Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

A sad moment for many when we heard he had passed away. He was a huge contributor to astrophysics, cosmology, quantum mechanics, mathematics and never let his physical disabilities slow him down. Going to miss listening to his lectures and new ideas about space, cosmology and his theories. loved his jokes too, and regardless of his physical disabilities that grin on his face when he was sharing something new was priceless.
RIP Stephen Hawking
Gone but will never be forgotten.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I guess they don't use cargo nets on their airplanes. :arrowheadsmiley::D

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

On 3/11/2018 at 9:21 AM, chrisski said:

Honestly not sure how many people truly believe the earth is flat compared to are seeking attention.  The Dare Devil with the homemade rocket https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2018/01/24/can-this-flat-earthers-long-delayed-rocket-launch-be-saved-we-may-soon-find-out/?utm_term=.2e2445af49c9  IMO was doing nothing but seeking funding to do something cool.  By feeling we have to pay attention to those attention seekers diverts us from doing real work and going forward.  Once you start trying to prove the round earth theory, they have got your attention and distracted you and won.  Flat Earthers remind me of this:

(Millennial Job Interview)

http://abc13.com/science/self-taught-rocket-scientist-blasts-off-into-california-sky/3265289/

• Like 1

Uh-oh going to have to scrub the launch again for a new paint job.

AzNuggetBob

Brings to mind Wiley Coyote and the 3 Stooges.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Notice all the holes in the chute, Well paint, and misc.parts flying off your rocket has a tendency to do that. I think a camera in front of his face would have been fun to watch?.

personally I think this was a test shot. time for a new paint job.

Edited by AzNuggetBob

On 2/22/2018 at 6:41 AM, Morlock said:

I doubt if they'll ever be able to "mine" ocean waters for gold economically. Ppb's are way too low. You would have a mess if you tried to electroplate since there's so many other elements in the ocean. I just can't see it being done.

I'm sure there's lode and placer gold on the ocean floor in places just like there is on land so I'm not talking about manganese nodules or smokers. One of these days they'll find a way to mine those deposits but I think "mining" the ocean waters is a pipe dream.

Morlock There are several things you may not have considered. there are thousands of known hydro-thermal vents on the floor of the seas. these vents constantly spew mineral rich waters from volcanic activity. The metallic PPM on some is very high. some are very powerful vents, roaring up out of the vents that would not require much energy to tap or pump them at all. All you have to do is tap them and dredge the metal rich fluids up through platers on the surface or even filter them through positive charged carbon columns.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2018 at 3:30 AM, AzNuggetBob said:

Morlock There are several things you may not have considered. there are thousands of known hydro-thermal vents on the floor of the seas. these vents constantly spew mineral rich waters from volcanic activity. The metallic PPM on some is very high. some are very powerful vents, roaring up out of the vents that would not require much energy to tap or pump them at all. All you have to do is tap them and dredge the metal rich fluids up through platers on the surface or even filter them through positive charged carbon columns.
AzNuggetBob

Mining the seabeds are going to be hard enough to do. Mining just the vents is even more so and makes less sense economically.

I think there's only one company in the world attempting to mine the seabed.

http://www.nautilusminerals.com/irm/content/overview.aspx?RID=252&RedirectCount=1

I just found this article today.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/04/12/japan-rare-earths-huge-deposit-of-metals-found-in-pacific.html

Edited by Morlock
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Here is a great New NASA video of the moon and shows a lot about its history. I really think we should spend more time and money there than Mars. but maybe it has something to do with the Mars soil samples? The great red planet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/new-nasa-video-shows-our-moon-stunning-detail-ncna865406

AzNuggetBob

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
bad link
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Morlock said:

Huh.  I always figured the first triillionaire would be some guy named Yung Loo selling bootlegged and pirated and cloned goods on ePay.  Asteroid mining is a much more respectable way to get rich. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

OK but I prefer a live link. :pop: AzNuggetBob

I'm not sure as to why Bob, but the link becomes live when Morlock's post is quoted.

Edit: Not sure what the issue was, I clicked on edit in Morlock's original post, did nothing to the link and saved it and now the link is live.

Au Seeker I made it a live link in the quote. AzNuggetBob

10 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Au Seeker I made it a live link in the quote. AzNuggetBob

That's weird, it became a live link when Morlock quoted it a few hours after his post, or he could of made it live in the quote I guess, but what's weird is I quoted his original post this morning just to see what would happen and it was a live link in the quote and then I deleted the post where  I quoted him, and as mentioned I edited his original post but did nothing except click edit and then I saved it and it became live without me doing nothing to it, strange to say the least.

Bob is the link live now for you in Morlock's orignial post and in the post where he quoted his orginal post, just trying to see if there's still any issues with the link/s?

Ahhhhhhh the twists and turns of this topic.... Learn or don't, but a blast. Thanks to all that make this thread stay lit especially you Bob. When I was learning as a noob, you were a good source of info... Still are.

• Like 2

No issues Skip. :200:

Thanks Bill,

I've learned a lot from you too over the years. I will post and answer posts as time permits and I hope others will as well. Thanks to all that have contributed here.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

On 5/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, Dakota Slim said:

What's the matter???
The universe is out of balance and nobody knows why

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/opinions/alpha-cern-antihydrogen-opinion-lincoln/index.html

Slim I personally think that the earth is not out of balance enough to cause a wobble. I think the wobble is possibly caused from an old asteroid strike that the earth has yet to recover from.
If this is the case I do believe in time it will recover and spin with a smooth axis once again barring anymore large asteroid strikes anytime soon.
It could also have something to do with shifting molten iron or magnetite at the center and may have more to do with magnetism and our magnetic field.
I don't think we have been measuring it long enough to properly catalog the changes yet.
I don't think droughts and heavy periods of rain have anything to do with it.
The amount of water on the surface is insignificant compared to the mass of the molten iron/magnetite core.
If there is no change in the so called wobble over time
It could even have something to do with the earths rotation in our solar system in relation to other planets or moons that also have large magnetic cores tugging it out of its smooth rotation as they pass by.
Just my thoughts on it.
 AzNuggetBob

• Like 1