Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

Where does gold come from? with AZ Nugget Bob...

23 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

In my opinion, claiming ownership of either pole would be like claiming ownership of the moon, but, as access becomes easier, ownership will undoubtedly become an issue. 

Dennis Hope owns the moon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2654045/Id-buy-moon-Former-car-salesman-claims-owns-Earths-satellite-10million-selling-pieces-lunar-landscape-buyers-include-Tom-Cruise-Tom-Hanks-George-Lucas.html

And I own the north and south poles.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, homefire said:

Nope. As long as you have a valid deed, you are protected against any alien claim jumpers.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Morlock said:

Exactly. And they have a term for those who disregard claims of title to property. It's called "adverse possession". 

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

It's called "adverse possession".

Ask 10 lawyers what that term in land ownership means and how it to acquire land using it and you will get 10 answers.

• Haha 1

Emmm Sounds like Squatting to me.   You just have to Reoccupy your property and defend it.

"In six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them."

This is a pretty bold statement, especially when you consider when it was written. 

Homey From what I've read The squatting laws are very different from state to state.

Slim I would rather not get too religious here. for me its all about the science.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Slim I would rather not get too religious here. for me its all about the science.

AzNuggetBob

Amen!!! Science and religion are incompatible. As a matter of fact, some people would argue that religion is one of mankind's biggest faults and the "Golden Rule" would better serve us much better.

• Like 1

Holy Moley,

They actually detected gold and platinum being created in a neutron star kilonova!  To say nothing about the human race's new found ability to detect gravitational waves, this is utterly astounding. It's a brave new world.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-gold-finally-found-precious-140000482.html 

Might be hard to drywash in zero g.

Edited by ShinyCy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ShinyCy said:

Holy Moley,

They actually detected gold and platinum being created in a neutron star kilonova!  To say nothing about the human race's new found ability to detect gravitational waves, this is utterly astounding. It's a brave new world.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-gold-finally-found-precious-140000482.html 

Might be hard to drywash in zero g.

Beat me to it Shiny.

Here is another article on this, two black holes collide making gold and platinum. I am pretty sure it said as much gold as there is earth we live on! 

NPR article

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

First-seen neutron star collision creates light, gravitational waves and gold.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/world/neutron-star-collision-gravitational-waves-light/index.html

Here's more on this....

Scientists witness huge cosmic crash, find origins of gold

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article179076696.html

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2017 at 8:55 PM, Dakota Slim said:

"In six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them."

This is a pretty bold statement, especially when you consider when it was written. 

Back in the day when we could still get meaningful drugz I coulda done it in four..

Then we wouldn't have any real-igions screwing things up with a thousand hair-splitting mis-interpretations and misnomers of non-existent nuanced minuate that somehow managed to get pulled out of a basic working-man's language, because among other reasons instead of the end of Chapter One reading: 'and on the seventh day he rested' it would read 'and on the three-day-weekend he recreationaled..'

Matter of fact, if the question could be posed I bet the man would reply he enjoys water skiing just as much as he enjoys fishing just as much as he enjoys dredging just as much as he enjoys flying low up a river in a jet boat (lower case on purpose,) and it all gets done among all people without incident because we live on and are surrounded 24/7/365 by (the love of) 'church' instead of grudgingly setting aside an hour or two maybeee once a week to head off and "practice religion," which in all manner minus the handful of notable exceptions preach a dogma unattainable by humans while remaining in human form.. It's a no-brainer why some folks go religiously nuts or can easily be lead to do so..

The vast majority of people on what's left of this planet of ours tend to believe "religion" can be defined and used as a direct substitute for "spirituality," which simply isn't so.. Fix that misnomer and separation of Church and State may one day actually come to be..

With that having been said though, I, too, agree this forum isn't the place to figure it out.. I'm having enough of a problem trying to figure out the best way to repair these burn holes in my gold net.. :4chsmu1:

Swamp

The Communist Minions with Doctorate Degrees being generated by some collages fall for this stuff.

We have more important matters to attend too here in New Mexico.   Like the Matter of the Missing Vienna Sausages !  I opened a my last of six cans yesterday.   You get 7 (SEVEN) sausages in a can.   This can had 2 (TWO).  WTH ?  Today I attempt to make a sandwich (Short of Sausages)  and find something Alien in my Bread.  It would seem SOME ONE couldn't figure out what to do with that bit of plastic covered paper tore off the bag of Bread Mix. ??

Plastic Bread.jpg

Plastic Bread2.jpg

• Like 1

Yep alien stuff everywhere.  Hey did ya hear about that blood red rain in India?

AzNuggetBob

Well I cant find a full unlocked full version of this show but if you get National Geographic I suggest you watch it.

Sorry  this is just a clip. I'll see if I can find the full version. It gets really strange.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wild/stranger-than-nature/videos/its-raining-blood/

Edited by AzNuggetBob

On 9/5/2017 at 7:59 PM, K Hoagland said:

Who says we are not?

On 9/6/2017 at 11:59 AM, AzNuggetBob said:

Kevin
From what I've found doing research on this subject some believe that the gold on our planet is from a neutron star explosion near our planet millions of years ago. could there be large gold nuggets in the asteroid belt? some think its raining down from the asteroid belt in the form of asteroids and meteorites or even dust. tests have shown that some meteorites contain gold but in small amounts?
It may be a combination of both over time and reconstituting in the surface crust of out planet over time. We know that the surface of our planet is reconstituting itself through plate tectonic shuffle over the core
and that may be causing the concentration of gold deposit in the same process through a combination of heat,  and geothermal natural chemical percolation and precipitation to form the deposits we are mining today.
AzNuggetBob

I agree Kevin. I dont think it ever stopped coming down completely and with all the news and confirmation of two neutron stars colliding does that mean we get twice the gold of a single neutron star explosion? But I do think the gold deposition on our planet has slowed down and in the initial wave was probably many million if not billion years ago. I'm also wondering how much our asteroid belt is going to consume and randomly regulate out to us over time as it has in the past.
Just my thoughts on it.
AzNuggetBob

I think that article is a bit misleading.  They detected neutron stars colliding, and then theorized that much, much gold was created.  I actually can believe that, but what I can't believe is the articles about the octillions in gold created https://www.forbes.com/sites/samlemonick/2017/10/16/stars-collided-to-make-your-gold/#67a616132efb (May be the first article, I read this in a few places.)

People using science to their own ends is not limited to global warming.  Certainly makes Forbes point to say a lot of money in gold.  I really don't think we have an instrument that can tell the elemental makeup of a single star 130 million light years away, so to claim we detected it before, during and after, I doubt that.  To my middle school math education, it seems logical it did occur, but I don't think we had a spectrometer focused on that single star so, so far away.

I agree with you the numbers are dubious at best. But if one teaspoon from them weighs over one billion tons, no doubt vast quantities of gold and platinum were produced. Even if it wasn't equal to the mass of 100 suns.

Can't wait for the results from the James Webb Telescope and Assuming we can believe the results from the Advanced Space-borne Thermal Emissions and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER) satellite. It has much better technology and has little distortion than our land based sensors because of the atmosphere.
Assuming Neutron stars are the source based on what we just witnessed from many land based telescopes that knew of and where watching and waiting for the collision.
Is the gold traveling near the speed of light? and if so how long will it take to get here if we just saw the collision between the Neutron stars.

AzNuggetBob

Neither can I. I just hope they don't encounter any issues like they did on the Hubble. This project seems a lot more complex and fragile which means more can go wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also hope this last just as long as the Hubble, if not more and not the projected 5-10 years.