (well, second, after mud) was probably a top -- dreidel, really -- and later I attempted to steady the spin of wooden tops (you know, the way a top makes little circles, with the axis making an inverted cone shape?), by sticking tiny bits of wax or chewing gum to the side.  It took very little sometimes, a piece smaller than the head of a pin, to noticeably increase or decrease the wobble -- how low or high relative to the top's "equator" made a difference, too, with a mid-latitude weight, say at 45 degrees, having the greatest effect on the top.

The Earth is already out of balance, and judging by records in our rocks, has generally been out of balance to a greater or lesser degree, so it wouldn't take very much to increase the wobbliness and change the axis periodically.  It seems to be a constantly changing thing.  If you take a few trillion tons of water and move it to a new location on the planet's surface, it's going to effect the axis.  If I haven't miscalculated, the annual weight of rainfall falling on Earth is about 536 trillion tons.  That's a lot of weight to be moving around from place to place, even on an object as massive as our planet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

 

Steven Weinberg's book, "The First Three Minutes," makes a relatively math-free attempt to explain the genesis of the universe, and offers some explanation of the imbalance between matter and antimatter, for those who are interested in such things. 

As for the world's need for wheel weights, it makes sense to me that water and ice would have sufficient mass to change the amount of wobble.  Have any of you ever driven a car tire that had a small amount of water inside?  It doesn't take much to make the tire hop all over the place, especially if that little bit of water freezes in the tire on a cold night. 

My first toy as a child (well, second, after mud) was probably a top -- dreidel, really -- and later I attempted to steady the spin of wooden tops (you know, the way a top makes little circles, with the axis making an inverted cone shape?), by sticking tiny bits of wax or chewing gum to the side.  It took very little sometimes, a piece smaller than the head of a pin, to noticeably increase or decrease the wobble -- how low or high relative to the top's "equator" made a difference, too, with a mid-latitude weight, say at 45 degrees, having the greatest effect on the top.

The Earth is already out of balance, and judging by records in our rocks, has generally been out of balance to a greater or lesser degree, so it wouldn't take very much to increase the wobbliness and change the axis periodically.  It seems to be a constantly changing thing.  If you take a few trillion tons of water and move it to a new location on the planet's surface, it's going to effect the axis.  If I haven't miscalculated, the annual weight of rainfall falling on Earth is about 536 trillion tons.  That's a lot of weight to be moving around from place to place, even on an object as massive as our planet.

Good point Saul.

 

 

Slim I didn't have time to watch the video. I thought it was in reference to the earth wobble.
We are learning new things every day about the universe and random chaos seems to be part of the norm in space. after Hubble I cant wait to see what the James Webb Space Telescope finds. I hear its supposed to be 100 times more powerful than Hubble. and based on the billions of galaxies (galaxies not solar systems)Hubble has found by approximation, sorry didn't mean to make you head hurt. :D should be quite a show. Its going to orbit the Sun rather than the earth. launch is around Oct. last I heard.
AzNuggetBob

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify, my reference to math-free physics up yonder wasn't meant to be commentary on anyone's education level, except maybe my own.  It's possible to earn multiple degrees in engineering and still stink at advanced math.  Ha!  I faked it in school and survived.  Anyway, I enjoy science books with the quantum equations dumbed down for me.  Weinberg, who's getting up there in years and still brilliant, is good at explaining complex subjects for simple folks.  Richard Feynman was another from that generation of geniuses who was able to write for commoners without making us feel common.

Okay, back to gold ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Good point Saul.

 

 

Slim I didn't have time to watch the video. I thought it was in reference to the earth wobble.
We are learning new things every day about the universe and random chaos seems to be part of the norm in space. after Hubble I cant wait to see what the James Webb Space Telescope finds. I hear its supposed to be 100 times more powerful than Hubble. and based on the billions of galaxies (galaxies not solar systems)Hubble has found by approximation, sorry didn't mean to make you head hurt. :D should be quite a show. Its going to orbit the Sun rather than the earth. launch is around Oct. last I heard.
AzNuggetBob

 

 

Wow. I didn't realize the Webb Telescope was going to orbit the sun. That will put things in a whole new perspective. :200:

  • Like 1
  • well done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can just hear James Webb's mother now...."you'll burn your eye out kid!!!"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saul

Along a similar line of thinking, we know that the moons gravity distorts the planets surface to a certain extent from gravity as is passes by. what if our moon is pulling  our molten magnetic core out of center as it passes by at its closest point to earth? a random wobble could be created in the rotation of the earth depending on the cycle of the moon. could this have any effect on how secondary gold precipitation is formed in/on our planet or even the movement of our tectonic plates?.
As far as the James Webb telescope.
Have you ever looked up in the nite sky and seen a twinkling star? well most of this is caused by distortion as the light travels through our atmosphere. not saying those wishes wont come true but with telescopes outside our atmosphere we are already discovering moons around distant planets by the pulsating light from a rotating moon or moons around the brightly lit planet. or even whole solar systems rotating around a bright star and believed to be the same principle behind a blinking or flashing star but not to be confused with a pulsar or neutron star. I think the James Webb telescope is going to answer some of these questions. this is why we need to get outside of the box. Ground based optical telescopes are really seriously limited by optical distortion, illusions.

AzNuggetBob

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AzNuggetBob --

Until the age of space telescopes, we were like near-sighted people who invested in the best possible eyeglasses, while living in a house with muddy windows.  It was a good day when we took our first look around from outside the atmosphere.

Hopefully Webb experiences fewer start-up engineering glitches than Hubble. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Take a look at this and let me know what you think. AzNuggetBob

 

 

https://link.theplatform.com/s/2E2eJC/WEr2HCxMej3_?format=redirect&format=redirect&Tracking=true&Embedded=true&formats=MPEG4

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even gold dust,😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tombstonepatty said:

Even gold dust,😊

Possibly Patty, but I really think there is a lot more to that comet/asteroid than meets the eye. for example, is it extraterrestrial maybe never returning or is it in a larger orbit outside of our solar system that we don't yet understand?

AzNuggetBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I think about space and how vast it is. I’m completely overwhelmed by its being.  On and on.   Who will ever know what came before .   I hope this planet can survive people!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tombstonepatty said:

When I think about space and how vast it is. I’m completely overwhelmed by its being.  On and on.   Who will ever know what came before .   I hope this planet can survive people!

So true Patty, so true. AzNuggetBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Life comes from mother earth and returns to her to create new life, spirits travel the universe, simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2014 at 12:45 AM, AzNuggetBob said:

Gold

We know how, why and for the most part where it forms in the earth's crusts, but do we know with any certainty were it came from? could this help point out where to find it?

AzNuggetBob

This thread, over the last four years, has been a source of wonder, learning, laughter, agreement, disagreement, and enormous pleasure. Personally, I don't care where it comes from. Exploding Nebula's, the Gods, jewelry stores - wherever, as long as I keep finding it I'll be satisfied. Great Conversation All! 

jones822112.jpg

AGATRIPPhotos 080.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry this thread does go all over the place. sometimes a little off track. But it wouldn't have lasted all these years without all the viewers and contributors. so here is a toast to them. :oregonian_winesmiley:
AzNuggetBob

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob you are a source of History and like it or not a legend in the nugget shooting world, why some of your escapades over the years have been a source of education as well as side busting laughter. Thanks for your input here my friend.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 7:04 PM, Nugget Shooter said:

Bob you are a source of History and like it or not a legend in the nugget shooting world, why some of your escapades over the years have been a source of education as well as side busting laughter. Thanks for your input here my friend.

Thanks Bill
I'll tell ya its a lot of fun sharing info on gold and nugget hunting here. Ive seen many tons of placer gold working on several large and small placer operations over the years and learned a lot about placer mining from them. I've also taken that with me when I'm nugget hunting, my true passion.
There is nothing like digging gold nuggets on a hillside or out of a wash with nothing more than a detector and a pick.

"digging gold never gets old"
AzNuggetBob

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Thanks Bill
I'll tell ya its a lot of fun sharing info on gold and nugget hunting here. Ive seen many tons of placer gold working on several large and small placer operations over the years and learned a lot about placer mining from them. I've also taken that with me when I'm nugget hunting, my true passion.
There is nothing like digging gold nuggets on a hillside or out of a wash with nothing more than a detector and a pick.

"digging gold never gets old"
AzNuggetBob

Bob that reason was exactly why I got into gold hunting/prospecting, but in my case when I started here in the eastern USA it was in a stream using a shovel, sucker tube and pan, then later a sluice, highbanker then a dredge, it just blew my  mind that I could dig gold out of the dirt and gravel that has never seen the light of day for the most part and I being the first person to hold it in my hand, it being worth money was just the cherry on the top albeit I have never sold any of the gold I have found, if I don't need it later in old age it will go to my kids!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Bob that reason was exactly why I got into gold hunting/prospecting, but in my case when I started here in the eastern USA it was in a stream using a shovel, sucker tube and pan, then later a sluice, highbanker then a dredge, it just blew my  mind that I could dig gold out of the dirt and gravel that has never seen the light of day for the most part and I being the first person to hold it in my hand, it being worth money was just the cherry on the top albeit I have never sold any of the gold I have found, if I don't need it later in old age it will go to my kids!

Skip
I'll tell you the whole story. I also started out pretty much the same way with a gold pan, sluice box back in the 70's in N.Cal. and then moved up to a 3"dredge. got my first gold detector and went out a few times and found nothing but trash. gave up on detecting gold and went back to dredging. but things where gettin crazy (gold rush in Cali) and it was getting a little bit crowded in the rivers and creeks, ok very crowded. elbow to elbow, dredge to dredge in many places.
So I moved to Az in 1980 figured I'd go back into construction but then I got  a job at a placer mine. I already knew how to operate backhoes, loaders, dozers and track hoes from working in construction in calif. pushing dirt is pushing dirt right. so anyway I learned a lot at the first mine and purchased another metal detector. I realized I wasn't hunting or digging in the best places before. fortunately it didn't take me long to start finding nuggets this time around. I learned to avoid the trash as much as possible and how to follow the old pay streaks working at the mine and from dredging too. I started finding nuggets hunting on weekends. my style was to save the trashy areas for last. that was just the start. I started reading books. I'll tell you I amassed a pretty large prospecting book and map library. there wasn't an internet or any forums back then. I also learned to follow the old drywashers. I leaned a lot just from experience out hunting. Then I started learning more about geology and it really took off from there. many of the rules are the same but I prefer desert placers. and the desert placers have kept me busy for many years whether I'm working for large companies or on my own.
There is more I don't have time to write it all here today.
Also Its much easier for me to go out and do it than sit here and write about it. It all comes to me sort of second nature when I'm out in the hills. when I see the geology, old flow lines,lifted outcrops,types of rock, rounded aggregate and other indicators in general, stacked rocks from the old timers etc. there is all sorts of things I'm looking for. my mind just kicks into nugget hunting mode. trying to outsmart those wyely little golden critters is almost a sport for me. a game of hide and seek. almost as much fun as finding them.

AzNuggetBob

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, balishine said:

keywords

home decor wholesale, wholesale home decor, garden decor, home decor, bath and body, collectibles, wholesale, packaging, decor, garden, super store, superstore, home decor super store, home decor superstore, handicraft, handicrafts wholesale

 

I've been spammed!  :wee::laught16:

AzNuggetBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A little info on whats going on in deep sea exploration and mining. The Race to Send Robots to Mine the Ocean Floor.

 

https://www.wired.com/story/the-race-to-send-robots-to-mine-the-ocean-floor/

 

 

 

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

https://www.hulu.com/watch/1047026

AzNuggetBob

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AzNuggetBob

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×